North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (Cooper S) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s-191/)
-   -   Drivetrain devils own meth (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s/278867-devils-own-meth.html)

minivinnie92 10-27-2014 11:05 AM

devils own meth

Ok so I know everyone loves aquamist but I have a brand new devils own kit laying around and looking for some install info. Such as where do u guys hide the lines from the trunk to the motor under the car? Also where do I tap in for boost? I have a 2011 r56 with the N18 any help is appreciated thank you.

johntotah94 10-27-2014 12:45 PM

My guess is that you need a boost tap like this one from NM.
http://www.waymotorworks.com/nm-boost-sensor-tap.html

Also I ran my lines under the right side of the vehicle (If you are sitting in the drivers seat).
Put it in wire loom and zip tied it. I think i zip tied it to the brake lines. Cant remember.

cerenkov 10-27-2014 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by minivinnie92 (Post 4006235)
Ok so I know everyone loves aquamist but I have a brand new devils own kit laying around and looking for some install info. Such as where do u guys hide the lines from the trunk to the motor under the car? Also where do I tap in for boost? I have a 2011 r56 with the N18 any help is appreciated thank you.

Yes you will need a boost tap like the NM one linked above. Ziptie the lines/wires that come from from the trunk to the fuel lines that run up the passenger side.

minivinnie92 10-27-2014 06:04 PM

ok so you guys drilled a small hole in your trunk?

cerenkov 10-28-2014 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by minivinnie92 (Post 4006434)
ok so you guys drilled a small hole in your trunk?

No there is already a hole on either side with a grommet in it. Hollow out the center of the grommet and run the lines through it. Make sure you keep the grommet in the hole to prevent chaffing of the wires.

minivinnie92 10-28-2014 03:15 PM

o ok hopefully i get to tackle this on the weekend if it isnt so cold im dying to send the ecu out to mario thanks for the help guys will let you know how it goes after it goes lol

cerenkov 10-28-2014 04:07 PM

Be careful drilling and tapping the hole for the jet. Because it is thin plastic the bit can catch and corkscrew and you'll end up drilling through the opposite side.

Let's us know if you have any questions.

minivinnie92 10-28-2014 04:46 PM

ah yes i had figured that i am a mechanic so i do have abasic understanding and all the tools i need lol

nine5raptor 10-28-2014 05:11 PM

I ran mine under the car as stated but I actually pull off of the throttle pedal for a 5V signal. I start spraying about 60% and go full spray at 80% throttle. If I hit 80%, I am going full throttle. The time delay in the water/meoh system seems to match pretty closely with the turbo lag and I get no stutter and spray when I want it.

I also found the yellow wire to cause issues (low tank signal), so I run it separately (or not at all). I am not tuned for meoh (Alta ap), so if I run out, I run out but it has never been an issue. I top off the meoh when I gas up.

Sent from my Nexus using NAMotoring

minivinnie92 10-29-2014 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by nine5raptor (Post 4006884)
I ran mine under the car as stated but I actually pull off of the throttle pedal for a 5V signal. I start spraying about 60% and go full spray at 80% throttle. If I hit 80%, I am going full throttle. The time delay in the water/meoh system seems to match pretty closely with the turbo lag and I get no stutter and spray when I want it.

I also found the yellow wire to cause issues (low tank signal), so I run it separately (or not at all). I am not tuned for meoh (Alta ap), so if I run out, I run out but it has never been an issue. I top off the meoh when I gas up.

you are running devils own kit? stage 1 or 2 and what size nozzle are you using i have D07. do you have any pictures of your install?

nine5raptor 10-29-2014 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by minivinnie92 (Post 4007310)

you are running devils own kit? stage 1 or 2 and what size nozzle are you using i have D07. do you have any pictures of your install?

2.5 bar stage 2 kit and a 3 quart tank. It will use any 0-5 V signal as the input.

The kits come with a 3 and 7 gal nozzles. I am using the 3 as that is the closest to their calculator (2.8 or so) and is very close to the aquamist guys 350 cc or so (in that neighborhood).

No pics, but I might be able to grab some this weekend. My install is not fully finished(hidden) but it has been functional since July

MarioKart 10-29-2014 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by minivinnie92 (Post 4006815)
o ok hopefully i get to tackle this on the weekend if it isnt so cold im dying to send the ecu out to mario thanks for the help guys will let you know how it goes after it goes lol

I'm ready for you, I have a shipment of a dozen Manic SPS switches, I will save one for you. It would be a good time to send me your ECU, while you install your meth kit and order the boost tap.
Mario
Manic West Coast Dealer

minivinnie92 10-30-2014 11:11 AM

lol very soon Mario i'm dying for it just need to get some finances together. nine5raptor i would appreciate some pictures of the tank and pump setup that's mostly what im trying to figure out where i'm going to mount and how i am going to mount inconspicuously