North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Cooper (non S) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/cooper-non-s-138/)
-   -   Mod ideas? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/cooper-non-s/299733-mod-ideas.html)

TheClassyMonk 02-29-2016 09:40 AM

Mod ideas?

So i have a 2002 mini cooper base, and i want to make it better obviously. Other than sway bars what should i add to it? I have a cold air intake already.

PelicanParts.com 02-29-2016 10:41 AM

I'd suggest working on the suspension. Upgrading your bushings to Powerflex HERE will improve the handling and performance of your MINI. Lowering it can help as well. We have some spring or coil over options HERE. I prefer coil overs as you have the ability to change the ride height and depending on which ones you go with, adjust the dampening. That coupled with the bushings and Hotchkis adjustable control arms HERE will all go nicely with an upgraded rear sway bar. Also, look into some strut tower reinforcement plates HERE if you haven't already. Let me know if you have any questions! :)

Joshs_R50 03-03-2016 05:57 AM

So far I have lowered mine with springs, made a great difference in the twisties:grin: an exhaust because I'm not driving a Prius, and as of yesterday I put a bottle on it to give it some balls. I don't know if I would recommend the nitrous yet but I'd definitely recommend suspension and exhaust:thumbsup:

06supercooper 09-08-2016 11:58 AM

I'm working on mine right now
It's getting full suspension control arms, sway bar, coilovers, full body kit. relocating the battery to the trunk, full exhaust, race cam, a/c delete, power steering delete, rear seat delete, way bigger injectors, turbo (tbt), and one hell of a tune

TheClassyMonk 09-08-2016 02:45 PM

Parts list?

Originally Posted by 06supercooper (Post 4241871)
I'm working on mine right now
It's getting full suspension control arms, sway bar, coilovers, full body kit. relocating the battery to the trunk, full exhaust, race cam, a/c delete, power steering delete, rear seat delete, way bigger injectors, turbo (tbt), and one hell of a tune

Can i get a list of your parts? The parts i am finding are ment specifically for the s model chassis and engine.

06supercooper 09-08-2016 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by TheClassyMonk (Post 4241935)
Can i get a list of your parts? The parts i am finding are ment specifically for the s model chassis and engine.

Msd ignition
Megan racing headers
Magma flow cat back exhaust
DDM works CAI
way motor works race cam
WMW ac delete
Condor speed shop Power steering delete
Bytetronik tuner

A bunch of suspension parts from Alta and Megan racing

And anything I can't find I'm fabricating

Look into outmotoring.com
Waymotorworks.com
Madness motorworks.com
Promini.com

That's all I can remember off hand

TheClassyMonk 09-08-2016 06:28 PM

Thanks

Originally Posted by 06supercooper (Post 4241975)
Msd ignition
Megan racing headers
Magma flow cat back exhaust
DDM works CAI
way motor works race cam
WMW ac delete
Condor speed shop Power steering delete
Bytetronik tuner

A bunch of suspension parts from Alta and Megan racing

And anything I can't find I'm fabricating

Look into outmotoring.com
Waymotorworks.com