North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Driver's School (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/driver-s-school-135/)
-   -   SCDA HPDE Schedule (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/driver-s-school/179311-scda-hpde-schedule.html)

slinger688 12-04-2009 03:10 AM

SCDA HPDE Schedule

Looks like the HPDE schedules are out early this year.

Anyway, this is the one from SCDA for those in the NorthEast.

[SIZE=5]4/12 MON Lime Rock Park
4/19 MON New Hampshire
4/26 MON Watkins Glen
4/27 TUE Watkins Glen
5/17 MON Monticello – Full track.
6/14 MON Lime Rock Park
6/21 MON New Jersey - Lightning
6/22 TUE New Jersey - Thunderbolt
7/5 MON Lime Rock Park – Unmuffled!
7/12 MON Watkins Glen
7/13 TUE Watkins Glen
7/26 MON Monticello – Full track.
8/23 MON New Hampshire
8/31 TUE Lime Rock Park (9am to 1pm)
9/13 MON New Jersey - Thunderbolt
9/14 TUE New Jersey – Lightning
9/27 MON New Hampshire
9/29 WED Lime Rock Park
10/4 MON Monticello – Full track.
10/14 THU Lime Rock Park
10/30 SAT Lime Rock Park (1pm to 5pm)
[/SIZE]
I also checked COMSCC and some bmwcca chapters (CVR, GVC, Patroon) and they also have their schedules for next year. I am trying to decide which HPDEs to go to.

Lets see if we can get a few more Minis out for some fun.

veggivet 12-20-2009 05:57 PM

Good to see track dates for 2010 in black and white already! Wouldn't it be great if we could get a bunch of MINI's together for one or more of those dates? I'll likely do most of the Lime Rock dates, and will get to the Glen at least once. Monticello is also on my list as the newest track in our area.

Here are some links for aspiring track addicts:

www.scda1.com
www.pdadrivingschool.com
www.trackmasters.com
www.trackdaze.com

slinger688 12-21-2009 07:55 AM

Veggiget,

I am trying to get a bunch of Minis together for May 17 at Monticello, NY. This is with the mpg group in Albany, NY but all are welcome. I hope we can get 10 Minis so we can all get a little discount.

Can you make it?

Perhaps we can get s-driver, Suss, Halifax, Scooter and MA as well.

Paleo 12-21-2009 08:15 AM

Slinger - I just saw a show on Speed Channel yesterday that was held at Monticello and was daydreaming about running the MINI on that awsome looking track! Keep us posted with more details as you get them, I might make the trip up there in May.

slinger688 12-21-2009 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Paleo (Post 2940039)
Slinger - I just saw a show on Speed Channel yesterday that was held at Monticello and was daydreaming about running the MINI on that awsome looking track! Keep us posted with more details as you get them, I might make the trip up there in May.

Monticello is a fantastic course. SCDA utilizes the full 3.5 mile course which has a monster straight. Veggivet and I have only run it a couple of times but we still like it a lot.

We would really like to have you come up for the event. It would be fun to run with a bunch of Minis together.

A number of us (Minis) may be going down to VIR in June for an event there as well.

veggivet 12-21-2009 09:45 AM

Count me in for this one. I love this track because it has so many different types of challenges to it, and it is smooth as glass. It would be great if you could join us, Paleo.

gkp 12-21-2009 04:33 PM

Happy Holidays, guys. This is the first time I've logged on in over a month! Very busy. Thanks for posting the schedules. I still haven't forgotten about getting you the video from Lime Rock. Coming soon(er or later). Promise.

veggivet 12-21-2009 04:45 PM

No problem, GKP. You'll have more time after the holidays, I'm sure. Hope to see you at some of the events. Don't forget, the above schedule is only for SCDA. There are other clubs that run the same tracks in the Northeast. Just check out the links in post #2.

S-Driver 12-21-2009 06:45 PM

I want to go but with the hoped for VIR trip in early June and G52 right after that, I may have to defer a Monticello date to later in the year...

May 17th is with which group?? SCDA or MPG??

veggivet 12-21-2009 07:00 PM

The May 17th date is being run by SCDA. MPG is just an informal group of MINIacs based in the Albany area that has a few autocrossers and a couple of trackheads in it. Most members have never tracked their MINI and probably never will, but we're trying to infect them with the track virus this year as best we can. Monticello would be the perfect warm-up for VIR, S-Driver, and you'd still have over two weeks to recoup. I'm sure you and your MINI will love this track. I'll probably do at least one more Monticello date later in the year too, maybe with PDA.

S-Driver 12-21-2009 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by veggivet (Post 2940466)
Monticello would be the perfect warm-up for VIR, S-Driver, and you'd still have over two weeks to recoup. I'm sure you and your MINI will love this track. I'll probably do at least one more Monticello date later in the year too, maybe with PDA.

Haha....you are trying aren't you Mike!

I have done the South course tho..

veggivet 12-22-2009 04:18 AM

I didn't know you'd already done Monticello, or half of it anyway. Does the South course have the hairpin, or is that part of the North section?

slinger688 12-22-2009 10:06 AM

S-Driver,

Veggivet is quite persuasive. I found myself doing 3 more days at LRP this year than planned :razz:. Not that I complained.

slinger688 12-22-2009 10:07 AM

GKP, are you thinking about coming to Monticello with us?

Thanks in advance for the video. We can have that overlaid with s-drivers gps track times.:eek2:

And Merry Christmas to you.

S-Driver 12-22-2009 05:23 PM

http://www.emraracing.org/photo_gall...sp?video_tag=4
http://www.emraracing.org/photo_gall...lery_frame.htm (use the drop down selector)

Some pics and a video from EMRA's event there last June..I made some appearences...

Hairpin is in the North course -- right before the "members" pit in, correct?

veggivet 12-22-2009 05:43 PM

Nice vid, but I think I would've chosen different background music. I don't want to hear "Dead or Alive" associated with track events. You are right; hairpin is on the North course, before pit-in. The long straights and the little corkscrew are on this section as well. The track really flows well when you do the entire circuit, but I can see how just the South course can be very challenging in and of itself.

slinger688 01-02-2010 09:06 AM

Anyone going to the mpg meeting at Albany Pump station Tuesday at 7:15 PM this coming Tuesday January 5? We would like to discuss the May 17 Monticello date and see if we can try to get 10 Minis for this event.

VV, I have to return some things to you.

veggivet 01-04-2010 04:35 AM

Doesn't look like I can make this meeting, but put me down for the May 17th date @ Monticello with 75% certainty.

gkp 01-04-2010 05:52 AM

[quote=slinger688;2940873]GKP, are you thinking about coming to Monticello with us?

I'll have to take a look at the schedule, but it sounds like a good possibility.

slinger688 01-04-2010 06:30 AM

VV, see you the next time around at the MPG meeting. I think I am heading down to CT on Wednesday. You want to grab dinner?

GKP, would really be nice to have you there again.

Ian has mentioned a 10% dicount for 10 Minis so there is a little economic incentive.

S-Driver 01-04-2010 06:43 PM

Slinger....if your still interested in that VIR event I contacted the event manager and registration will be opening up this weekend. I'll be signing up.

slinger688 01-05-2010 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by S-Driver (Post 2949369)
Slinger....if your still interested in that VIR event I contacted the event manager and registration will be opening up this weekend. I'll be signing up.

I am quite interested. I will be trying to make some arrangements.

Are there any other Minis going besides us? Suss? VV?

slinger688 01-05-2010 07:23 AM

s-driver, I forgot to ask, what group are you signing up to run in?

veggivet 01-05-2010 03:44 PM

VIR looks like a great track but it's just too far for me at this point. You guys should have a blast. Thanks for the dinner invite, Slinger; I'll be in Albany for dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant called Van's on Central Ave. with some friends. You are more than welcome to join us. 6:30 ish. Good bunch of folks, even though they're of the veggie persuasion. :nod:

S-Driver 01-05-2010 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by slinger688 (Post 2949635)
s-driver, I forgot to ask, what group are you signing up to run in?

Well....I'm guessing the advanced run group or at least to be checked out soon as possible. When the event goes live I'll see what there is.

I pm'd Suss to remind him but haven't heard back yet...So right now it's you and I in MINI's..

slinger688 01-05-2010 09:17 PM

VV,

Just got done with the mpg meeting. Looks like we have some potential recruits for May 17. This is what I have so far:

Slinger688,
VV,
DI,
JI,
NE,
Zeke,
Jon,
Malteracer,

All we need is a couple more and hope all the potentials go. Perhaps we can get GKP, Suss, Scooter and MA as well.

We are planning to have dinner after track as well.

slinger688 01-05-2010 09:20 PM

VV,

May have to pass on Albany. I have to run down to CT for a few days. I will try to catch you later.

Also, mpg is planning a kart event in GPNY (Mt Kisco) for Feb 27. I little too costly for me but it might be fun.

veggivet 01-06-2010 02:43 AM

Nice work, Slinger. Talk about being persuasive! We should be able to recruit a couple more before May to get us over the magic number. Karting sounds like fun but your body pays the price, from what I hear, in addition to your wallet.

slinger688 01-06-2010 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by veggivet (Post 2950446)
Nice work, Slinger. Talk about being persuasive! We should be able to recruit a couple more before May to get us over the magic number. Karting sounds like fun but your body pays the price, from what I hear, in addition to your wallet.

I have trouble seeing the track on Karts. The ride can be so bumpy that my glasses vibrate in my helmet so much I cannot see.

I think the karting day is for 4 10 minute sessions. Cost is $100 plus membership extra.

S-Driver 01-06-2010 05:30 PM

Great karting track. But the fact that they don't offer any discounts if you wanted to buy bulk sessions in advance, like OnTrack does, forces me to not go there pretty much ever. I've been only about three times.

I heard a rumur that because they aren't pulling in enough revenue that they might be considering replacing one of the tracks with a bowling alley! That is just stupid.....

veggivet 01-06-2010 05:33 PM

There's no way I could make my bowling ball go around all those curves. What are they thinking? Maybe I just need more spin...

slinger688 01-06-2010 06:01 PM

I vote for a skating rink.

veggivet 01-06-2010 06:08 PM

Seconded. My skates need a workout.

slinger688 01-06-2010 06:23 PM

You can out the barriers back up and do ice karting.

S-Driver 01-07-2010 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by slinger688 (Post 2949633)
I am quite interested. I will be trying to make some arrangements.

Are there any other Minis going besides us? Suss? VV?

The event is Live!! I just signed up and paid....

I have no idea how fast it will sell out if it does but there is only a $25 charge to cancel if done prior to June 1st...

veggivet 01-08-2010 04:48 AM

Has anybody run with kojote motorsports? They offer a HUGE amount of track time for advanced drivers. Any input would be appreciated as I am considering their July event at Watkins Glen.

www.kojotemotorsport.com

slinger688 01-08-2010 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by S-Driver (Post 2952344)
The event is Live!! I just signed up and paid....

I have no idea how fast it will sell out if it does but there is only a $25 charge to cancel if done prior to June 1st...

OK, I will be signing up this weekend.

I managed to get hold of some track junkies from Virginia and they mignt be interested as well.

gkp 01-08-2010 01:49 PM

If any of you go to GPNY in Mt. Kisco for karting, let me know. I live 5 minutes away. I've been there a few times. Yes, it is expensive, but a lot of fun.

S-Driver 01-08-2010 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by slinger688 (Post 2952790)
OK, I will be signing up this weekend.

I managed to get hold of some track junkies from Virginia and they mignt be interested as well.

Cool.....fellow MINI drivers? Any ideas/thoughts on lodging? If you plan on staying with your buddies (assuming they are near) let me know so I can plan accordingly. The suites in the paddock are pricey but not bad if split by a few people. Super convenient tho..

S-Driver 01-08-2010 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by veggivet (Post 2952536)
Has anybody run with kojote motorsports? They offer a HUGE amount of track time for advanced drivers. Any input would be appreciated as I am considering their July event at Watkins Glen.

www.kojotemotorsport.com

Had fun last year with them hanging out with Garylimey and Fasttruck22. Very laid back outfit...would almost make SCDA look strict! Lot's of fast ex-pro cars there but there was also a Cooper running around out there all by his lonesome, having a ball. Everyone is super considerate out on track which is to be expected at that level...

You can even order your lunch from a menu if desired. Was $10 last time..