Detailing 101 Need to find out how to pamper your new MINI? Find out all the detailing secrets here.

Detailed our MINIs

Old 05-19-2017, 09:01 AM
MiniSuperCooper
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Detailed our MINIs

I've been detailing the '06 for 11 years now. I've always used the two-bucket system, and it works wonderfully. I was in a hurry as I was trying to beat an incoming storm, so I still didn't have time to remove all the swirl marks. (The '16 had swirl marks when we bought it, and '06's swirl marks were left by another state's dealer's "courtesy wash." )

I used to use Zaino, but a few years ago I switched to Collinite 476s. The Zaino looked better than the Collinite, but two coats of Collinite lasts a whole year which is amazing!

(Granted, our cars are garage kept, which helps with the longevity. However, when I prepped these cars yesterday, they were still beading from last year's detail. The '06 was detailed around this time last year, and the '16 was detailed when we bought it in November. The wax seemed to be in good shape on both cars, and I can't possibly describe how much easier it is wash, clay, clean, and wax a car that already has wax on it.)

I have to admit I enjoy spending a couple of days outside detailing cars, and it's always amazing how many neighbors I meet each time I do this little "job."

Last edited by MiniSuperCooper; 05-19-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:51 PM
mashby
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Wow. They look great!

Old 05-24-2017, 09:45 AM
druzmini
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice job. I am on the Obsessed garage FB and forum you will get sucked into things and have more fun with your cars and garage!

Search this Thread