North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Chicago MINI Motoring Club (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/chicago-mini-motoring-club-44/)
-   -   MMAC Banner at the Spring Drive (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/chicago-mini-motoring-club/129934-mmac-banner-at-the-spring-drive.html)

MiniMac2005 02-21-2008 10:50 PM

MMAC Banner at the Spring Drive

Hello Chicagoland MINI friends!!!

The MINIs Motoring Against Cancer banner will be making a stop at the CMMC Spring Drive on MAR 9th. click link for original thread: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...05#post2050405

Donations will be accepted for the American Cancer Society in honor of my friend and BRG buddy MiniShagz (see link below)

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/MMAC_MiniShagz

Tom's year long battle with multiple myeloma is going well, but it's not over yet. With his blessings, he's allowed me to honor him in this small way and to raise awareness of the ongoing fight against cancer. I'm inspired by his courage and determination throughout this whole ordeal, I hope you will be too.

If you plan on attending the Drive, I encourage you to donate online before 3/9. Likewise, I will accept checks made out to the American Cancer Society. All contributors will get to sign the banner before it makes it's next trip to AMVIV courtesy of AllBlack05S. Can't make the drive?? that's ok, I'll put your name on the banner for you if a donation is received online.

*** UPDATE ***

Chicago Indoor Racing (CIR) has donated four (4) "Arrive & Drive" passes that will be raffled off at the Drive. Proceeds will be donated towards the MMAC fundraiser.

Passes will be raffled off individually. Raffle Tickets will be sold at the beginning, first rest stop and before the drawing at lunch. Cash accepted for tickets - $1 each, 8 for $5, 15 for $10.

please note: this fundraiser is NOT a CMMC sponsored or endorsed activity. I'm doing this in the spirit of charity, hope and friendship for Tom and everyone else touched by cancer...

ernesto 02-22-2008 05:40 AM

Thanks for doing this!!!

I'll be putting in my donation tonight.

AutoXCooper.com 02-22-2008 06:09 AM

:thumbsup: Will have check with me.

MiniShagz 02-22-2008 02:03 PM

You guys absolutely rock! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'm pretty much have been moved to tears over this. There has been on goal since I was stricken with this, is that I wanted something good to come out of it. There has been plenty, but this is fantastic. I'm just sorry that I can't make drive with the CMMC and the MM, because I'd be motoring with the best! :)

Thanks a million!

Ords 02-23-2008 05:02 AM

I'll be making a donation too!

Broadwayliberty 02-28-2008 03:17 PM

Donated today! Thanks for doing this Francis, great cause! MiniShagz, keep fighting the good fight!

MiniMac2005 02-28-2008 06:43 PM

Thanks for the donations so far!! this is just my little way to pay it forward (as they say on Oprah).

if anyone is interested, the banner hand-off is this SUN in the Dells. A couple of us are going up to meet my 'Sota MINIs friends for lunch and the banner.

THEMightyMini 03-02-2008 03:41 PM

What a great meet today! Perfect weather with great people. It's always fantastic to meet new people. Thanks for having us along. Tom you ROCK - keep up the good fight and don't lose faith! :) Noreen

MiniMac2005 03-02-2008 05:03 PM

Thanks to everyone who came out for the MINI roadtrip today for the banner hand-off! It was really great to see so many clubs represented today:
  • 'Sota MINIs - sranderle and njbed
  • Milwaukee MINIs - mauberley and MiniShagz
  • Madison MINIs - francisk
  • Chicago MINIs - Paul, AllBlack05S, THEMightyMini and me :grin:
The weather was almost perfect.. a little chilly for me actually... we ate at Pizzaria Uno in the Dells, chatted for a bit and finally handed the banner over. Took a few pictures and even delivered a set of wheels/rims (yes.. 17's do fit in the back of a cabrio :lol: )

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2082/...f4b13ec59f.jpg

L to R: sranderle, MINIShagz, MiniMac2005.. and the MMAC banner :thumbsup:

AllBlack05S 03-02-2008 07:12 PM

Great time. Nice to meet everyone. Tom you've got the spirit to get you through I can tell keep fightin'.

The odd thing is out of 7 cars there were 5 people with Francis in their name. Its a sign. I had to be involved.

ernesto 03-02-2008 07:49 PM

Great job guys!!

Thanks Francis(s) for doing this

sranderle 03-02-2008 08:04 PM

It was great meeting more people coming out to support a
FANTASTIC cause!!

Tom, I wish you nothing but the best.

I look forward to seeing everyone again later this year as we set up the first 'Sota MINIs, Milwaukee MINIs, Madison MINIs, Chicago MINIs get together.

Have a great drive and successful event next weekend.

Uncle Stinky

AutoXCooper.com 03-03-2008 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by MiniMac2005 (Post 2053241)
*** UPDATE ***

Chicago Indoor Racing (CIR) has donated four (4) "Arrive & Drive" passes that will be raffled off at the Drive. Proceeds will be donated towards the MMAC fundraiser.

please note: this fundraiser is NOT a CMMC sponsored or endorsed activity. I'm doing this in the spirit of charity, hope and friendship for Tom and everyone else touched by cancer...

How much will tickets be?

MiniShagz 03-04-2008 08:10 AM

Thanks!!

I can't thank you guys enough for making March 2nd a special day! :thumbsup: It was great to meet some new faces! Hopefully, it won't be too much longer before we cross paths again. Here are my pictures from out March 2nd excursion. Sorry, no captions on them yet.

I'm totally looking forward to the Spring Drive! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MiniMac2005 03-09-2008 07:30 PM

So the MMAC banner has been handed off to AllBlack05S (Eric & Noreen) and is awaiting a nice looong trip to AMVIV in a few weeks.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2369/...008bebcca6.jpg

First, I just want to say a big, HUGE, thank you to everyone who contributed! you've definitely shown what a great MINI community we have in the IL/WI area. I hope everyone who contributed had the opportunity to sign the banner.

Second, my goal was to raise $1000. An ambitious goal for sure, especially in such a short amount of time (1 week). As of this post we've raised $990.00 for the ACS! Imagine what we could do with a little more time!

Third, and most important, it was really great to see Tom (MiniShagz) and his brother at the Drive today. We're pulling for you big guy!!

Thanks again everyone! It's not too late to add to the total, click on the link in the first post to donate today :nod:

Paying it forward in a big way- Francis (MiniMac2005)

AllBlack05S 03-09-2008 08:33 PM

Great time. Thanks for all of the support from CMMC and Milwaukee Minis great group of folks. Steve, I have to remember to pay for an actual CMMC membership one of these times. Please remind me.:)

ernesto 03-10-2008 05:42 AM

Thanks for all of the support from CMMC and Milwaukee Minis great group of folks.
Glad you were out and had a good time.. That is the important part. Huge thanks for toting the banner on to AMVIV. Looking forward to seeing your other black car :thumbsup:

MiniMac2005 03-10-2008 09:59 AM

just a quick update. I remembered receiving a check from a member and when I tallied the monry last night, noticed it was missing. I looked in the car this morning and found it!! so the total now is $990!!

I'm throwing in $10 from my MOTD fund and our total now is $1000, thus reaching our goal. Thanks again eveyone for your support!!!