Country Roads MINIs Club supporting MINI owners and enthusiasts of West Virginia.

Sit down dinner.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 12:02 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sit down dinner.

Hey Gang!
I want everyone to put their thinking caps on and think of a nice, reasonable place that we all could go to a nice sit down dinner close by. Close by meaning within an hours driving time. It would be great to have a place with a big fireplace that we could sit down and enjoy after eating. John had suggested it would be nice to have a little get together and I think it's a great idea. I think sometime before Thanksgiving would be good. So throw out some ideas folks.

Also, I'd like to have a small Christmas party at our new home December 15th. It could be finger foods and of course desserts. Maybe everyone bring something to snack on? Let me know your thoughts on this one. Very informal and a good way to re-cap this first season of this local area of Country Roads Minis. Tis the season you know!

Last edited by wvmtnbiker; 10-27-2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Word check
Old 10-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Llanrhaeadr_Cymru
4th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by wvmtnbiker
Hey Gang!
I want everyone to put their thinking caps on and think of a nice, reasonable place that we all could go to a nice sit down dinner close by. Close by meaning within an hours driving time. It would be great to have a place with a big fireplace that we could sit down and enjoy after eating. John had suggested it would be nice to have a little get together and I think it's a great idea. I think sometime before Thanksgiving would be good. So throw out some ideas folks.
Saturdays November 3rd or 11th work for us. Muriale's is a good midway point between Morgantown and Bridgeport. Not sure whether they have a fireplace...

Also, I'd like to have a small Christmas party at our new home December 15th. It could be finger foods and of course desserts. Maybe everyone bring something to snack on? Let me know your thoughts on this one. Very informal and a good way to re-cap this first season of this local area of Country Roads Minis. Tis the season you know!
Great! We're free on December 15th, and as I type, Lee is planning her tastiest snack!

Old 11-17-2012, 03:04 PM
BportLax
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any other details for Dec 15?

Old 11-24-2012, 06:55 AM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
Dinner details

Originally Posted by BportLax
Any other details for Dec 15?
Would everyone prefer an early afternoon or an after supper get together in the evening?
We were thinking snacks and desserts of any kind. Nothing huge but finger type foods.
Thought it would be nice to re-cap our drives this year and talk about next years drives. Very informal of course, nothing fancy.
It will be at our house.
Directions: take the south Fairmont exit and turn onto NASA Blvd at Dan Cava Toyota. Just past the new Mon Power building on the left, turn into the Fair Oaks development on your left. Take the second right and the immediate left onto Christine Court. We are on the right at #102.

Let me know what your preference for the time and I will post it up.
Hope to see everyone!

Old 11-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Llanrhaeadr_Cymru
4th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
We are free for either time, so unless someone else is in a time bind, name the time and we'll be there "with bells on". My navigator makes a very good veggie bread pizza if you'd like us to bring it.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:43 AM
BportLax
2nd Gear
After dinner works best for me.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:32 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
Time and date

So it looks like we can all get together on Saturday, December 15th at 6:30 pm. See earlier in this post for directions.
Joyce and I will provide coffee, hot and cold tea, sodas, veggie tray and some sweets.
Each of you can bring your favorite dessert and/or snacks.
We hope that all our Mini friends can come and have an enjoyable evening talking Mini talk.
RSVP via NAM or PM me.

Mark: Parker is welcome too, so bring him along.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:40 PM
wvmtnbiker
3rd Gear
RSVP Please

Hey gang,
If you plan on coming Saturday the 15th, could you please let me know so Joyce and I can plan?

Hope to see all the regulars for some nice treats and Mini talk.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:54 PM
markusw
3rd Gear
We're planning on being there.