North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Driver's School (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/driver-s-school-135/)
-   -   SCDA HPDE Schedule (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/driver-s-school/179311-scda-hpde-schedule.html)

gbuff1 04-05-2010 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by S-Driver (Post 2953180)
Had fun last year with them hanging out with Garylimey and Fasttruck22. Very laid back outfit...would almost make SCDA look strict! Lot's of fast ex-pro cars there but there was also a Cooper running around out there all by his lonesome, having a ball. Everyone is super considerate out on track which is to be expected at that level...

You can even order your lunch from a menu if desired. Was $10 last time..

Old thread, but I just happened to catch this.....I was there in my white Cooper for that event, and yes, I was having a ball....I think they're only doing one event this year at WGI but it's always worth it. Last year they had TWO Porsche 962s out there.....

Gary

S-Driver 04-05-2010 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by gbuff1 (Post 3022873)
Old thread, but I just happened to catch this.....I was there in my white Cooper for that event, and yes, I was having a ball....I think they're only doing one event this year at WGI but it's always worth it. Last year they had TWO Porsche 962s out there.....

Gary

Hah! I was two bays away from you then......I had that Dark Silver/White MINI that was parked just outside the fence on the first day, but I ran a 1/2 day the second day. I remember three 962's.......the Bridgestone, Jagermiester, and that Group C car.

You certainly were having a good time!

veggivet 04-05-2010 07:47 PM

In response to post #50, it doesn't look good for WGI this season, unless I do the PDA event October 1-3rd to celebrate my birthday. That means not doing Monticello on October 4th, though. In response to posts #51 and #52, it really is a small MINI world out there in HDPE land.

gbuff1 04-06-2010 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by S-Driver (Post 3023019)
Hah! I was two bays away from you then......I had that Dark Silver/White MINI that was parked just outside the fence on the first day, but I ran a 1/2 day the second day. I remember three 962's.......the Bridgestone, Jagermiester, and that Group C car.

You certainly were having a good time!

I've got a great photo of my car side-by-side with one of the 962s; don't know how to get it on here though.

S-Driver 04-06-2010 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by gbuff1 (Post 3023213)
I've got a great photo of my car side-by-side with one of the 962s; don't know how to get it on here though.

Is it on Track Time Photo's website? If so I'll find it and post it if you'd like...

slinger688 04-06-2010 05:35 PM

S-Driver,

Are you still thinking about doing Monticello, NY May 17?

S-Driver 04-06-2010 06:19 PM

Thinking/wanting to do it...yes.

Know if I'm doing it....no. :confused:

gbuff1 04-07-2010 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by S-Driver (Post 3023731)
Is it on Track Time Photo's website? If so I'll find it and post it if you'd like...

Yes it is...20090727_WGI_OPT_5192 is the number, and thanks!

slinger688 04-07-2010 05:54 AM

Would really like to see it. Thanks

S-Driver 04-07-2010 06:36 PM

Here ya go guy's.....gbuff1's MINI playing with a 962!! Kojote is very cool in that you be on track with some very interesting Hi-powered cars..

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...Kojotedual.jpg

veggivet 04-07-2010 06:43 PM

Great shot...what turn is this?

slinger688 04-07-2010 06:47 PM

Is this turn 2 before the uphill Ess?

Looks like he is passing the 962 :)

S-Driver 04-07-2010 07:10 PM

That's turn 8....heading up to "NASCAR" straight, or the "heel" of the boot.

RedSkunk 04-12-2010 02:55 PM

We're just a couple short of the 10 needed for the discount, May 17th at Monticello! Who else needs to go? :) Note your affiliation with the "MPG" MINI group in the comments section when registering.

veggivet 04-12-2010 05:15 PM

RedSkunk, we may have picked up a couple of guys at Lime Rock today who are very interested in Monticello on May 17th.

slinger688 04-12-2010 06:22 PM

VV and I did put on our salesman uniforms at LRP today.

veggivet 04-12-2010 06:28 PM

I thought we had on our tire changing uniforms. Thanks so much for all of your help today! :thumbsup:

S-Driver 04-12-2010 06:33 PM

You guy's changed tires? What's going on here!?

How was the day? My neighbor was there in his white EVO...

slinger688 04-12-2010 06:40 PM

No wonder they were running from us. We had all that brake dust on our official salesman/tire changing uniforms.

Actually only VV was on NT01. I ran all 4 sessions on streets.

I think we saw your neighbor and his Mini munching Evo monster, but we did not speak to him much.

Total, only 4 Minis at LRP.

slinger688 04-12-2010 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by S-Driver (Post 3028210)
You guy's changed tires? What's going on here!?

How was the day? My neighbor was there in his white EVO...

For me, I think the day was fine. Could not ask for better weather. Hope WGI April 26-27 would have good weather as well.

However, there was the unusual share of bad flagging and hyped up rusty drivers with lots of aggression and their big HP cars.

veggivet 04-12-2010 06:57 PM

What do you mean bad flagging? Was there supposed to be a flag after a two car accident (just after the lefthander) that left one car + debris on the track? I guess we were just supposed to go on the grass to get around him next time round. :eek:

S-Driver, I don't have to tell you the difference R comps make...I used Halifax Harry's old set that had only a couple of sessions on them. It feels so nice to go into the downhill turn without any brakes and come out about 5 mph faster than you did on street tires. Carver's driving skills appeared in the afternoon, and in combination with my scrubbing most of the tread off my left front tire, he was faster than I was. That's before he installs his new springs, BBK, and mounts his R comps.

slinger688 04-12-2010 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by veggivet (Post 3028232)
What do you mean bad flagging? Was there supposed to be a flag after a two car accident (just after the lefthander) that left one car + debris on the track? I guess we were just supposed to go on the grass to get around him next time round. :eek:

S-Driver, I don't have to tell you the difference R comps make...I used Halifax Harry's old set that had only a couple of sessions on them. It feels so nice to go into the downhill turn without any brakes and come out about 5 mph faster than you did on street tires. Carver's driving skills appeared in the afternoon, and in combination with my scrubbing most of the tread off my left front tire, he was faster than I was. That's before he installs his new springs, BBK, and mounts his R comps.

Worst case was no flag which is what happended. You were smart to get off into the pits after you drove all the way around. I figured no flag means OK lets go, then after big bend, I saw the car in the middle of the track right after the left hand turn. Then there was all that debris on the track, Should have been a standing black or even a red flag.

VV, I think you are in line for another set of NT01s. This feels like it is getting pretty expensive...

S-Driver 04-12-2010 07:41 PM

Yikes, I'm not liking what I'm hearing from you guys about the NT01's....:eek:

veggivet 04-13-2010 03:18 AM

To be fair, I'm on a used set, from Halifax Harry. I'll be curious to see how many days Slinger is able to get out of his brand new set. I can definitely do Monticello with this set...mounting the more worn ones on the rear. Monticello has more than one lefthander, so the fronts should wear a little more evenly than at Lime Rock. I really liked the feel and communication of the tire, not to mention the vast increase in grip. As far as cost, I knew going into the change to R comps that a new set would be needed before the end of this season. Now I just hope it's only just one new set and not two. Either way, it's only $$$, and my dad taught me never to skimp on tires. I posted a picture in the Tires, Wheels and Brakes section that really shows the clearance around the caliper.

slinger688 04-14-2010 06:59 AM

I am glad they are going to learn from that flagging issue.