Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Mynes closing up shop in AZ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 09:58 AM
M3NTAL
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, as far as what they are doing in CA - you are off the mark. They will be doing some things the same, but will also be doing something completely different.

As far as their name goes - Mike and Jay are still their own entity - name change...? maybe, but I think it will still involve the word "Mynes" in it, but that is just an assumption on my part.

I think if they wanted all of us to know what is going on, they would tell us. Part of the reason it is quiet, is because they are not allowed to talk about certain aspects of their new program they are involved in. I honestly don't know much about it either since I only know what I catch bits of when I go and get work done there.

If you SINCERELY want to know more information, feel free to call them, but at the moment - it just sounds like you are trying to grasp at whatever you can to stir up the mucky stuff at the bottom of a port-o-potty.

You seem to have A LOT of interest in a company that you have absolutely no interest in. That is WILD!

Old 07-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Longboard Mini
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Longboard Mini
I'm asking why JIMINI drove to SoCal, had a Cosworth BV head, cam and other goodies installed by Hubie and then didn't have him tune the car or run it on the dyno to see what the new goodies did?

Oh and yes, I'm very interested as to why/if Mynes is changing their name. You have MegaMini, ABF and Mynes. With all of them merged what will they call themselves now?

LB

Old 07-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Mike@Mynes
Banned
LB, i don't understand why you're so interested in what we do or where we are. People in the know are aware of our move since May 2009, and we just had a welcome to Socal BBQ in San Pedro this past Sunday... give me your address and i'll make sure to send you an invite to our next event. And bring your MINI to Dynamic and i'll strap it on for FREE just as a 'greet and meet' present from Mynes to you :D

We will indeed have a big announcement coming soon... but we can't make that announcement here b/c it has to come from the source: Mini-USA :D Keep a lookout for the MINI Press releases

BTW, "Duckie" has a brother now (no name given yet)... it's a 09 JCW and he's QUICK :D

Old 07-24-2009, 11:17 AM
mdbsat
5th Gear
Good luck with the new venture and move Mynes!

LB, you are something else. Why do you care so much about this? Its not like you have a stake in any mini company that would be threatened by Mynes?

Old 07-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Mike@Mynes
Banned
Originally Posted by mdbsat
Good luck with the new venture and move Mynes!
thanks MDB, we are simply relocating for our current venture, but NOT "GOING AWAY" by any means

cheers.
Mike @ Mynes

Old 07-24-2009, 11:30 AM
mdbsat
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Mike@Mynes
thanks MDB, we are simply relocating for our current venture, but NOT "GOING AWAY" by any means

cheers.
Mike @ Mynes
Understood. "Going away" is exactly what LB and the crew would love.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:33 AM
cct1
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Whoa, MINIUSA? I'll definitely be following this, have an idea where this may be heading, not sure how you were able to get to this point in such a short period of time, but more power to you!

Old 07-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Longboard Mini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by M3NTAL
Well, as far as what they are doing in CA - you are off the mark. They will be doing some things the same, but will also be doing something completely different.

As far as their name goes - Mike and Jay are still their own entity - name change...? maybe, but I think it will still involve the word "Mynes" in it, but that is just an assumption on my part.

I think if they wanted all of us to know what is going on, they would tell us. Part of the reason it is quiet, is because they are not allowed to talk about certain aspects of their new program they are involved in. I honestly don't know much about it either since I only know what I catch bits of when I go and get work done there.

If you SINCERELY want to know more information, feel free to call them, but at the moment - it just sounds like you are trying to grasp at whatever you can to stir up the mucky stuff at the bottom of a port-o-potty.

You seem to have A LOT of interest in a company that you have absolutely no interest in. That is WILD!
Thank you .

LB

Old 07-24-2009, 11:36 AM
JIMINNI
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So Hubie did do you're inslall?? But you didn't get it tuned. How come??

LB
I'm asking why JIMINI drove to SoCal, had a Cosworth BV head, cam and other goodies installed by Hubie and then didn't have him tune the car or run it on the dyno to see what the new goodies did?

LB
See this is how the internet screws things up Assumptions will make an *** out of you and me ~disclaimer~ I was saying that to be funny LB Steve, at "Custom Mini Shop" installed my head, cam and pretty much everything else I have I help though I then drove, with Fracky, man can he make a drive go by easy , down to Hubies to have him perform his magic tuning skills with Mynes "Bytetronik" software developed by Jason, to pull everything together The car runs awesome, thank you Thats when I got to touch the "iconic" Mini drag car And also see all the other projects these guys are up to Dang smog rules here in "Kalifornia" If I wasn't so honest I'd be driving me a turbo you could stick your fist in ............ P.S. I like emoticons

Last edited by JIMINNI; 07-24-2009 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Spelling on "Bytetronik"
Old 07-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Longboard Mini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mdbsat
Understood. "Going away" is exactly what LB and the crew would love.
Not true at all. I'm interested because the shop is 5 min from my house and believe it or not I think competition helps us all. It's what pushes people to get things done.

So it's something with Mini USA. This will be interesting

LB

Old 07-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Longboard Mini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JIMINNI
See this is how the internet screws things up Assumptions will make an *** out of you and me ~disclaimer~ I was saying that to be funny LB Steve, at "Custom Mini Shop" installed my head, cam and pretty much everything else I have I help though I then drove, with Fracky, man can he make a drive go by easy , down to Hubies to have him perform his magic tuning skills with Mynes "Byetronic" software developed by Jason, to pull everything together The car runs awesome, thank you Thats when I got to touch the "iconic" Mini drag car And also see all the other projects these guys are up to Dang smog rules here in "Kalifornia" If I wasn't so honest I'd be driving me a turbo you could stick your fist in ............ P.S. I like emoticons
You told me you didn't get it tuned via out PM. Now you did get it tuned .

So the million dollar question is.... How did it do?

LB

Old 07-24-2009, 12:08 PM
AZMCS
6th Gear
Glad the news is starting to come out, and will be jazzed to see the big news from MINI USA.....

Mike-My car is sitting in the shop, as you may know...those pics of the throw-out are INSANE! Give me a shout when you can so we can catch up. No rush on getting her done, a long time ago I was taught that "good/fast/cheap" trifecta and my goal is only one: GOOD.

Hope to catch up soon in person, and safe travels to hub and Jay.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:30 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
You told me you didn't get it tuned via out PM. Now you did get it tuned .

So the million dollar question is.... How did it do?

LB
The first PM I only had the install done, hadn't responded to the last PM yet. And I repeat, "The car runs awesome, thank you "

Old 07-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Mike@Mynes
Banned
Originally Posted by AZMCS
Glad the news is starting to come out, and will be jazzed to see the big news from MINI USA.....

Mike-My car is sitting in the shop, as you may know...those pics of the throw-out are INSANE! Give me a shout when you can so we can catch up. No rush on getting her done, a long time ago I was taught that "good/fast/cheap" trifecta and my goal is only one: GOOD.

Hope to catch up soon in person, and safe travels to hub and Jay.
yeah, i saw the "thrown" out bearing we are all scratching our heads on that one... and the car still drove

Yep, i'm sure we'll catch up one of these days... i always tell my customers, 'cheap, fast or reliable' pick the two out of three... now, like normal human beings, we want all THREE and that usually don't work out :( We'll get her squared away here shortly. We have quite a few Mini's and evo's piling up at the shop.

The Dynamic Duo are kicking it in the UK as we speak... you know they'll be busy over there.

cheers.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Mike@Mynes
Banned
Originally Posted by cct1
Whoa, MINIUSA? I'll definitely be following this, have an idea where this may be heading, not sure how you were able to get to this point in such a short period of time, but more power to you!
It's been over four years... we've known Hubie when he was setting up shop here in AZ, and we worked behind the scenes with Hubie/Tim/Jan/Brian throughout the Fireball! days (i'm sure you've read references to that many a time from folks on this board). At one point, Fireballed! wanted Mynes to join their company and we said 'no thanks'... after that, MegaMini and Mynes continued our cooperation on the Mini stuff and that has led us to our current position.

We've been involved with the Mini's from the get-go... just working behind the scenes and not under direct sunlight. We like to get tan once in a while, just don't want to get burned from too much Sunlight exposure don't know if that metaphor makes any sense, but it does in my head :D

cheers.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:56 PM
checkmate2006
Banned
I can't wait till I can come out there... Oh I will be driving out also

Old 07-24-2009, 03:07 PM
astrochex
6th Gear
It's been over four years... we've known Hubie when he was setting up shop here in AZ, and we worked behind the scenes with Hubie/Tim/Jan/Brian throughout the Fireball! days (i'm sure you've read references to that many a time from folks on this board). At one point, Fireballed! wanted Mynes to join their company and we said 'no thanks'... after that, MegaMini and Mynes continued our cooperation on the Mini stuff and that has led us to our current position.

We've been involved with the Mini's from the get-go... just working behind the scenes and not under direct sunlight. We like to get tan once in a while, just don't want to get burned from too much Sunlight exposure don't know if that metaphor makes any sense, but it does in my head :D

cheers.
How cool was it for MINI USA to support a MINI quarter-miler of all things?! So I'm thinking MINI meets Paris-Dakar is the next realm to tackle!

While I look forward to another pushing the envelope effort, I am even more interested in in how the collaboration will make street MINIs better.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Longboard Mini
6th Gear
It's been over four years... we've known Hubie when he was setting up shop here in AZ, and we worked behind the scenes with Hubie/Tim/Jan/Brian throughout the Fireball! days (I'm sure you've read references to that many a time from folks on this board). At one point, Fireballed! wanted Mynes to join their company and we said 'no thanks'... after that, MegaMini and Mynes continued our cooperation on the Mini stuff and that has led us to our current position.

We've been involved with the Minis from the get-go... just working behind the scenes and not under direct sunlight. We like to get tan once in a while, just don't want to get burned from too much Sunlight exposure don't know if that metaphor makes any sense, but it does in my head :D

cheers.
See, this is an interesting thread after all Mike. Lets hope your Legion of Doom fan club can refrain from turning into another locked thread.

So... lets look at the clues. We think it's something with Mini USA which Hubie has been involved with for some time. The R53 S sold well to guys 30-50 because we saw the potential to mod them and make them fun. The R56 on the other hand has kinda killed those sales to that demographic because the performance is lack luster compared to the 53 and it's really getting no real support from the aftermarket community. Mike shows they have an R56 now???? Is that another clue? So maybe you guys are going to do some R56 stuff. It doesn't make good marketing sense for Mini USA to support any R53 programs.

So am I close Mike?

LB

Last edited by Longboard Mini; 07-24-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:12 PM
M3NTAL
4th Gear
See, this is an interesting thread after all Mike. Lets hope your Legion of Dome fan club can refrain from turning into another locked thread.

So... lets look at the clues. We think it's something with Mini USA which Hubie has been involved with for some time. The R53 S sold well to guys 30-50 because we saw the potential to mod them and make them fun. The R56 on the other hand has kinda killed those sales to that demographic because the performance is lack luster compared to the 53 and it's really getting no real support from the aftermarket community. Mike shows they have an R56 now???? Is that another clue? So maybe you guys are going to do some R56 stuff. It doesn't make good marketing sense for Mini USA to support any R53 programs.

So am I close Mike?

LB

Did anyone think they would be doing R53 work seriously?

Why would any of the "Mynes Legion of Dome" (whatever that is..) cause this thread to become locked. Nobody has said anything to warrant any behavior except for the original thread starter who was trying to make it seem like some kind of conspiracy.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:27 PM
JIMINNI
Banned
Mike shows they have an R56 now???? Is that another clue? So maybe you guys are going to do some R56 stuff. It doesn't make good marketing sense for Mini USA to support any R53 programs.

So am I close Mike?

LB
Well since Jason has opened up the R53 ECU completely now, it would make sense to start on the R56?

Old 07-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Mike@Mynes
Banned
Originally Posted by astrochex
How cool was it for MINI USA to support a MINI quarter-miler of all things?! So I'm thinking MINI meets Paris-Dakar is the next realm to tackle!

While I look forward to another pushing the envelope effort, I am even more interested in in how the collaboration will make street MINIs better.
This will not be a 1/4 mile program, it's completely different.

LB: We actually have quite a few R56's to play with :D The JCW is just one of them

cheers.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Longboard Mini
6th Gear
This will not be a 1/4 mile program, it's completely different.

LB: We actually have quite a few R56's to play with :D The JCW is just one of them

cheers.
I assumed it's not a 1/4 mile program. Just like the 53 a drag program makes no sense for Mini USA. It's completely the wrong demographic of Mini customers.

Lets think. Whats hot and what does Dynamic Autosport do?? Drifting . So maybe a rear wheel drive converted drift Mini. Now that would cool.

Or?????

LB

LB

Old 07-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
See, this is an interesting thread after all Mike. Lets hope your Legion of Doom fan club can refrain from turning into another locked thread.
LB
Legion of Doom?? What's that?

Sooo Bryan...you gonna take Mike up on his offer and bring the "Rotrex Monster" to the new shop for a dyno pull?
I'm not the only one on here that would like to see the numbers you put down.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:10 PM
ED955S
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Strap it in the Dyno for free? Oh no, the truth of that hyped rotrex # will come out!

Good luck Mynes. Wow, Mini USA only picks the best

Old 07-24-2009, 10:50 PM
deemotored
4th Gear
Congrats on the new MINI and the move!

Quick Reply: Drivetrain Mynes closing up shop in AZ?