D Stock NO MINI CONTINGENCY? 4 months and counting!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 10:37 PM
OasisT
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NO MINI CONTINGENCY? 4 months and counting!

Man, its been over 4 months with no check from Mini. They still owe me $1500 for divisional/National wins. I know that Carolyn B is no longer with them and Susan L. has taken her place. I am VERY disappointed with her no replies or very slow replies at best. I was promised around the 1st of this month the check would arrive VERY shortly, but, its now been 17 days and she has not responded to any emails to confirm that the check was sent "shortly" as promised.

I'm really starting to question whether Mini is going to continue the contingency program with this lackluster response to numerous inquiries through email and numerous voicemails regarding contingency payments.

If I don't see a check by the 5 month mark, I'm going to have to re-evaluate my new 2006 MCS order.

I figure the least they could do is let me know what the heck is really going on. I called one of the other National Mini competitors, and, they have given him the same poor response and non-payment.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate their program, however, they need to maintain it in a semi-professional manner if they are indeed going to offer it. I spend thousands of dollars on car prep and travel, knowing that I have a chance to re-coup some of those expenses through the contingency program, which, I happened to earn with National Wins. And, when they fail to follow through as agreed on their end, it puts a real sour taste in my mouth. I could understand if it was outside the promised 30 days, maybe 60 days, or 100 days with a response back to my emails/calls, but, 140+ days with no response or lackluster response at best? Thats ridiculous. Are they going to wait half a year? A full year? Never? This is really starting to **** me off to be honest.

Anyone else have similar issues?

Craig Wilcox

Old 12-18-2005, 08:39 AM
nygaard
3rd Gear
Craig:

They still owe me $250 in divisional from quite a while back. They were pretty slow on the Packwood and Denver Money as well, but I recieved that a while ago. What works best with Susan is calling her. She was very responsive to that. What she told me was that she has taken Carolyn's spot, but still performing her old job duties which has her over committed at MiniUSA. Unfortunately, I'm sure paying out money takes lower priority than other duties Susan does there, and until they allow more dedication to the contingency program, things may be a little slow. Like I said, call Susan on the phone and work with her that way. She was very helpful and pleasant when I spoke with her before.

Jake

Old 12-18-2005, 11:33 AM
OasisT
6th Gear
Very iteresting, I called 3 times with no returned calls. I guess I'll try again. Anyway, thanks for your input, thats encouraging that at least someone has gotten through with a good response. I wonder how they'd like it if I told them I was real busy and didn't have time to make my car payments as agreed. :-) You'd think a company as large as BMW/Mini could handle sending out a few dozen contingency checks.

Old 12-19-2005, 07:36 AM
BGarfield
4th Gear
I've spoken with Susan as of a few weeks ago (on the phone) and she was apollogetic and mentioned they were behind. I realized that there isn't much else I can do other than remind them.
However, don't leave messages, just try to call and catch her in the office. Not only did Susan take over for Carolyn, but Susan was only supposed to be temporary as well, as I understand it. They may be currently in the cross over again.

But, you'd think they would want to get it out before the end of the year...

Believe me, I'm owed quite a bit

Brian

Old 12-19-2005, 07:56 AM
Mini2Go
Coordinator :: Pitt Stop MINI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...I could stand for a change of scenery. I wonder what kind of person they want to hire?

Old 12-19-2005, 10:03 AM
OasisT
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BGarfield
I've spoken with Susan as of a few weeks ago (on the phone) and she was apollogetic and mentioned they were behind. I realized that there isn't much else I can do other than remind them.
However, don't leave messages, just try to call and catch her in the office. Not only did Susan take over for Carolyn, but Susan was only supposed to be temporary as well, as I understand it. They may be currently in the cross over again.

But, you'd think they would want to get it out before the end of the year...

Believe me, I'm owed quite a bit

Brian
Yeah Brian, you were one of the guys I was wondering about when my checks never arrived, I figured they owed you a ton. Anyway, I just wish they would be straight with me and tell me its going to be a 6 month delay, instead of replying only once with an apology and a note that it will be here very shortly, which, never happened. She did reply 8 days ago with something like, "let me see what is going on, and, I'll get back to you", but, I never heard another peep and emailed her 2-3 more emails.

Oh well.

Craig

Old 12-19-2005, 10:08 AM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Although I am sure you will get your contingency money eventually, this is really crummy and I hope that MINI-USA knows that they are looking really bad in public by holding out on you.

Old 12-22-2005, 09:32 PM
Miniwildcat
3rd Gear
I'm still waiting on divisional money from last August. I was about to call and see what happened, but it looks like it isn't just me. Hopefully they'll be catching up soon, planning a nice road trip to FL and CA this spring in hopes if getting a little more of that MINI-gold.

Old 12-22-2005, 09:43 PM
OasisT
6th Gear
Mathew

So, are you guys planning on doing Ft Myers and then making the 3500 mile trek to Cali? Man, that is one heckuva road trip for sure!

Craig

Old 12-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Miniwildcat
3rd Gear
Yup, Coast to coast baby, driving the race car! After the Cali events it's off to Vegas for AMVIV III, then right off to AR for the 2 Walnut Ridge events. By then Snowball II should be swimming with red bull cans.

Old 12-28-2005, 03:57 PM
nygaard
3rd Gear
FYI - Last outstanding contingency check for me arrived today

Old 12-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Miniwildcat
3rd Gear
When'd you send it in?

Old 12-28-2005, 05:16 PM
nygaard
3rd Gear
Sometime in mid to late August, I think.

Old 12-28-2005, 09:50 PM
OasisT
6th Gear
My check arrived yesterday. I sent mine in early August. They claim that next season, they will be much more efficient, so, thats a good thing.

Craig

Old 12-29-2005, 01:00 AM
Miniwildcat
3rd Gear
Sounds like I might have a nice late christmas present waiting for me back in IN .

Old 12-29-2005, 01:30 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Miniwildcat
Sounds like I might have a nice late christmas present waiting for me back in IN .
Where are you, Matt? In San Diego again? How was Laguna Seca...have a good time?

Old 12-29-2005, 10:13 AM
Miniwildcat
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MINIclo
How was Laguna Seca...have a good time?
Of course! Just wish I had mt own car...it'd also be nice if MINI added a little contengency money to us poor instructors . Just goes to show, no money in teaching, only competing .

Old 12-30-2005, 07:01 AM
BGarfield
4th Gear
Hmm. So that would mean I still shouldn't be expecting Nationals stuff yet, although I did send it pretty quickly. There were some issues with her getting the results, but my emails show that by Oct. 3rd she had everything she needed. So we'll call that my start date.

Brian

Old 01-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Miniwildcat
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Miniwildcat
Yup, it was waiting for me. You shouldn't have much longer to wait Brian.