Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain *the sprintex owners thread*

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 12:32 PM
BlwnAway
6th Gear
Received 255 Likes on 191 Posts
Originally Posted by Bytetronik
The GPR Tensioner is designed to be used with the M45 OEM Damper. If you run the GPR Tensioner without this damper, then it can certainly cause premature wear and tear. What damper is in the GPR Tensioner now?
@futureal33
^^ This ^^ is a very good question and something I neglected to ask you during our PM exchange.
Also the reason I suggested you contact the ByteTronik team along with our exchange.

Old 10-30-2020, 10:24 AM
futureal33
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's running the M45 Damper, it's a fairly new one too! I've checked and double checked the install instructions and everything looks perfect, can't see any issues at all

Old 09-15-2021, 10:47 PM
MiniManAdam
6th Gear
Received 608 Likes on 480 Posts
Good info : though I seem to see higher boost #s with my kit and running the standard 70mm pulley. Even with my built motor I'm seeing 16 and even cooler days 17psi, big valve head , ns1 cam , no cat headers , exhaust,sneedspeed ported manifold,bigger intercooler ectectect,all mods people claim cause boost drop though I never seen any.. thing pulls like an absolute freight train. So I finally found where and ordered a 62mm pulley and am hoping for 19psi as I hear 20 is the limit of stock map sensors.
I will report back soon as my pulley arrives as I will be installing and retuning that day. Lol

Old 09-26-2022, 09:13 AM
MiniManAdam
6th Gear
I thought I'd give some more input because I'm tired of hearing sprintex sc's get bashed because of ALOT OF OLD FALSE INFO !!!
These are a REAL roots style blower , it WILL run a higher iat because of more forced compression of the air..
When the gen1 units were being tested and the 2x people who were bashing them , they were running them with stock exhaust, stock intake , stock ic ect... OF COURSE it would have run much hotter iat's. Its cramming how much extra air through an opening that was made for far less. The gen1 units were also basically just test units and the gen2 improved on what problems the gen1 had like seals and blow by.
I'm running my gen2 sprintex now with the smallest pulley ( 60mm ) AND a 2% crank on my car. I have a tpr2 head , full exhaust, intake and grs motorsport ic SO I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IAT issues what so ever. 90'F day I can do a wot pull making 20psi from 0-130mph and my iat will spike to 160'F MAX and then recover back down to 100'F for normal driving within 2min.
I ALSO ran this sprintex on my car when I had a stock intercooler and stock head and cam AND EVEN THEN on 0-130mph pulls I could see iat pretty high upto 210'F. It did run abit warmer iat just cruising , it would sit between 130-140'F so yea, a little high but what do you expect with so much extra flow and no other supporting mods..
just like you can't just throw a giant turbo on a r56 without supporting mods your not gonna be able to just swap to a sprintex sc with 0 supporting mods.
I do run a vented full plug with my Sprintex because of it being underdriven to its MAX. I DO have to add oil to it every 3,000miles though( doesn't go that low but does go down some) ,THAT is my only gripe with the kit really. It does use alittle oil being underdriven as much as it is and it did use alot more but the vented fill plug and changing to a heavier weight full synthetic oil fir it helped ALOT. I unfortunately can't say how the sc operates with its factory sized pulley.
I HAVE YET to try the gpr tensioner but I really wanna get that next to make belt removal easier , my kit I didn't get the belt removal tool so I just use a long flathead screwdriver and wedge up the tensioner. I also found you HAVE to run a 6pk1400 belt if using a 60mm pulley and 2% crank.. I don't know if sprintex added that info yet or not but at the time I went with that combo there wasn't any info on said boist levels or belt to use ect..
I haven't dynoD my car yet but I can say it's powerful..I will post a video below showing it and drive along so you can hear HOW SEXY the sprintex sounds..
I'm tired of people trying to tell me how much better tvs9000 is blablabla. Tvs was a factory replacement design btw. Sprintex was made for performance.. so imo they have their pros and they have their cons. But you can get almost 2x complete sprintex kits for the outrageous price of a tvs9000. Imo , get sprintex if you want power ( don't get me wrong tvs9000 can and does make great power ) and get tvs9000 if your wanting more of a stock replacement.
I don't wanna hear how much you've heard that tvs9000 is better.
I wanna see a FAIR , EQUAL comparison of the 2x superchargers. Same car with same stuff , only difference is the supercharger. If you don't have that info I don't wanna argue as it's just opinions. I have mine and you have your but In this post I'm giving HARD FACTS from PERSONAL useage the product. Hense why I have no real say on the tvs9000 is because I've never had one on my car , only on other people's cars.
btw , I'm 2x years into using my sprintex and have put on atleast 15-20k miles on it from long drives to 1/4 track racing.. so far so good !

Old 09-26-2022, 12:35 PM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
Received 264 Likes on 210 Posts
any data logs? 160f is really hot for just a single pull and at that temp the ecu is reducing ignition advance

Old 09-26-2022, 12:42 PM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
Received 264 Likes on 210 Posts
This is what a few laps on VIR South looks like with a 17 % you can tell when it ran out of methanol, lap 34 was the end of that session, lap45 was the end of that session and the tank went dry.

I cannot hit temps like this on the street, it takes sustained road course WO events to reach these temps

Old 09-26-2022, 02:32 PM
MiniManAdam
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MrBlah
any data logs? 160f is really hot for just a single pull and at that temp the ecu is reducing ignition advance
Is seeing 160'F for 1second that bad ? .. that was on a 90'F day , hot roads ect. No meth no ic sprayers.. it hit 160 when my speeds were in excess of 120+mph... days like today in the 60s I don't even see over 70'f crusing iat and hard pulls no meth no ic sprayers it doesn't get over 110 unless I really really push it and even then , it recovers VERY fast. When I say I see that high of iat , it never stays near there.. if I pushed it to the point of seeing 160' ,as soon as I let off and am back down to say cruising 55-60 on a 90' day my iats within 30seconds MAX are back down to within 10 -15 of ambient temps. To keep the temp at 160' I'd have to continually be wot , in excess of 100+ mph so it's not as bad as it sounds when I say I saw 160' because it was for so short.
I must say though the stock ic CANNOT keep up with the sprintex extra flow.. running the stock ic it will be 30-40 over ambient temps even just cruising. Though even as hot as the iats were I did see the most boost with it at 22lb but the iats actually heated up my exhaust so much I could feel the heat coming off of my coolerworx shifter housing from the exhaust heating it up so much more. BUT it didn't experience any pinging or lean condition or loss of power , though when it got heat soaked it did loose sooooome power and throttle response but not much at all and that was only after a long wot pull if I wouldn't give it time to recover and was on and off the throttle from 0-full ect like it would be on a road course. But street pulls , it's wasn't unacceptable I don't think.
​​​​​I'like if you watch the video. Those pulls I was doing in it I never saw above 120 and it was pretty warm that day.
btw I'm getting my iat readings from my x60 gauge off of the obd port so I don't know where it reads from
heres my current mod list

Tpr2 big valve head. Ns1 street cam. Gen2 Sprintex supercharger with 60mm pulley and vented fill plug ( 20psi ). Snow stage 2.5 methanol kit WITH extras. 2% light weight crank. Fully ported sneedspeed Manifold. Obx 421 catless headers and nvida resonated exhaust ( passes emissions). 550cc bosche fuel injectors. nology hotwires and ngk 1x step colder plugs. ported stock throttlebody and custom 3in intake with 6in velocity stack cone filter. grs motorsport intercooler . Aluminum coolant and clutch fluid reservoirs. M7 aerogel heatshield and custom intake heatshielding. Mishimoto aluminum radiator and 180' thermostat. Detroit tuned bypass valve. Ported and shaved intercooler horn also tapped for the methanol. Upgraded silicone coolant hoses and upgraded vacuum lines. Upgraded intercooler boots. Remote activated intercooler sprayer system ( button on steering wheel). Custom tuned by adriancl ( 93oct , 7500rpm redline most My mods dialed in ect ).Oil catch can

Last edited by MiniManAdam; 09-26-2022 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-26-2022, 02:51 PM
MiniManAdam
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MrBlah
This is what a few laps on VIR South looks like with a 17 % you can tell when it ran out of methanol, lap 34 was the end of that session, lap45 was the end of that session and the tank went dry.

I cannot hit temps like this on the street, it takes sustained road course WO events to reach these temps

my iats look very similar to yours when running without meth when I'm pushing my car as hard as I can like on a road course. May I ask what you used to record data ? I believe I have byetronik viewer on my laptop and inpa but I think that's it.
also what's your max boost ? And are you stock head or ?

Last edited by MiniManAdam; 09-26-2022 at 06:42 PM.