Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain ABF Tech Division R56 turbo back exhaust system

Old 03-22-2011, 07:14 AM
checkmate2006
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's up with capitalizing every word?

Old 03-22-2011, 07:17 AM
AWD_Rally

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
I was wondering the same thing.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:07 AM
drewstermalloy
6th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by AWD_Rally
I was wondering the same thing.
+1

Old 03-22-2011, 10:08 AM
clnconcpts
4th Gear
Old 03-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Mike@Tech Division
Former Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am not sure what the purpose of posting a $1500.00 cat back made from stainless steel construction using the same parts found on $800.00 exhaust is meant to show.

Last edited by Mike@Tech Division; 03-22-2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-22-2011, 11:50 AM
AWD_Rally

And it's ugly.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:53 AM
Underoath
1st Gear
Waste of money unless you want shiny stainless steel. For 1500$ you could get a tune, 3" straight pipe catback, intake, boost tubes, bpv spring, and motor mount.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:54 PM
BlckJCWGhst
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by checkmate2006
What's up with capitalizing every word?
Lol You Aren't The First Person To Ask About This, Last Time Someone Threw A B!tch Fit Lol.... Its Something That I Have Always Done Ever Since I Threw My Fingers On A Keyboard I Have Capitalized Every Word You Know

I Like It

Old 03-22-2011, 02:25 PM
Bigprfed22
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i like it but i wish it came with slash tips, I might change out my invidia tips to slash cut ones.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:36 PM
clnconcpts
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mike@Tech Division
I am not sure what the purpose of posting a $1500.00 cat back made from stainless steel construction using the same parts found on $800.00 exhaust is meant to show.
What's the difference between yours and theirs, besides the down pipe?

We know they are very reputable and their exhausts looks like a piece of art and worth the money.

What makes yours different then the others in the $800 range,cause I don't see any.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:11 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn't buy the GT Haus one for 1500 either.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:38 PM
AWD_Rally

I wouldn't buy either one.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:51 PM
BlckJCWGhst
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Custom FTW !!! $$ 500 Dollars

Old 03-22-2011, 11:17 PM
Mike@Tech Division
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by clnconcpts
What's the difference between yours and theirs, besides the down pipe?

We know they are very reputable and their exhausts looks like a piece of art and worth the money.

What makes yours different then the others in the $800 range,cause I don't see any.
This does not answer the question though. In a thread that has numerous complaints about our exhaust systems price, you post a cat back that is built far cheaper then ours, offers less, yet cost the same. If you like it great, start a new thread for it. If it's to prove some sort of point pertaining to any ones complaints about ours, then it makes absolutely no sense.

It may be reputable and does look great, but the true work of art is that they can sell a relatively inexpensive part for a lot of money and people will be happy to buy it.

It's is the same thing with other companies like akrapovic . Their stainless cat back is cheaper then that one, but still cost $1100. It's construction cost and parts are not much different then those sold for even less. Throw the down pipe in and spend another 600.00. It's got a cat in it so that's cool, but is it legal? No, all it does is prevent a check engine light. Of course if you have an AP you can do this and tune your car for more power, which you will need since this exhaust only gives you 2 more horse power.

So what does the $1700 really provide beyond ours? Even at the full MSRP of $1500, ours is a full turbo back that cost $200 less, looks great, sounds great, makes more power,uses parts just as good, and in some cases better.

At least with our exhaust the monetary value is in more then just the name.
We didn't build a reputation for making great parts for high end cars then create a dumbed down version for the Mini expecting reputation alone to carry it. That is the difference between exhaust like these and the reason for a higher price then those sold for $800.

Last edited by Mike@Tech Division; 03-22-2011 at 11:21 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-22-2011, 11:38 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Thanks guys for completely destroying my argument of $1500 being too much.

seriously.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:21 AM
clnconcpts
4th Gear
This does not answer the question though. In a thread that has numerous complaints about our exhaust systems price, you post a cat back that is built far cheaper then ours, offers less, yet cost the same. If you like it great, start a new thread for it. If it's to prove some sort of point pertaining to any ones complaints about ours, then it makes absolutely no sense.

It may be reputable and does look great, but the true work of art is that they can sell a relatively inexpensive part for a lot of money and people will be happy to buy it.

It's is the same thing with other companies like akrapovic . Their stainless cat back is cheaper then that one, but still cost $1100. It's construction cost and parts are not much different then those sold for even less. Throw the down pipe in and spend another 600.00. It's got a cat in it so that's cool, but is it legal? No, all it does is prevent a check engine light. Of course if you have an AP you can do this and tune your car for more power, which you will need since this exhaust only gives you 2 more horse power.

So what does the $1700 really provide beyond ours? Even at the full MSRP of $1500, ours is a full turbo back that cost $200 less, looks great, sounds great, makes more power,uses parts just as good, and in some cases better.

At least with our exhaust the monetary value is in more then just the name.
We didn't build a reputation for making great parts for high end cars then create a dumbed down version for the Mini expecting reputation alone to carry it. That is the difference between exhaust like these and the reason for a higher price then those sold for $800.

How is it you and only you claim your exhaust is worth $1500,while the others in the higher price range are far cheaper?

You all use the same material,no?

There is no proof that your exhaust provides more power then the others,False statement.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:02 AM
unplugged
1st Gear
as a lot of us have been requesting, post some dyno graphs. Show us the diff and it'll shut a lot up.

some sig diff needs to be shown to justify the price tag. shiny bits under the car dont count for much...

Old 03-23-2011, 09:00 AM
Mike@Tech Division
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by clnconcpts
How is it you and only you claim your exhaust is worth $1500,while the others in the higher price range are far cheaper?

You all use the same material,no?

There is no proof that your exhaust provides more power then the others,False statement.
Look to previous post with in this thread. READ how our exhaust is built and what it comes with. Then look at the one you posted and do the same. From the picture you posted alone I could see it cost less to build then ours and is just a cat back NOT a turbo back like ours and does not use all the same materials. It was after clicking on the link I could see it cost $1500. Even if a cheap crush bent aluminized steel down pipe were added to it. The cost would go up bare minimum $150. The vband clamps alone on our exhaust would cost you more then that.

Setting aside what I know this exhaust is capable of. General knowledge of the R56 or just turbos in general will tell you that a catless turbo back will make more power then a cat back following a cat in a restrictive down pipe. Proof of power in this case is not needed when you have the basic understanding of how things work. True statement

Old 03-23-2011, 09:02 AM
Mike@Tech Division
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by unplugged
as a lot of us have been requesting, post some dyno graphs. Show us the diff and it'll shut a lot up.

some sig diff needs to be shown to justify the price tag. shiny bits under the car dont count for much...
Reference the O/P, it's coming very soon.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:36 AM
clnconcpts
4th Gear
Look to previous post with in this thread. READ how our exhaust is built and what it comes with. Then look at the one you posted and do the same. From the picture you posted alone I could see it cost less to build then ours and is just a cat back NOT a turbo back like ours and does not use all the same materials. It was after clicking on the link I could see it cost $1500. Even if a cheap crush bent aluminized steel down pipe were added to it. The cost would go up bare minimum $150. The vband clamps alone on our exhaust would cost you more then that.

Setting aside what I know this exhaust is capable of. General knowledge of the R56 or just turbos in general will tell you that a catless turbo back will make more power then a cat back following a cat in a restrictive down pipe. Proof of power in this case is not needed when you have the basic understanding of how things work. True statement
Proof of power is needed.You seem to forget that the general board doesn't have this so called knowledge you claim.So, that means you must educate us.
Of course I know a cat back wont provide much of any power added as in a full exhaust.
A company is never to bash another company's product,his job is to explain and provide info why theirs is better then the rest.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:14 AM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
I can't believe you've got me "defending" this guy's exhaust. Give him time to post the graphs. Then we can have meaningful conversation.

I haven't seen anyone post graphs of the $1500 cat back (I really hope noone actually bought that thing). Nor I have I seen graphs for any of the uber $$$ exhausts that were brought up yet people seem to like them.

I expect a catless turbo back is going to make some decent power. I just don't know about $1500 worth...

At this point we are just

Old 03-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Bigprfed22
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I dont believe anyone has given this exhaust a chance, i have paid 3k for one of my motorcycle race exhausts. One person has already bought this exhaust and has been satisfied. I dont believe its right to down a company's product on their preview/advertisement, Now if you own the exhaust and it does not give you what you want it is acceptable. No one had slammed the Akra exhaust which will yield the same results as most other exhausts.

Give abf a break.

They are one of few companies to pitch to our limited market and deserve respect and feedback, not slander.
If this is what you get when you pitch to the mini crowd... few if any will take that chance.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:41 AM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Bigprfed22
Give abf a break.

They are one of few companies to pitch to our limited market and deserve respect and feedback, not slander.
If this is what you get when you pitch to the mini crowd... few if any will take that chance.

X2

Old 03-23-2011, 12:15 PM
MP1.6T
4th Gear
+1 +2 +3 +4...

Agreed w/ last several posts. Jury is out, but I too think it's time to let the vendor catch up w/ some further info and data. Not well managed and introduced perhaps with 20/20 hindsight, but some of the posts likewise seemed to be getting elevated in the provocative rhetoric.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:06 AM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by JWest
ABF Tech put up a new dyno chart in the https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...gen-dynos.html thread!! Hopfully they post it here soon so everyone questions can be answered! :D
Again though, it has nothing to do with their turboback, and it's gains.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Drivetrain ABF Tech Division R56 turbo back exhaust system