North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Cincinnati MINI Club (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/cincinnati-mini-club-119/)
-   -   Anyone live near Enthusiast Auto Group in Cincinnati? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/cincinnati-mini-club/239653-anyone-live-near-enthusiast-auto-group-in-cincinnati.html)

bhegg 10-25-2012 08:51 AM

Anyone live near Enthusiast Auto Group in Cincinnati?

Hello! I'm interested in purchasing a car from Enthusiast Auto Group at 11608 Reading Rd, Cincinnati and I was hoping that I could get in touch with someone around there that could look over the car. If the car looks good cosmetically and I can get an idea of its service history, then I might fly out there to get a PPI.

If anyone could spare some time to take a look at the car, please let me know. I can PM you the details.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

KMalinich 01-01-2013 05:22 PM

I know this is probably way too late, but..

I knew someone that used to work there as their Internet sales/presence manager.

They do really great work and a great bunch of guys. The only thing I could say against them is that they buy up so many BMWs from such a wide area that they actually inflate the price of the BMW models they deal with.

bhegg 01-02-2013 06:02 AM

Thanks. Yeah, I decided to hold on to my MCS for now. I see what you're saying about EAG. My friend referred to their site as a time machine.

The upside is that if you're a BMW enthusiast they make these cars available all in one place when normally some of these hard-to-find cars would be, well, hard to find. It is convenient, and I guess we have to pay for that convenience.

Unfortunately, we don't have much choice if we really want one of those cars - unless we want to spend tons of time on the web to find the car before EAG does. Sure, people can take a stand and not buy from them, but if you really want one of the cars in their inventory, what can you do? If you want an E30 M3, where else are you going to find one so readily?

I guess I'm trying to be rational and philosophical and not get irritated about the inflated prices...

KMalinich 01-02-2013 10:30 AM

I mean, I don't like them as much as the next guy, but they are a business, in business to make money. Can't dislike them for being good at that.

But, I understand.

Helix13mini 01-02-2013 02:06 PM

They are holding a number of M Coupes (especially the S54 variant). I think that they are actually inflating the market price for these cars, which is amazing for one dealership.

bhegg 01-02-2013 05:09 PM

Using Wiki as a layman's guide, this whole thing with EAG could be considered a monopoly in that they hold a dominant position in the market. Okay, maybe not strictly a monopoly by definition, but they definitely collect the most desirable M cars out there.

Helix13mini 01-03-2013 06:30 AM

Well 'good on him' if he gets that money for the cars. He has a S54 M Coupe with just a couple of thousand miles advertised for $56,000! If that's the going price, mine's for sale.:lol: