North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   ClubMINI.ph (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/clubmini-ph-161/)
-   -   Performance Driving School and Track Day (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/clubmini-ph/79113-performance-driving-school-and-track-day.html)

GTV 09-14-2006 01:15 AM

Performance Driving School and Track Day

Guys,

Would you be interested in this? To be handled by Kookie Ramirez at Subic International Raceway....

3 weekends in October and in November are available. Sessions are whole day - we can drive home back to Manila but we could get in pretty late, like 11pm, and we would be rather tired. We can stay overnight at some nice hotel and it would be good fun driving back late Sunday, spending the morning sightseeing or shopping.

We can get the whole track for 10k no matter how many cars. We can invite the Euro boys to spread the cost. The driving school is additional 2k per driver, minimum 5 drivers. If we have 10 cars, they will bring in another instructor, like Kookie's wife.

I guess we can bring in whatever car we like to use on the track, preferably the one you use most of the time. I am inclined to use the MINI as this is the only car we have not tried on the track.

GTV 09-14-2006 02:33 AM

check out this link for track day intro......

www.totalkitcar.com/tkc_article_182.php

edgab 09-14-2006 04:35 AM

interested...:thumbsup:

GTV 09-14-2006 06:42 AM

We have 2 people interested already - Qnz and Ed. If we have 5, we can start 1 class but all 5 will share the cost of the track fee @ 2k each. Add 2k pa for drive school fee. When we can form a class, we can discuss available dates na.

If we can get 2 classes or 10 people, that's 1k each lang for the track fee. If others want to just drive on the track and not take the lessons, ok rin. They can share in the track fee na lang para we have the raceway exclusively.

mini_macky 09-15-2006 06:52 AM

pwede ha. sounds interesting

yorkbv 09-16-2006 12:18 AM

I am interested, Eric. Hope schedule allows. October is toxic month for me.

johnD 09-17-2006 03:20 AM

Sounds good!! This brings back memories of the tire wall and the water inside of it! haha.

John

GTV 09-18-2006 01:10 AM

Do I take it that if we sked in Nov., we can have the following people?

1 Ed
2 Macky
3 York
4 John
5 Eric

6 Qnz (Euro)
7 MDC (Euro)
8 Lio ? (Euro)

3 more people to make 2 classes - Derick, bring the LC or Volvo!
What about the others? Van, Janille (this is highly recommended for new drivers).
It would be best if we have Selu and Martin coming along, even if they do not join the course. They are veteran trackers we can all learn from.

yorkbv 12-08-2006 12:18 AM

Eric, any news on this?

Originally Posted by GTV (Post 1137957)
Do I take it that if we sked in Nov., we can have the following people?

1 Ed
2 Macky
3 York
4 John
5 Eric

6 Qnz (Euro)
7 MDC (Euro)
8 Lio ? (Euro)

3 more people to make 2 classes - Derick, bring the LC or Volvo!
What about the others? Van, Janille (this is highly recommended for new drivers).
It would be best if we have Selu and Martin coming along, even if they do not join the course. They are veteran trackers we can all learn from.

GTV 12-08-2006 12:28 AM

Drive School

Maybe next year na after January.
BMW Car Club has confirned a sked na on January so instructors have been booked na by them.
We can sked ours after that. Costs from 4k up.

yorkbv 12-29-2006 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by GTV (Post 1260393)
Maybe next year na after January.
BMW Car Club has confirned a sked na on January so instructors have been booked na by them.
We can sked ours after that. Costs from 4k up.

Eric, i posted another thread about this. Would you like to take over? Maybe the Euro boys can join so we can do this. Also, the 5k was what Joselu mentioned that Kookie quoted. Maybe inclusive of track drive. You might have a way to ask Kookie to bring it lower.