North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Detailing 101 (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/detailing-101-12/)
-   -   After market stripes and roof checkers (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/detailing-101/1056-after-market-stripes-and-roof-checkers.html)

greyhoundmini 08-15-2002 07:57 PM

I thought everyone might like to see some of the bonnet/boot stripes and roof patterns we had done at a local signage shope. They had done the Willy Bike MINIs found on this page, so he came highly recommended.

Check out the pics here :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

kdog 08-15-2002 09:38 PM

Cool pics. Thanks for posting the link.

maximini 08-23-2002 07:59 PM

Got a link to a joint doing checkered stripe decals:

checks

I don't know squat about the quality of their work, but now I know they exist I can order my mini with impunity:

Black w/white S-type, sport, space-cloth in magnesium w/ anthracite moulding treatment. Bail on dealer stripes in favor of one straight, 4" wide strip of three-row b/w minichecks on the passenger side, just off the scoop and over the bevel of the bonnet. Like a bit of leg showing behind the slit of a dress.

The Special's *Blank Expression* on the disk player.

or *Johnny Too Bad*

Rudy can't fail.

MINIclo 08-23-2002 08:18 PM

>>Got a link to a joint doing checkered stripe decals:
>>
>>checks
>>
>>I don't know squat about the quality of their work, but now I know they exist I can order my mini with impunity:
>>
>>Black w/white S-type, sport, space-cloth in magnesium w/ anthracite moulding treatment. Bail on dealer stripes in favor of one straight, 4" wide strip of three-row b/w minichecks on the passenger side, just off the scoop and over the bevel of the bonnet. Like a bit of leg showing behind the slit of a dress.
>>
>>The Special's *Blank Expression* on the disk player.
>>
>>or *Johnny Too Bad*
>>
>>Rudy can't fail.<<

:eek: Oooh, maximini! I like your plans for the S! Please post pics when it's all done! I'm going to "check" out that chex site! :lol:

Cheers!
Clover
**MINIclo comes home on TUESDAY 8/27!!!**

Zappa 09-10-2002 04:50 PM

Greyhound! Those are decals!!?? Is the roof several or is that one decal?

greyhoundmini 09-16-2002 12:30 AM

>>Greyhound! Those are decals!!?? Is the roof several or is that one decal?

The checkered roof is made up of many squares in the opposite color of the roof. The iinstaller r-e-a-l-l-y did a nice job of both measurement and application. The most "overlap" is less than 1/16 of an inch!

u4ea 09-16-2002 03:48 AM

I have personally had experience with a couple signarama sign shops, for decal work on some previous cars...

They have access to equipment that can produce full wraps for cars etc...

Most sign shops can do some amazing things with vinyl.... If I get a MINI I wont get bonnets etc... Ill get some custom made...

Plus it will give you a true custom feeling.