Chicago MINI Motoring Club The Chicago MINI Motoring Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.chicagominiclub.com

Who wants to kart at road america (this weekend!)??

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 01:54 PM
sickmint79
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who wants to kart at road america (this weekend!)??

anybody want to do some high speed karting up by road america? they have a large (0.8 mile) karting course. it is actually inside the main 4 mile race track - the karting track is inside the carousel. if you have been to chicago indoor racing this is a little like that - only the track is wider and larger, it is outdoors, and the karts are a good bit faster. just as with CIR you get print outs of your lap times when all the racing is done.
here's a video of a version of the course (its configured by race and group size i believe): Road America | Road Racing at its Best! | Briggs & Stratton Motorplex

date:
may 31st, late morning, 10 or 11am
cost:
$105
i'm actually going to be up there for a work thing. trying to get enough people interested in doing this, but it's like $300 a person unless you get a group of 30 or more. so far i have a gap until i reach that 30 based on work people alone. we are only doing this if we get 30 people. so i'm trying to find others interested in heading up. looking for people who are willing to commit and fairly soon so i can make this happen. fyi concessions will be open and there will be SCCA races going on all day on the 4 mile race track around us. please respond to this thread or PM me if you are interested!
***** UPDATES ***** from RA
sessions would probably be 10 karts at a time and approximately 8 minutes. at the end of each session everyone would receive a print out of their lap times. the entire event would last approximately 2 hours. everyone would get at least 4 sessions on the track. i believe this ends up being more seat time per $ vs. CIR plus you are on faster karts on a big outdoor track. should be extremely fun.
if you want to watch the SCCA races outside of the area we're in i believe you'd have to pay general admission, if you wanted to hang around and watch the races from this area for a while it would not cost anything.
-------------
1-19. sickmint79 + coworkers (about 66% of coworkers have taken survey; closes may 16th a few more should be picked up)
20. november on mwir.net
21. november's friend yadel
22. 16gkid on mwir.net
23-26. triple_s1x on nasioc.com + 3 friends
27. lazyfong (eddie) on mwir.net
28. flip240 (phil) on mwir.net
29. raudis on mwir.net
30-33. nevets87 on nasioc + 3 friends
***** MONEY *****
we are at critical mass - i need to start collecting money. i need 50% of the total cost as a deposit, and the whole thing needs to be paid for before race day. I would appreciate a full payment up front but if you can only swing a partial at the moment we can work something out. PM me if you want my address for a check - else you can find me on paypal at mike@developer10.com. the total price is $105, but if you pay via paypal please cover the transaction fees by sending me $108.44 per person. send your username with payment so i know who you are please. i have a large amount of paypal and ebay transactions you can peruse if you are concerned about sending your money. would appreciate payment asap. thanks guys, it's going to be a lot of fun!

Old 05-27-2009, 02:16 PM
PiercedMini
3rd Gear
It is a really fun track! We race motorcycles there and it is great.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:27 PM
sickmint79
Neutral
i need to fully commit to this by noon tomorrow - at present i do not have enough people. the people signed up are really set on going - if you are interested please let me know ASAP and arrange payment ASAP. should be ridiculously fun!