North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Chicago MINI Motoring Club (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/chicago-mini-motoring-club-44/)
-   -   Chicagoland MINI spottings! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/chicago-mini-motoring-club/15895-chicagoland-mini-spottings.html)

TrippleBeem 09-14-2005 06:51 PM

Kenchan

Kenchan, do you live over by bryn mawr and Lincoln in chicago???

I keep seeing a car identical to yours over there....

Holler

Ryan

kenchan 09-15-2005 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by 2perCooper
I'm glad to hear that your wife is ok. Car can be fixed/replaced, people can't. I saw your pics today. They came out pretty sweet :thumbsup:

You know you want to buy my car!! :wink:

:lol: yeh, I would like to take your front aero bumper and swap it with mine... you have like zero chips. I would be interested but not sure how much you're going to charge... so... hummm. :razz:

kenchan 09-15-2005 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by TrippleBeem
Kenchan, do you live over by bryn mawr and Lincoln in chicago???
I keep seeing a car identical to yours over there....
Holler
Ryan

no, im in the burbs. :smile: but whoever that is has excellent taste.

kenchan 09-17-2005 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by CtotheP
Kenchan - was there a blond female driver? If so it was probably my wife, she's driving my IB/B MCS for a week or two while I get her Touareg.....I'm surprised we haven't seen each other since we both live in Schaumburg, I'm always crusing around the Woodfield area...

I think I saw your wife again today (sat 9/17)... :lol:
10:30am PennyRd. in my silver G35C again. :grin:

rpterson 09-18-2005 07:59 AM

Was home to Polo, IL over the week of Aug 20. Tried to explain to all my relatives what a MINI was (even showed them my scrapbook). During a drive around Polo (SW of Rockford) we spot an '05 JB/JB MCS! It had personalized plates, and I caught it on video, but I'd have to review the video to get the number. Nice MINI! Anyone here?

WriteStuff 09-18-2005 08:15 AM

Saw a PH convert, top down, Lake Cook Rd. turned onto Rand Rd 10 a.m. 9/17. I know it's not anyone on the board. No waive!

TrippleBeem 09-18-2005 07:40 PM

Kenchan

Are you in the northern suburbs, like somewhere in lake county? I love lake county romping, I hung out with people from Stevenson while i was in high school and i've spent countless hours cruising the twisty's of northern illinois...

When i take delivery of my mini we should romp some roads...

ryan

gtshnzr 09-18-2005 09:50 PM

Kenchan

Are you in the northern suburbs, like somewhere in lake county? I love lake county romping, I hung out with people from Stevenson while i was in high school and i've spent countless hours cruising the twisty's of northern illinois...

ryan

come on out to beautiful Lake County and enjoy a crisp fall day:

http://www.chicagominiclub.com/2005/...ober_16th.html

DrkSilver163 09-18-2005 10:06 PM

whose gonna be out there? i hope to be

TrippleBeem 09-18-2005 10:12 PM

I will hopefully take delivery of my MCS before oct 16th, if i do, I'll be there. I will probably be in my Brake in Period, so I wont be able to romp to hard, but it will still be fun!

Ryan

kenchan 09-19-2005 05:22 AM

no, im in the western burbs. :smile: northern, il twisties, huh? I must
see this. :grin:

Kenchan

ryan

gtshnzr 09-19-2005 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by kenchan
no, im in the western burbs. :smile: northern, il twisties, huh? I must
see this. :grin:

there really are several nice roads up in Lake Co. Not very Dragon US129-like, but rolling and scenic nonetheless, with a few curves here and there. Come on out, it should be fun.

eechan 09-25-2005 10:31 AM

who's got the R/W MCS over at Chicago Indoor Racing? They have the URL for their place in the back window so I know it's somebody computer literate. Are they on here?

ernesto 09-25-2005 06:54 PM

One of the owners of http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com has a Red/White MCS. They sometimes have it on display in the track area inside..

I suspect we will be having another event out there a bit later in the year!!

TrippleBeem 10-13-2005 08:28 AM

I stalked you last night...

You were in a DS MCS with checkered mirror covers and an Oasis sticker on your rear. I was in my Civic, silver with no hubcaps. I saw you coming down lincoln and then caught up with you at western turning left into Bowmanville.... i made some quick turns to follow you and then pulled a sketchy u-turn after you parked. You gave me the stink eye, which was understandable as I was totally stalking you!

I live on Summerdale and Paulina, and I am picking my new '06 up from Knauz tomrow, we should go motor sometime!!!

Ryan

Mark Hirt 10-13-2005 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by ernesto
One of the owners of http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com has a Red/White MCS. They sometimes have it on display in the track area inside..

From what I understand the car is currently for sale.

It's a JCW with a rear camera and TV system

ernesto 10-14-2005 03:36 PM

I am picking my new '06 up from Knauz tomrow, we should go motor sometime!!!
TrippleBeem: Come on out to the Chicago area Lake County Rally this Sunday.. Perfect way to get a few break-in miles

Saw an EB/W MCS with Mini-sota plates northbound on Edens near Golf road this morning with a Semi truck running 12 inches off his back bumper. I was on the motorcycle, so I didn't wave.

DanC 10-17-2005 10:46 AM

saw the blue fishy

I finally got to throw a big smile and wave last Saturday to the EB/W Cooper S with the big blue fish decals on the doors. :thumbsup:

We share a long stretch of the morning commute except she goes in the opposite direction and I usually don't drive the my Mini to work, so it was very frustrating to throw a wave and get nothing in return. This time I was heading home from a different direction and she happened to be going the same way. She threw me a nice peace sign in return this time. :smile: that totally made my day.

I zip around the northwest burbs in a DS/B Cooper S w/bonnet stripes, so if u see me be sure to toss a wave in my direction.

happy motoring
DanC

DrkSilver163 10-17-2005 12:56 PM

i am also in the NW burbs sporting a DS/B Cooper S with bonnet stripes:thumbsup: ...Park Ridge rules!

TrippleBeem 10-19-2005 04:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by DrkSilver163
i am also in the NW burbs sporting a DS/B Cooper S with bonnet stripes:thumbsup: ...Park Ridge rules!

I work at Golf Mill, I always park on the Greenwood side near the Sears Automotive center. I work at the US Cellular Kiosk (GO SOX!) just south of SEars, come stop by sometime... i usually get off at 9:15pm, lets race down milwaukee and test out my Passport 8500 x50!

Enclosed is a picture of my Mini next to the Sears automotive center in its favorite spot!

Ryan

omascow 10-24-2005 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by DrkSilver163

So you are the other DS/B MCS in Park Ridge. I've seen you car parked around town. I used to call you my Mini's doppelganger, untill I put on my rally lights, boot stripes and stickers (I like to be unique):nod:

DrkSilver163 10-25-2005 01:37 PM

damn i wanted to get those boos stripes, too! Now i dont want to copy, ill have to figure something else out...i really want that aero kit, hmm...:thumbsup:

pdflint 10-28-2005 11:04 AM

Yesterday afternoon I spotted what I beleive to be an '05 MCS, DS/B with bonnet stripes. We were both NB on the Dan Ryan right by the home of the

2005 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX :thumbsup:

I continued towards downtown while the other car headed towards LSD and the Stevenson.

TrippleBeem 10-29-2005 05:43 PM

SPOTTED! CR/B MCS, no bonnet stripes, headed south on Milwaukee just past Dempster. I switched lanes, honked, and got a wave in return!

Like your style...

Join my CR/B club!

Ryan

club thread:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...987#post689987

spec35 11-01-2005 10:10 AM

We live in Joliet - have had our MINI since July, have crossed paths with many MINI's and so far only ONE return wave. What gives?