Drivetrain new dinan plug and play

Old 02-04-2017, 10:24 AM
heavyJ
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2017All4
I'd call ECS. Maybe they can help you out and do what's necessary to earn your business now. I think I got free shipping as well as a great price on the unit.
They are super nice I have ordered some parts from them in the past. I might hit them up if I dont see anything in the next month or 2. I would buy it now if there was a deal but not in a hurry unless something pops up.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:10 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Why deny the fun for $30 discount? You probably spend that on on crap you don't need. Best $300 upgrade for a MINI.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:35 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,964 Likes on 1,764 Posts
Originally Posted by tattedXB
Where you guys getting the dinan's fromn? The link to their site no longer works...

TY!
You can get it here:

https://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/D440-0012/

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 02-06-2017, 08:23 AM
heavyJ
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Valentines day special coming up?

Old 02-06-2017, 02:20 PM
tattedXB
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered mine from ECS over the weekend, shipping today - so i'll HOPEFULLY have it by wed or thurs

Tires are full of air - ready to test this bad boy out (just gotta wait for it!)

Old 02-08-2017, 05:45 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Originally Posted by heavyJ
Valentines day special coming up?
Not for this product or anytime soon. But keep an eye on our email or main posts in the vendor announcements for other upcoming deals.

Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 02-08-2017, 05:45 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Just ordered mine from ECS over the weekend, shipping today - so i'll HOPEFULLY have it by wed or thurs

Tires are full of air - ready to test this bad boy out (just gotta wait for it!)
Thanks for the order.

Old 02-19-2017, 04:55 PM
tattedXB
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just sliced into my knuckle almost down to the bone trying to unplug the power sensor from the car - how the heck do you even get past that 1st step? LOL

Old 02-19-2017, 05:15 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Received 507 Likes on 383 Posts
I just sliced into my knuckle almost down to the bone trying to unplug the power sensor from the car - how the heck do you even get past that 1st step? LOL
As have others, including me. Guess you gotta pay to play

Old 02-19-2017, 07:34 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
Very long needle nose pliers help.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:05 PM
vetsvette
Received 450 Likes on 343 Posts
Power sensor? Are you talking about the T-Map connector? I've had my NM in and out of the car 6-8 times. It's a little awkward, but haven't lost any blood yet. Probably shouldn't have said that. Jinx-X!

Old 02-22-2017, 07:25 AM
subzero05
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
fyi, word on the street is that Dinan might be releasing a "dinantronics elite" box that has their full 4yr 50k new vehicle warranty in the not too distant future for those who might have interest. Sport is fine for me, but maybe new car guys might have interest In it

Old 02-22-2017, 08:46 AM
heavyJ
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by subzero05
fyi, word on the street is that Dinan might be releasing a "dinantronics elite" box that has their full 4yr 50k new vehicle warranty in the not too distant future for those who might have interest. Sport is fine for me, but maybe new car guys might have interest In it
Makes me want to wait now, I wonder how long until this would come put, thanks for the possible heads up.

Old 11-21-2017, 03:02 PM
curtyv
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone else having trouble with the Dinantronics Sport app on iOS 11?

I've noticed bluetooth range has decreased dramatically - I now have to hold my phone up to the dash in order for it to connect to the module. Once the app is connected it crashes the moment I try to change any settings like +/- PSI, etc.

For reference, this is on an iPhone 6 running iOS 11.1.1.

Old 11-21-2017, 03:06 PM
vetsvette
Received 450 Likes on 343 Posts
11.1.2 is out. Maybe that'll help.

The following users liked this post:
curtyv (11-21-2017)
Old 12-06-2017, 06:24 PM
curtyv
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Finally got it working yesterday after updating iOS to 11.2. I think Apple must have rewritten some Bluetooth firmware in some of these updates, because the change in range is definitely noticeable when connecting to the device. Of course it could be a number of other things, but it's working now and I'm happy.

Speaking of happy, I dialed the boost down to Sport (+2 psi) yesterday and Sport + (+3 psi) today, and I can say the experience is much more enjoyable than at the Race setting (+4 psi).

+4 psi is fun to give you that dramatic "throw you back in your seat" sensation, but I just couldn't deal with how laggy the boost felt. +2-3 psi feels much better in my opinion. Smoother power delivery, not as in-your-face, but a little punchier than stock -- just what I was looking for.

Old 12-06-2017, 06:31 PM
Mini_Vinnie
Received 265 Likes on 209 Posts
After all the elite/sport talk I called Dinan this morning and asked what setting they recommended. The tech was extremely cool to talk to and he said basically he run it on race on crappy 91 oct California gas.

He said it that car is designed to protect itself meaning that if something would go wrong the car would override the Dinan.

He basically suggested to keep it at race, where I had it. And also for 7hp more, the elite wasnt worth it in his opinion unless im racing it.

Total respect for the honesty he showed me.

The following users liked this post:
2017All4 (12-06-2017)
Old 12-06-2017, 08:10 PM
2017All4
Super Moderator
Received 507 Likes on 383 Posts
Originally Posted by Mini_Vinnie
After all the elite/sport talk I called Dinan this morning and asked what setting they recommended. The tech was extremely cool to talk to and he said basically he run it on race on crappy 91 oct California gas.

He said it that car is designed to protect itself meaning that if something would go wrong the car would override the Dinan.

He basically suggested to keep it at race, where I had it. And also for 7hp more, the elite wasnt worth it in his opinion unless im racing it.

Total respect for the honesty he showed me.
As I quoted on another thread what Dinan told me in response to my questions:

"If you ever do a comparison to the modes of SPORT-- the race settings gets you a slightly higher peak number but it falls on its face quicker in comparison the sport + setting which also has a slightly fuller mid range. Basically Race gets you a big number on paper and a more violent low end so it may feel its faster but Sport+ is actually the best setting (at least for 91 octane) for just spirited driving.

I have never seen what the boost targets are for ELITE on the MINI to be honest but if they are like BMW they are slightly higher just because of the additional control over fueling and what not since you can tell the car how to behave rather then it being reactionary."

I liked Race mode using 91 gas, until the little bit of knock when it got hot. So I dialed it back to Sport+ and have found it to be a bit smoother with still plenty of punch.

Yes, it is true (hopefully) that the DME/engine management systems keep everything safe -- but there is a performance downside to that. The knock sensors and other minders, when confused, will dial things back. If there is a discrepancy between what the DME "thinks" it should be seeing and what it is seeing, it adjusts. Sometimes those adjustments can rob the engine of power. And this can happen in a more exaggerated way with the Dinan set to Race mode because the engine will do everything it can to prevent an over-lean condition. It might try dumping in a bit more fuel, or it might just dial things back and "de-power" the engine. Or you might get a little hesitation while it figures out what it wants to do in response to what it thinks it is seeing.

The further you push it and the more you lie to the engine, the greater the likelihood that it will react in sub-optimal ways.

So, no, 4psi of extra boost isn't going to fry an engine or burn out a cat or blow a turbo on these fine engines. But the DME might get cranky and just take its ball and go home right at the moment you're looking for that extra kick to pass that truck on the hill.

All things in moderation..... but, yeah, race mode is fun.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:06 AM
Mini_Vinnie
Received 265 Likes on 209 Posts
I hear you. I had to call them for something else and decided to ask. I switched it to Sport+ after you suggested but could never tell the difference.

Granted is snowtime in Minneapolis so no need to go fast until April