D Stock Where is everyone in GS for the San Diego National Tour?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 11:39 PM
OasisT
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is everyone in GS for the San Diego National Tour?

The past 2 years, we have seen 10+ competitors and this year there are 8 in H-Stock. Where did everyone go? There are only 4 competitors entered into GS!!

I will tell you what, we need one more competitor, so, If one person wants to jump into GS, I'll pay for half their entry as a good will gesture to get some more blood into GS. I'll zip a paypal over for $40 within 24 hours if they make a post on this forum before entering.

Anyone?

Old 03-08-2007, 12:39 AM
mitchman
5th Gear
I should be going (all my Northwest Region friends will be there). But it's about a 24 hour drive each way for me. :(

(your offer is attractive though....)

Old 03-08-2007, 12:40 AM
mitchman
5th Gear
I should be going (all my Northwest Region friends will be there). But it's about a 24 hour drive each way for me. :(

Old 03-08-2007, 12:50 AM
OasisT
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mitchman

Ughhh! Sounds like my drive from KC that I made 2 years ago.

craig

Old 03-08-2007, 02:43 AM
JustGo4It_
5th Gear
Craig,
Most of the local GS people have moved on to other classes this year. There is one person I'm going to talk to this weekend. We shall see.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:52 PM
trick
3rd Gear
Makes me wonder how much a flight out to San Diego is.

Edit: I just reread that and realized there wasn't an open seat any where in that offer.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:31 AM
OasisT
6th Gear
Originally Posted by trick

Edit: I just reread that and realized there wasn't an open seat any where in that offer.
Lol, I will rent a G6 and let you drive it if you want. Seriously, and, I'll supply the "race" rubber, courtesy of Alamo.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:34 AM
OasisT
6th Gear

I will rent a G6 and let you drive it in GS if you want. Seriously, and, I'll supply the "race" rubber, courtesy of Alamo.

OK guys, I'll come clean, I'm not doing this to be nice, I'm doing this because we need 5 competitors to fill the class in order for one of the 5 competitors to have a shot at Mini Contingency, which, happens to be $500. Of course I realize its anyone's game to win, but, I just want to see one of us in GS to have a shot at that free money from Mini rather than see it not won because we were short one competitor. :-) I have never had this problem in GS, its usually packed with Mini's. :-(

Anyway, offer stepped up, I'll pay for someone's ENTIRE entry to jump into GS. :-)

Old 03-09-2007, 07:02 AM
trick
3rd Gear
I knew why you were doing it.
As tempting as it is to rock the Team Alamo G6, I think I'll hold out for some seat time in a MINI even if it means I stay local.

Plus, I need to bank some money for the tires I'm going to shred at my Evo school.

What happened to your DSP/STX ride?

Old 03-09-2007, 10:24 AM
OasisT
6th Gear
What happened to your DSP/STX ride?
I tried to sell it here on NAM and on a few other sites, even lowered it to $24900 to no avail, then asked if anyone would give $21900, noone would, so, I decided to keep it since its basically a $40K new car. Anyway, in the mean time, I have a set of KW Competition 2-way coilovers being rebuilt to my spec that will be arriving any day. As soon as they get here, I'll start prepping for the season. I really think that with the correct setup, I can take STX on perfect day with the correct course. Heck, GS beat STX at Nationals, so, I know it can be done since I was always quicker in STX than GS, well, with the exception of very few concrete events where GS thrived with the added R-compound grip advantage. :-) Who knows, maybe I'll end up going more towards DSP though if I can get the 275/35/15 to fit without hacking.

Craig

Old 03-09-2007, 02:54 PM
trick
3rd Gear
Cool. I'd like to see you do it man. Good luck with the build.

I was starting to think about STX, but the last thing I need right now is to put more adjustability in the car. Need to focus on the nut behind the wheel.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:23 AM
OasisT
6th Gear
Man, what a fantastic time! I'd just like to say thanks alot to James for letting me co-drive with him in his 06 MCS. The weather was perfect, the food was great, the course was fast, the car was amazing! What more can a guy ask out of a weekend in San Diego for the National Tour!!! Anyway, it was great meeting those who showed up. ;-) See you in Atwater!!!

Old 03-19-2007, 06:41 AM
mitchman
5th Gear
Great job Craig! I've heard nothing but good things from everyone who attended. (I'm going to have to make the 24 hour drive some day)

What was James running that caused it to handle so good?

Old 03-19-2007, 10:35 PM
OasisT
6th Gear
Matt

Thanks! Yeah, that site is fantastic. Add to it the wonderful hospitality from the locals and everything else that comes with a nice trip to San Diego and you have one of the best National Tour's of the season.

I am not sure, I think maybe that fat rear swaybar. lol J/K. He has Koni SA's and we also had some freshy Hoosiers mounted on a nice set of Rota Slipstreams from 18Racing.com. ;-) Basically, as far as setup, we tweaked the front rebound a bit to our liking and it worked very well with that particular course. I'm sure at Atwater we will be doing some more tweaking though with the ultra grippy surface. :-) It is always fun to try to make an adjustment in a matter of 6 runs per day.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:59 AM
mitchman
5th Gear
Hahaha! It's always fun to try and tweek the car AND drive it.

I was wondering what front bar he was running. I'm running the 22.5 mm Cooper bar and I'm still not happy with the car in the 180 sweepers. I've got major corner entry oversteer and steady state push.

I'm thinking of switching to the 16mm front bar and cranking the front compression way up to compensate.