North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (Cooper S) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s-16/)
-   -   Drivetrain How do I test the newly installed JCW Intake (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s/124917-how-do-i-test-the-newly-installed-jcw-intake.html)

dstrass 01-06-2008 09:09 AM

How do I test the newly installed JCW Intake

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

Just finished installing the JCW Intake and was wondering if the flap realy opens. I have tested it in neutral running the engine at 4500 RPM but it did not open.

Any idea how to verify that my install is correct?

Also, there is a vaccume line coming out of the flap valve (#17 in the diagarm, not the one that hookes up to the BPV via the Y #16) but the instruction did not say where to hook it up.

Thanks a bunch.

roaduscarnivorous 01-06-2008 09:16 AM

you need to get it programmed, tho i think the flap might work even w/o programming...

forced air man 01-06-2008 09:48 AM

JCW Air Box

U will need the DME programmed by Mini in order for the flap to function properly. After all programming is done, flap is activated after 3,500 rpms under load.

minimarks 01-06-2008 09:56 AM

Flap opens at 4500 RPM, does not need programing. You need all lines hooked up, don't know how to explain the line out the front well except that it goes to the vacuum line below the IC on the right side. You will hear the sound change at 4500 RPMs if it is working...

forced air man 01-06-2008 10:14 AM

JCW Air Box

Thanks for the clarification.

dstrass 01-06-2008 05:22 PM

Figured up the mystery

My JCW intake is broken. the loos line suppose to go to the vacume valve but the valve diafram nipple is broken (#10 in the diagram in my first post). The thing is that I got the intake from OUT Motoring a while ago and I couldn't send it back.

Anywhere I can get this part? It shows as part # 13717558384?

Thanks again.

wscruiser 01-06-2008 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by dstrass (Post 1966695)
My JCW intake is broken. the loos line suppose to go to the vacume valve but the valve diafram nipple is broken (#10 in the diagram in my first post). The thing is that I got the intake from OUT Motoring a while ago and I couldn't send it back.

Anywhere I can get this part? It shows as part # 13717558384?

Thanks again.

There have been several members who have "de-flapped" their JCW intake. Maybe one of them may still have the old parts laying around.

It may not hurt to start a new thread, something like "looking for JCW intake parts".

dstrass 01-06-2008 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by wscruiser (Post 1966773)
There have been several members who have "de-flapped" their JCW intake. Maybe one of them may still have the old parts laying around.

It may not hurt to start a new thread, something like "looking for JCW intake parts".

Good idea thanks.

minimarks 01-06-2008 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by wscruiser (Post 1966773)

:thumbsup: I'd still give Outmotoring a call, they have always been very helpful with me....

MCSJCW 03-24-2008 06:51 AM

Hello
The Vacuum Pipe #16 from diagram in my car are disconnected

There is any problem with that?

The Engine light turned on with the error P1229. It may be related to the disconnected Vacuum Pipe or is another problem?

Best Regards and Thanks

Bahamabart 03-24-2008 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by minimarks (Post 1967090)
:thumbsup: I'd still give Outmotoring a call, they have always been very helpful with me....

absolutley