Classic Mini Talk Interested in the Classic Mini? Discuss the Classic and its variants here!

73 Innocenti 1300 Export on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 07:27 PM
veggivet
6th Gear
Received 110 Likes on 95 Posts
73 Innocenti 1300 Export on eBay

Has anybody else spotted the 73 Innocenti Export that is currently up on eBay? Seller has provided a VERY detailed description of the car, and some very good quality photos. Just wondering what the people who frequent this board think of it. I can't provide a link, as it against NAM policy, but if you just search for it in eBay motors, (I used mini cooper Innocenti) click on "Cars and Trucks", and there is only one result. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:18 AM
TA2DMAC
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow that thing is in minit condition. has had a lot of nice upgrades too. It seams all the registration tags on the door and engine bay are missing though.That could be because the car has been re-painted/ restored. Looks like a nice car if the price is right.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:28 AM
veggivet
6th Gear
Either that or it is another reVIN. I don't like the facgt that the engine has a MORRIS badge on it.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Gizmo
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is possible that the engine was swapped during the restoration instead of using the existing engine.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Capt_bj
OVERDRIVE
Received 281 Likes on 237 Posts
when did it become a no-no to post a link to a car for sale listing?

You can also post a picture here, just open the eBay listing and copy the url of a photo then stick that in the post here

TaDaaaaa

I get curious in the first two lines of the description . . .

1973 Innocenti (Mini) 1300 "Export"

Rare Italian Version of the Infamous Mini Cooper "S"

Didn't the Cooper & S go out of production in 1971? I'm not aware that Inno' had a significantly longer run altho Walton's book does mention that some of the out of UK builders continued to makes Cooper and S using parts bought previously; but 2 years????? I worry it is a Cooper wanna be.... I have one of those, but don't try to pass it off AS a Cooper (or S).

Or maybe I mis interp' and a 1300 export was supposed to BE a Cooper S look-like . . .
{edit - the full ad/description explains this.}

It's not a bad looking car. The price seems low for a good Mini ESP'LY in CA.

p.s. wrt to the MORRIS comment - from the listing
The engine bay is spotless (Note: Morris emblem on valve cover is incorrect, the engine is an Innocenti)

Last edited by Capt_bj; 01-21-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:55 PM
LIL PIGG
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by veggivet
Either that or it is another reVIN. I don't like the facgt that the engine has a MORRIS badge on it.

so you don't like Morris Minis??? Why?

Old 01-21-2012, 04:03 PM
veggivet
6th Gear
Captain bj, thanx for posting the picture. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on this site about it being a no-no to post links to eBay, though I do see them pretty often. I think the word "Export" denotes the fact that these cars were manufactured in Italy for export to other countries, but I could be mistaken. I'm not an expert on this by any means.

Lil Pigg, I have nothing against Morris Minis, in fact I have one myself. I'm just trying to research the Innocenti a little, and it looks like this is a genuine Inno that has had a nice restoration job.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Gizmo
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did Inno ever use Morris engines instead of producing their own? I don't know much about them...just brainstorming.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:51 PM
TA2DMAC
3rd Gear
Your right about the Cooper S went out of production before 73. However the 1300 was a hybrid of the GT and the S and gave 71 hp. It just looks like a few things don't add up, as far as this being an "Export". If you notice the steering wheel on this mini is for a non-export. Its holes in the steering wheel arms and the center cap has an "i" and not the "L" which was only put on the Export. The toggles have the wrong Symbols for an export, although very close. Finally this car has a fan switch and rear defrost switch bellow the Toggles on the left, which were only available on the Non-Export. Even though this may not be an Export or Non-export parts were used in the Restoration, it is still a very well restored Inno 1300 and the Vin# does indicate that this care was made in Dec of 73 which should range from the 12261th to 13487th Inno made. Even though it's not as valued as the Inno 998's it's still considered the Top of the Line. Also In the early years of the Inno's leftover parts were often used, which is why they have different foot pedal sizes and configurations, so a Morris cover would not be that unusual.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:28 AM
cmt52663
6th Gear
Received 293 Likes on 222 Posts
Originally Posted by TA2DMAC
Your right about the Cooper S went out of production before 73. However the 1300 was a hybrid of the GT and the S and gave 71 hp. It just looks like a few things don't add up, as far as this being an "Export". If you notice the steering wheel on this mini is for a non-export. Its holes in the steering wheel arms and the center cap has an "i" and not the "L" which was only put on the Export. The toggles have the wrong Symbols for an export, although very close. Finally this car has a fan switch and rear defrost switch bellow the Toggles on the left, which were only available on the Non-Export. Even though this may not be an Export or Non-export parts were used in the Restoration, it is still a very well restored Inno 1300 and the Vin# does indicate that this care was made in Dec of 73 which should range from the 12261th to 13487th Inno made. Even though it's not as valued as the Inno 998's it's still considered the Top of the Line. Also In the early years of the Inno's leftover parts were often used, which is why they have different foot pedal sizes and configurations, so a Morris cover would not be that unusual.
Damn! Done this sort of thing before have you?

Kind regards,

Charlie

Old 01-22-2012, 03:52 AM
veggivet
6th Gear
Great info TA2DMAC! I think I can see an old steering wheel in the box of parts way down at the end of the photos. I've been searching around the interwebs for Innocentis, and found this same car for sale on MiniMania. The owner is Ed George, and he is asking 20k, so his reserve must be close to that. I've got this on my watch list, and will be curious to see how high the bidding gets in this economy.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:12 AM
TA2DMAC
3rd Gear
Thanks, no haven't done it before but when I get that "Wait a minute?" feeling, I'll research something down to the fine details. Part of if it may be because of one of the aspects of my job (Quality control) and part just need to know. My wife hates it. She's the OCD spender, you know....Oh Shiny, must have. I guess we balance each other out. I also saw the Export wheel in the box, which is why I'm thinking it may have been part of the restoration.

By the way I found a good Inno site while researching, inno-mini-world.com.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:33 AM
veggivet
6th Gear
Yes, I found that site too, and found lots of worthwhile info. Something tells me getting parts for them won't be easy. Most of the links there are for places in Italy.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Capt_bj
OVERDRIVE
Received 281 Likes on 237 Posts
Originally Posted by veggivet
Captain bj, thanx for posting the picture. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on this site about it being a no-no to post links to eBay, though I do see them pretty often.
excerpts from the site guidelines:

NO OTHER SITES
Advertising of products or solicitation of traffic for other websites is forbidden without prior express written permission from North American Motoring staff.

SIGNATURES
A maximum of 300 characters OR an image with dimensions of 500 pixels wide by 100 pixels and filesize of 30KB or less is allowed. Links to commercial web-sites are not allowed without prior express written permission from North American Motoring staff. (emphesis mine)

VENDOR
If you wish to advertise and/or perform market research on North American Motoring, you must be a paying vendor.

these are the references that might pertain to posting links that I find and I don't see anything that proscribes posting a link to a 'for sale' listing . . .

Old 01-30-2012, 11:14 AM
veggivet
6th Gear
High bid was just north of 18k, below the reserve.