Go Back  North American Motoring > Racing & Competition > SCCA Solo and ProSolo > D-Stock
DS 2017 - Who invited these guys edition >

DS 2017 - Who invited these guys edition

D-Stock Have a Cooper S and want to compete? Join us here for information on prepping options, events, and more!

DS 2017 - Who invited these guys edition

Old 09-21-2017, 04:25 AM
cmt52663
6th Gear
Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
I'll have some data after this coming Sunday...

Cheers,

Charlie

Old 06-20-2018, 05:51 AM
Burglar
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Got my butt thoroughly kicked last weekend in Peru. I was not even competitive.

We've been plagued by poor weather in Detroit this season, and we've also temporarily lost Toledo Express Airport, so I am well out of tune. No valid excuse, as 5 of the 7 people ahead of me are from my region. Tough crowd, too, 5 Nationals trophy winners, 3 people that finished ahead of me in DS last year in Lincoln.

Saturday I just did NOT drive well, had a real lack of intensity and focus. Hitting a cone early in my third run snapped me back to reality a bit and I finished that run out to my satisfaction.

Sunday I felt I drove better. Some course tweaks were made in the backwards direction that saw some out of normal AX speeds, I logged 70.2mph. Either it's my technique or my car, but it doesn't seem to like a 3-2 downshift in the heat of the moment, even though I can't duplicate the issue on the street. I know I lost a few tenths trying to not screw the shift up, but I was still 0.7 seconds off pace Sunday too. I will say entering a slalom at 70+ miles an hour was a riot, though.

Ah well, it is what it is. That's my last national event for this season, so it may end up being my last event in the Mini.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:23 PM
Burglar
3rd Gear
I've had the car for two years and today was the first time I've had it on a track. Car was great, even in 97 degree heat.

Usually leaving the track I have a soft brake pedal, or a lazy clutch, or a grumpy transmission until everything either cools off or gets bled, including my R53. I was shocked this thing was as if I just drove to the grocery store. Quite pleased. Only my AMG left the track as unfazed.

Anyways, here's me grabbing slightly more curb than intended.

Old 11-22-2018, 12:43 PM
jetsr6
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Burglar View Post
I've had the car for two years and today was the first time I've had it on a track. Car was great, even in 97 degree heat.

Usually leaving the track I have a soft brake pedal, or a lazy clutch, or a grumpy transmission until everything either cools off or gets bled, including my R53. I was shocked this thing was as if I just drove to the grocery store. Quite pleased. Only my AMG left the track as unfazed.

Anyways, here's me grabbing slightly more curb than intended.

Was looking up ds stuff for a friend and found this. Burglar you getting a Camaro for next year lol. What are your plans now another year is over.

Old 11-22-2018, 01:54 PM
Burglar
3rd Gear
I bought an '18 Civic Si and plan on running GS with it next year.

Old 11-22-2018, 02:06 PM
jetsr6
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Burglar View Post
I bought an '18 Civic Si and plan on running GS with it next year.
oh wow. Are you done with the Mini then. Or keeping it around for track days?

Old 11-22-2018, 05:16 PM
Burglar
3rd Gear
Probably done with it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: