North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Detailing 101 (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/detailing-101-12/)
-   -   Best Vaccum Cleaner (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/detailing-101/307375-best-vaccum-cleaner.html)

spearmin 09-27-2016 12:13 PM

Best Vaccum Cleaner

Was wondering if anyone can recommend a really good vacuum for cleaning those tight spots in the Mini. I'm leaning toward a Dyson hand held, but if there is something better (and I doubt that), I'd pick it up. Particularly, I'm look for something that has enough attachments that allow me to reach those difficult spots like the subwoofer grills, or the ares between the seats and the center rail.

Capt_bj 09-27-2016 02:48 PM

first of all you need something that really sucks .....

sorry, could not resist

I have a Dyson for the house ... dunno that's the best choice for the car in the long run ...

do you have a garage for the car? If so what you really want is a GOOD shop vac .... a good shop vac with a few attachments and a long hair brush is gonna serve you a LONG time.

I've had a SEARS shop vac for 20 years (change filter annually) and it still SUCKS like crazy .... I've even made some of my own attachments for it. Would my DYSON replace it?

NEVER!!!!!

p.s. bet a dollar you have a MINI and not a Mini .... I have both and it matters .....

spearmin 09-28-2016 11:02 AM

I' m Done Picked up a Dyson handheld dc35 from craigslist. $50.00 and like new.

MINI-Dirk 09-28-2016 11:55 AM

I hope that works for you. I had a Husky shop vac from Home Depot and it worked great, but the smallest nozzle it was still pretty wide and didn't fit deep between the seats or console. I recently picked up a smaller shop vac and it had a pretty narrow and long crevice tool with brush. That seemed to be the key to getting those tight spaces clean. Man, I found a lot of old french fries...

Dirk

spearmin 09-29-2016 01:44 PM

Yeah I ordered a nozzle set from Amazon the same day I picket it up. Its gets here tomorrow. I'm hoping it fits in the nooks and crannies.

Svonc5 10-01-2016 02:14 PM

I have always been a Dyson fan, but I bought a Shark Rocket on Amazon a few months ago and it came with like 15 attachments. It has incredible suction (lol, I know) and several of the attachments are super small and fit in the smallest crevices.

spearmin 10-01-2016 03:18 PM

Hmm... Is it cordless..? *what model..

Svonc5 10-01-2016 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by spearmin (Post 4247477)
Hmm... Is it cordless..? *what model..

It's not cordless, but the existing cord is super long, you can remove the long part and it becomes a handheld and the micro tools are what I use for the cars, it comes with it on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Rocket-Ultra-...s=Shark+rocket

spearmin 10-01-2016 06:32 PM

Kind of a knockoff the Dyson but better...... They Dyson gives you 12 min and then dies.. And the suction �� is well below average.... I would never pay more than 50.00 for the Dyson I bought... They list for 300+

Svonc5 10-01-2016 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by spearmin (Post 4247514)
Kind of a knockoff the Dyson but better...... They Dyson gives you 12 min and then dies.. And the suction �� is well below average.... I would never pay more than 50.00 for the Dyson I bought... They list for 300+

Yeah, I bought it because my mother and SIL had it, and I was amazed at the cleaning and suction power (we all have dogs, cats, and dirty kids), we moved into a new home that has three levels, schlepping a vacuum up and down stairs constantly was not a thrilling prospect. It's really lightweight, and the exciting part for me was all the tiny attachments and the fact the cord is so ridiculously long.

MrElusive 10-03-2016 08:13 PM

Any decent shop vac with 4hp or more will do the job. The key is not so much the vacuum itself but the nozzles you use, whether they come with the vac or you have to purchase them after-market.