Coopers of MINI-haha (South Dakota) The Coopers of MINI-haha forum, for owners from Minnehaha County and SE South Dakota. Visit our club site at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/coopersofMINI-haha/

MINI Gathering in SIOUX FALLS~!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Maxwizz
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI Gathering in SIOUX FALLS~!!!!

HELLO FELLOW MINI OWNERS!

I would like to get as large a group as possible together in the next month or so on a friday night. We would meet at SONIC on the west side by the old SPORTMANS WAREHOUSE. Hang there for a while, then once done leave as a group down 41st to minn, up minn to 14th, 14th over to Phillips, Cruise Down Phillips ave thru the downtown area and then to the Falls, and disburse from there. Anyone that would be interested please email me, having a group of MINI's and CLUBMAN's cruising through SIOUX FALLS would be a blast. Pass the word and give my email to anyone you know that has a MINI.....look forward to hearing from you...when i get a few people ill send an email out with a couple of dates to choose from so we can get a general consensus.....

thanks

amiller.mini@gmail.com

Old 08-03-2009, 03:44 PM
MINIPaige
2nd Gear
SF MINIs

I think this would be a great idea. What time and date were you thinking of. I think the location is pretty good, too. A visible spot on a busy street.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Maxwizz
Neutral
Mini Gathering Sioux Falls

Originally Posted by MINIPaige
I think this would be a great idea. What time and date were you thinking of. I think the location is pretty good, too. A visible spot on a busy street.

I would like to make it a Friday or Saturday night here within the next month or so around that 7pm time frame. Ive got some flyers ready to go, ill put them around and try to catch anyone driving around sioux falls and put them under the windshield....LOL

Any ideas?? Any dates work better for you??

Let me know....you can email me directly at amiller.mini@gmail.com or post here....up to you!! :-)

Old 08-05-2009, 12:54 PM
MINIPaige
2nd Gear
SF MINIs

How about the 21st or 28th? That should give enough time to spread the word. I am impatient though, so I would lean towards the 21st or 22nd.
BTW what flavor of MINI do you have?

Old 08-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Maxwizz
Neutral
Standard Cooper 04, Chili Red, White Top and Rims, Lic# XMINIX

Only one in town Ive seen with the white cooper rims, I have a THULE roof rack on it at the moment, heading to yellowstone for 15 days tent camping in the mini. :-) Chance of snow showers Saturday night...LOL

Old 08-05-2009, 02:36 PM
MINIPaige
2nd Gear
Seen you...

maybe. The description sounds familiar. I've only seen one other CR Cooper around, other than ours, so it may have been you. Are you going to the MT side our WY side of Yellowstone?

Old 08-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Maxwizz
Neutral
Wyoming side, never been there so doing all the gyser and "tourst" stuff.

Yours is red too......If you are the one ive come up next to on 8th street stop light at minnesota....that would be me

Old 08-05-2009, 03:03 PM
MINIPaige
2nd Gear
We don't have plates on the red one yet, or the blue one. The red one has black trim, the blue one has a silver roof, (her's and his in that order). There is another red one with the plate 'Harriet', but that is too many letters. It is something like that though. And there are a couple of yellow ones out there and a gray one.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:54 AM
MiniCoopaloop
2nd Gear
I live in Dakota Dunes, SD..about 75 miles to the south of Sioux Falls. Id be game to come up one night. It'd have to be a Saturday for me though to be able to make it. I got a 06 S that I just purchased about 3 weeks ago. Looking to show it off!

Old 08-24-2009, 02:08 PM
mj_11
Coordinator :: Coopers of MINI-haha
Sorry I've been MIA...on vacation and just now looking at the thread. I'm in for a MINI drive thru Sioux Falls. Have you thought more on a date? I know one other person that might join!

Old 08-25-2009, 11:18 AM
MINIPaige
2nd Gear
I don't know if Maxwizz is back. Any Saturday will work well. Most Friday nights are good, too.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:03 PM
MiniCoopaloop
2nd Gear
I'm game for a gathering whenever. Just need a date a week or two in advance.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:16 AM
MINIPaige
2nd Gear
Takin' Charge

All right. How about September 12? As for the time I am thinking evening or late afternoon.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:12 PM
MiniCoopaloop
2nd Gear
We should start a tally to see who can and cannot make it. IF this is going to be the projected date. Maybe we can throw the subject around to the Rural Nebraska Club also. Just trying to produce ideas....

Old 08-31-2009, 02:57 PM
MINIPaige
2nd Gear
Count us in for 2.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:40 AM
mj_11
I'm excited. It is Sidewalk Arts downtown and I work it most of the afternoon. If we do it later I can. A lot of the downtown streets are closed for it. Also the German Fest is by the Falls, we could end there and have some German food! Since the MINIs are made in Germany now. I do know some people on the commitee, maybe if I could say we have a lot coming down we could have a designated parking area??? Just throwing it out there! Let me know what you all think!

Old 09-04-2009, 12:33 PM
MINIPaige
2nd Gear
Time

I don't remember what time the Arts Festival ends, but how much time do you need when it ends?

Old 09-04-2009, 12:39 PM
mj_11
What time were you thinking? How long to you want the drive to be. Would 5 be too late?

Old 09-04-2009, 02:32 PM
MINIPaige
2nd Gear
Time

5 would be ok. Sonic is right there, so dinner is taken care of for the small one. Is Phillips going to be closed for the arts thing, or will it be open?

Old 09-09-2009, 01:09 PM
mj_11
5 is ok on Sept 12, this Saturday! Phillips doesn't close in the downtown area, just by the falls. So you want to meet at the Sonic by the old Sportsman's Warehouse?
Anyone that wants to meet us, reply to this post and we can see how many cars we have!

Old 09-10-2009, 10:53 AM
MINIPaige
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mj_11
I'm excited. It is Sidewalk Arts downtown and I work it most of the afternoon. If we do it later I can. A lot of the downtown streets are closed for it. Also the German Fest is by the Falls, we could end there and have some German food! Since the MINIs are made in Germany now. I do know some people on the commitee, maybe if I could say we have a lot coming down we could have a designated parking area??? Just throwing it out there! Let me know what you all think!

Where/ what will you be doing at the Sidewalk Arts? We are going to be there, too, in hte late morning to afternoon. It would be kinda cool to go the the German Fest.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:43 AM
mj_11
I work a booth for the museum from opening until 11. I will look for your MINI!
We should maybe do a drive some other time. We are the only two interested. Plus it is a very busy day. I will try to get a big drive next year to go along with the german fest! But until then Let's try for another day in October to get more people to Join! How about October 16th or 17th?

Old 10-18-2009, 06:57 PM
JacksminiS
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mj_11
I work a booth for the museum from opening until 11. I will look for your MINI!
We should maybe do a drive some other time. We are the only two interested. Plus it is a very busy day. I will try to get a big drive next year to go along with the german fest! But until then Let's try for another day in October to get more people to Join! How about October 16th or 17th?
Hey there, I pick up my Mini S tomorrow. I would like to get involved. Contact me will ya?