Drivetrain Manic stage 1 vs stage 2/downpipe- any negatives?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 06:27 AM
Zimm
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Manic stage 1 vs stage 2/downpipe- any negatives?

I'm losing sleep on going with Mariokart's stage 1 manic tune, or stage 2 with the cat-free downpipe. Are there any real negatives to the stage 2 setup other than the extra $650, not being emissions legal, and of course the "fun" of installing it? It's an extra 20hp at least, and the engine should actually run cooler and hopefully less stressed being "uncorked" on the downpipe.

Looking forward to any inputs.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:47 AM
E-ROXSPIN
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Zimm
I'm losing sleep on going with Mariokart's stage 1 manic tune, or stage 2 with the cat-free downpipe. Are there any real negatives to the stage 2 setup other than the extra $650, not being emissions legal, and of course the "fun" of installing it? It's an extra 20hp at least, and the engine should actually run cooler and hopefully less stressed being "uncorked" on the downpipe.

Looking forward to any inputs.

Sounds like all positives to me

I have Marios's Stage II+, running on Methanol. You can see my mods in my sig. I would have to say, I have not had one negative result from this tune and his DP. Everyone gives me props on the sound. And as for performance, Lovin it every minute I am motoring

If you have the extra cash for a DP, you wont regret it. And with the tune, things are just running better/more efficient than stock. As for emissions, the tune blocks any codes an OBD scan would pick up. I've been passing emissions since 2014.

Good luck...

Old 05-12-2017, 10:58 AM
b.coate
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was looking at a stage 4 kit from Mini Mania (http://new.minimania.com/part/G2NMK4...4-2012-R60-R61) for my 2015 R60 all4. I have not been able to find any reviews on this package and they don’t list to many band names. Does anyone have any info on this kit? Should I piece it together myself? I am very interested in hearing your thoughts. Also I have been hearing a lot of talk about upgrading the supercharger pulleys as one of the first upgrades, but I didn’t think that Minis came with supercharges. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:21 AM
Crazy Airborne
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The brand names are all in the descriptions on that Mini Mania Page