Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain FLY WHEEL. No Warrenty from DINAN OR MINI

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 06:27 PM
jst4fun
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FLY WHEEL. No Warrenty from DINAN OR MINI

Have just found out from Global Imports in Atlanta that I need a new fly wheel and clutch. Said my fly wheel was bad because of my aftermarket pulley. Well my after market pulley is a DINAN. Same size as the JCW. Well come to find out neither MINI or DINAN will honor the warranty on the fly wheel. The clutch they said is a wear part, I don't agree, but I can understand the clutch. I bet MINI would warranty the JCW Pulley!
I know now why I never bought a BMW until now.
THEY SUCK!
Ok now I am off my soap box. I need to ask a question.
What AFTER MARKET Fly Wheel and Clutch do you guys recomend me, since the FACTORY EQUIPMENT is not good enough to do the job?
Thanks for any help with this.

Last edited by jst4fun; 04-24-2008 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Alerious
3rd Gear
Clutchmaster FX300 kit with their billet aluminum flywheel... it's what I run and love it.

http://www.clutchmasters.com/shop/?p...053&AppID=6927

GotMINI

Old 04-24-2008, 06:41 PM
A/V Guru
1st Gear
Just did a Fidanza and spec 2 stage two clutch. Grabs hard and puts up with my digital driving.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Mach V Dan
Former Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A flywheel can be damaged when the clutch goes. If the clutch slips a lot, the flywheel can be warped and/or cracked by the heat. Since the factory clutch is only designed to hold so much power (so goes the argument), the presence of an underdrive pulley might be reasonable grounds to deny warranty coverage on the clutch and flywheel.

I'm not saying that's exactly what happened in this case, but I thought I'd chime in. My point is that the clutch and flywheel are not independent parts. If the flywheel were to just break in half while the clutch was still fine, that's one thing. But if the clutch is toast, the flywheel may have been damaged in the process.

--Dan
Mach V

Old 04-24-2008, 06:51 PM
ninjlao
Ninja Mini
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jst4fun
Have just found out from Global Imports in Atlanta that I need a new fly wheel and clutch. Said my fly wheel was bad because of my aftermarket pulley. Well my after market pulley is a DINAN. Same size as the JCW. Well come to find out neither MINI or DINAN will honor the warrenty on the fly wheel. The clutch they said is a wear part, I don't agree, but I can understand the clutch. I know now why I never bought a BMW until now.
THEY SUCK!
Ok now I am off my soap box. I need to ask a question.
What AFTER MARKET Fly Wheel and Clutch do you guys recomend me, since the FACTORY EQUIPMENT is not good enough to the job?
Thanks for any help with this.
...wat