Drivetrain Presenting the AWE Tuning MINI F56 Exhaust Suite

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 11:34 PM
johntotah94
6th Gear
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I would like the loudest exhaust so I'm leaning toward the track edition.
My concern is drone. Do you guys have experience with bad drone on the highway?
Unless I should settle for the touring..

Old 05-02-2016, 04:27 AM
jetmechinnc
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had my AWE Tuning Track Exhaust for a little over 2 months now. I can say easily there isn't drone on highway use. It's actually very quiet. Hit the switch to green mode and cruise and you will think you have the stock exhaust. Radio is perfect in low setting. It only gets loud when you hit the accelerator. Its actually to me, the perfect exhaust. No drone even cruising around town in sport mode, yet very loud when you floor it, especially if you are in between buildings or going in a tunnel! My wife's R56 with Quicksilver exhaust is much louder going down the highway in the cabin, but if we have a sound off in the driveway, AWE is much louder!

I helped another Miniac here in NC put on the AWE Touring exhaust on and he likes it. Doing revs in the parking lot, it's about half as loud as my Track exhaust, but much louder than his stock exhaust on his cooper S. His wife mainly drives it so they went for the touring. She said her Cooper S would be sporty sounding, but the real noise makers in their garage would stay as the Mustang and 55 Chevy!

Old 05-02-2016, 05:49 AM
Josh/AWE
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by johntotah94
I would like the loudest exhaust so I'm leaning toward the track edition.
My concern is drone. Do you guys have experience with bad drone on the highway?
Unless I should settle for the touring..
Is your MCS an AT or MT?

Originally Posted by jetmechinnc
I've had my AWE Tuning Track Exhaust for a little over 2 months now. I can say easily there isn't drone on highway use. It's actually very quiet. Hit the switch to green mode and cruise and you will think you have the stock exhaust. Radio is perfect in low setting. It only gets loud when you hit the accelerator. Its actually to me, the perfect exhaust. No drone even cruising around town in sport mode, yet very loud when you floor it, especially if you are in between buildings or going in a tunnel! My wife's R56 with Quicksilver exhaust is much louder going down the highway in the cabin, but if we have a sound off in the driveway, AWE is much louder!

I helped another Miniac here in NC put on the AWE Touring exhaust on and he likes it. Doing revs in the parking lot, it's about half as loud as my Track exhaust, but much louder than his stock exhaust on his cooper S. His wife mainly drives it so they went for the touring. She said her Cooper S would be sporty sounding, but the real noise makers in their garage would stay as the Mustang and 55 Chevy!

Old 05-02-2016, 10:59 AM
johntotah94
6th Gear
Manual transmission

Old 05-02-2016, 11:21 AM
Josh/AWE
Former Vendor
Manual transmission
Got it. We suggest Touring for MT MCSs because the ATs shift before reaching the range where they're prone to emitting troublesome frequencies. But past that -- it's ultimately up to you on how agro you want to be

Anyone with an MT MCS equipped with a Track Edition mind sharing their impressions on this particular matter?!

Old 05-02-2016, 10:16 PM
johntotah94
6th Gear
Would you happen to know if any downpipe is compatible with the AWE System?

Old 05-02-2016, 10:20 PM
MarcoPolo
5th Gear
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Would you happen to know if any downpipe is compatible with the AWE System?
It's an oem swap exhaust so a us spec downpipe would fit right... Vip and Mario palza sell us spec dp's

Old 06-29-2016, 03:30 PM
jeffster06
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just finished installing the track version on my 14 MCS manual. I've only done a short test drive but I don't think I'll regret not getting the touring version.

Installation was super simple took me an hour total including jacking time. I think I spent more time messing with the OEM v band it didn't seem to want to catch right.

I'll give another review after some more drive time... but so far it has put a huge smile on my face.

Old 06-29-2016, 04:50 PM
toyopet
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jeffster06
Just finished installing the track version on my 14 MCS manual.
Post a vid when you have a chance. I haven't heard a manual with the track version. Marco's touring sounds really good, and the pops are definitely there.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:15 PM
jeffster06
2nd Gear
The pops on the track are definitely there as well. I will see if I can throw a video together this week.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:07 AM
Helix13mini
Former Vendor
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Noise level is subjective. One man's drone is another man's Mozart. To reiterate my opinion FWIW, I LOVE the AWE touring edition. You hear it. It's sporty. Not raspy. No drone, auto or manual. And from an installer's standpoint--get ready for this--it's an aftermarket exhaust that fits perfectly, every time. How bout them apples, other exhaust manufacturers!

Old 06-30-2016, 07:36 AM
goin2drt
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here is the touring exhaust at AX on a JCW. Mic is mounted right on the rear bumper. No other mods.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...HdTYWE1SG1HX0k

Old 06-30-2016, 12:21 PM
toyopet
4th Gear
Very nice runs! Exhausts sounds mean.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:16 PM
mattkosem
5th Gear
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Looks like a blast too!

Old 07-10-2016, 02:20 PM
jeffster06
2nd Gear
Sorry for the delay, finally was able to make a video. I took the MINI to Florida last weekend and gotta say I was impressed with the lack of cabin noise cruising in green mode on the way down. overall im very happy with the exhaust. I am currently running a WMW intake and JB4 on stage 2.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-7uCqQby0mM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by jeffster06; 07-10-2016 at 02:21 PM. Reason: video didn't post
Old 07-11-2016, 09:33 AM
toyopet
4th Gear
Thank you for posting the vid. Plenty of pops I bet it sounds much better in person.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:47 AM
Josh/AWE
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jeffster06
Sorry for the delay, finally was able to make a video. I took the MINI to Florida last weekend and gotta say I was impressed with the lack of cabin noise cruising in green mode on the way down. overall im very happy with the exhaust. I am currently running a WMW intake and JB4 on stage 2.
Thanks for the video, Jeff! Super appreciated as I know quite a few people have been looking for a video like this. Hopefully this cures any lingering curiosities

Old 09-10-2016, 02:34 PM
#pepper#
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Excitement overcame me, look what arrived today. Like you haven't seen pictures of this up until now ... I've been waiting to purchase the AWE intake at the same time but decided I couldn't wait any longer. First impression while unboxing ... Wow, this is some solid, quality workmanship! Can't wait to get this installed. Please excuse the crappy pictures.

Last edited by #pepper#; 09-10-2016 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:20 PM
#pepper#
1st Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This has totally changed the tone of the MINI.
This is the touring model. I might have the tips sticking out a little far. A burnt ankle will let me know I guess.
The exhaust installed as advertised. It took about an hour with cleanup. It was nice to have an extra pair of hands!
This is a 2014 F56S with B48 in sport mode with auto in sport shift.

Exhaust Notes - YouTube
"> Exhaust Notes - YouTube
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Last edited by #pepper#; 09-26-2016 at 12:28 PM. Reason: trying to get youtube link right
Old 09-26-2016, 12:36 PM
Josh/AWE
Former Vendor
Nice goin', CR! Sounds great! Thanks for the post

Old 10-21-2016, 12:43 PM
Josh/AWE
Former Vendor
Touring and Track Editions are in-stock and ready to ship to get you motoring harder via OutMotoring!

Get yours here.

Old 11-12-2016, 04:20 PM
toyopet
4th Gear
I finally pulled the triggered and got an AWE track exhaust from Outmotoring. I installed it yesterday by myself. Could've used an extra pair of hands especially since I did this in the driveway.

The quality is top notch and all the pieces went together seamlessly. The sound is very unique and loud.

One thing I noticed was the piping diameter is way smaller than the JCW stock exhaust. I measured under 2.5" for the largest outer diameter part of AWE's piping. The clamp is 2.5".

Last edited by toyopet; 11-12-2016 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-13-2016, 09:20 AM
trentiles
4th Gear
Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by toyopet
I finally pulled the triggered and got an AWE track exhaust from Outmotoring. I installed it yesterday by myself. Could've used an extra pair of hands especially since I did this in the driveway.

The quality is top notch and all the pieces went together seamlessly. The sound is very unique and loud.

One thing I noticed was the piping diameter is way smaller than the JCW stock exhaust. I measured under 2.5" for the largest outer diameter part of AWE's piping. The clamp is 2.5".
AWE advertises it as 2.5" piping so that shouldn't come as a surprise.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:56 PM
Josh/AWE
Former Vendor
‘Tis the season to go faster. Get equipped during AWE Tuning’s once-a-year pricing event, right this way.

Old 01-05-2017, 05:56 AM
SpartanVet
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Helix13mini
Noise level is subjective. One man's drone is another man's Mozart. To reiterate my opinion FWIW, I LOVE the AWE touring edition. You hear it. It's sporty. Not raspy. No drone, auto or manual. And from an installer's standpoint--get ready for this--it's an aftermarket exhaust that fits perfectly, every time. How bout them apples, other exhaust manufacturers!

A BIG thank you to Helix13Mini; they installed the Touring editon on my MT F56S for me on 1/3/17 along with the MiniFini sportlink. The ride back home although it was crappy weather was AWEsome listening to my new exhaust!