Detailing 101 Need to find out how to pamper your new MINI? Find out all the detailing secrets here.

debadging 2005 r53 mini cooper s?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 02:54 PM
minihoon
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
debadging 2005 r53 mini cooper s?

I want to take the emblems off the front and back of my mini, however i'm not sure if they're simply stuck on with some kind of adhesive or if any holes will be left behind. does anyone know?

Old 04-10-2017, 03:43 PM
RB-MINI
6th Gear
Received 489 Likes on 408 Posts
The MINI wings have locating two holes behind them, along with adhesive. The Cooper S lettering only had adhesive on my 2005.

What color is your car and how long has it been in the sun? You might have some ghosting of the badges when you remove them.

Old 04-11-2017, 02:01 PM
Capt_bj
OVERDRIVE
Received 281 Likes on 237 Posts
http://www.outmotoring.com/replaceme...blem-rear.html

you can see the pins on the picture of this replacement part ....

Old 04-11-2017, 02:20 PM
-=gRaY rAvEn=-
Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts
Heat badges or letters with hair dryer then using good dental floss( doubled up strands - more the better ) use the dental floss to separate the badge from body of car. Do not pry...then use thumb to remove the double sided tape and any residue left can be removed with Goof-Off.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:18 AM
prestigeautopolishing
Neutral
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if dental floss is not strong enough ive found that dynema fishing line works wonderfully however you have to be careful to not cut yourself with it.

once youve removed them there is likely to be some ghosting whether from UV wear or physical wear on the surround paint and it is best to do this in conjunction with a detail. If there is a noticeable texture difference because the emblems were put on while the paint was soft this can be fixed with a quick wet sand