Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Offical MarioKart Review Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2024, 09:18 AM
AL&aJCW
Alliance Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mario saved me $30,000 !!!!!!

I have a 2015 Countryman JCW 6M. Before I traded him in on a newer faster Mini, I spent $800 on a tune from Mario.
simple STAGE 1 (with new plugs)
IT IS EVERYTHING I EXPECTED AND WAY MORE !!!
+40ish hp
+40ish tq
FEELS LIGHTER, MORE RESONSIVE, QUICKER, FASTER!!!
and it PULLS!!! ALL THE WAY TO REDLINE!!!!
I’ll drive it till the wheels fall off now.

Mario is a true enthusiast with a gift. You can check out his media channels and see that.
HONEST AND TRULY A GOOD, CARING PERSON

Last edited by AL&aJCW; 01-11-2024 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-01-2024, 07:41 AM
bradleyr56chan
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another overly satisfied customer here! I consider myself a picky enthusiast when it comes to upgrades and maintenance. I have lost count on how many custom tunes my fleet has had over the years. But this is my first Mini. 2011 MCS 6M. I went with Mario's RPM stage 2 and couldn't be happier. The car is actually faster than I thought it would be. I was hesitant to do this for the simple fact that I have never driven or driven in another flashed Mini. All the R56's I sat in were stock. There were 2 main reasons I went with custom tuning. First, I did not want CEL issues with my downpipe of choice. And secondly, I feel these cars run way too high ECT and custom tuning was the only way I found to lower temps. I had replaced the entire cooling system and wanted to ensure high heat would not be a failure point in the future. I had the JB+ and pedal tuner. I did this because initially I could not bring myself to deal with the down time and cost of ECU tuning. The pedal tuner made more of a difference to me than the JB+. If I'm honest, I'm not sure I noticed a single thing with just the JB+. It was less than 30 mins of drive time that I had instant regret of the purchase. I went with BMS because of the success I had using JB4 on my 2012 550i, but not an option for Minis.

his car is intended to last our family of 7 until the wheels fall off. I drive it, so does my wife and 16 year old daughter. My son gets his permit next week and will also drive this car. So reliability and drivability are really high on the list. I know i know.... reliability and Mini Cooper don't belong in the same sentence in many cases. But I do my own wrenching, and more often than not, one or more of my kids are in the garage with me. If I had nothing to work on, there would be far less bonding and teaching opportunities with my kids! Knowing i was going to do these upgrades, it left a few choices for who was going to earn my business. Without naming other vendors, I did reach out to 3 of them Mario included, and the customer service was not there. Remember I stated I was a picky customer. The other 2 options could not be bothered with my general inquires and how the process would affect me and my car. Not only is Mario's response time light years ahead of the other 2, but his response info was so perfectly written. Its like I was asking the wrong questions, but he knew how to answer me any how. And what could not be resolved via text, he initiated phone calls for further clarification. Its rare that I am eager to spend this kind of cash on what seems to be a meaningless reward to most drivers on the road today. And in my years of tuning I often experienced "buyers remorse" on various purchases. This is not the case with Mario. My only regret is not doing sooner and doing this from the jump instead of trying to convince myself I could use other plug in options. They never worked in the past, but I guess I still had to be certain, ha.

Thanks Mario!