North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Carlisle MINI (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/carlisle-mini-179/)
-   -   Wondering about Carlisle Owner's Club (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/carlisle-mini/108866-wondering-about-carlisle-owners-club.html)

arby 07-28-2007 06:59 PM

Wondering about Carlisle Owner's Club

Hi there. I am new to this and the world of mini's. Actually, I'm still investigating the entire thing before deciding to purchase. I live in Hanover, PA and this is a nice discovery. How big is the group? How often do you meet? Events? And most important, what dealer do most of you use?

Storm180 08-04-2007 07:28 AM

Not to Thread-Jack Arby, but I'm kindof in the same boat. I live in Pittsburgh, but grew up in York and still make it back to see friends from time to time. It would be great to have some MINI-friends to hang with as well.

Oh, Arby - the only two dealers in PA are P&W here in Pittsburgh (Oakland actually - near Pitt campus) and MINI of the Main Line (where I bought Charlie) in Philly. I haven't been back to Main Line since the purchase but thats only for the sheer logistics of driving 300+ miles to get there. I've heard they're great with the MINI clubbers and my experience there was top-notch. P&W is very active with the Pittstop MINI group here and is a great dealership as well.

arby 08-14-2007 11:31 AM

Thanks Storm180 for your input. I was in Philly a few weekends ago. Just wondering, who did you deal with? If you had a goo experiece with your sales rep let me know. The guy I spoke with really seamed standoffish. Made me not want to go back there.

Storm180 08-14-2007 11:53 AM

Michelle Tatham was the manager who initially helped me and Tony Kasser was my M.A.

Again, I can't say enough good things about both of them. We've all had nightmare buying experiences with cars, both new and used, but this was as simple, easy and customer-friendly as it could possibly get. And my day job is a retail manager, so I'm used to "customer service nightmare" stories. :)

Matoskah 08-14-2007 12:02 PM

Arby, check the minicooper.meetup.com/184/ for info on the Carlisle group and meetups. I just joined the group a few weeks ago and have only met one of the guys ( George ) at the Polish Mtn. Hill Climb. There are some members from down in your area though. I live in central PA near Raystown Lake and bought my 07 MCS from Mini of Pittsburgh since it was the nearest dealer to me. I moved up here from York about 7 years ago and this is my first Mini. The mountain roads up here are really great for the Mini's though.

Bad Buddha Mini 11-16-2007 06:37 AM

:thumbsup:

Originally Posted by arby (Post 1657184)
Hi there. I am new to this and the world of mini's. Actually, I'm still investigating the entire thing before deciding to purchase. I live in Hanover, PA and this is a nice discovery. How big is the group? How often do you meet? Events? And most important, what dealer do most of you use?

Hey!
My name is Ross & I am one of the assisant Organizers of the Carlisle Mini Cooper Meetup. If you want goto http://minicooper.meetup.com/184/:grin:
We have about almost 30 members and are still growing. This year was the first thatmyself and a few others came into the picture helping out the original organizer to get this to grow. We usally meet the sexcond Sat of every month. Next year los more RALLY's and better planning of events.
We will even be out to support other members such as George doing the HillClimbs. Membership is free and we welcome everybody. Post any questions you may have. Sorry again for the late responce. Busy year on my end. But I will be better at updating our NAM link!
As to what dealer do we use.. Some have gone to Pittsburg.... Some to Towson,MD. and there is always Mainline in Philly. I had bought my Mini slightly used from Bobby Rahal HONDA... Awsome place and the will even service there too. From one our members who works for a BMW dealership in the area there is going to be a MINI DEALERSHIP IN YORK!!!!!! Yes...YORK, PA has supposedly won the favor of a new Mini Dealership.
More details to come. ..

Till then Drive hard life is short!:thumbsup:
Ross

Bad Buddha Mini 11-16-2007 06:47 AM

Storm!

Originally Posted by Storm180 (Post 1670539)
York and still make it back to see friends from time to time. It would be great to have some MINI-friends to hang with as well..

:thumbsup:

What's up Storm!
You should deffinately stop in and join up so we can keep you up to date on whats going on.... There is also a great group out your way PITTSTOP MINI.
The just threw an awsome weekend of Mini Mania Racing and all at their first GYMNIKATA... I missed it but a few members made it and said it was unreal. They had the ENTIRE race track at BEAVERUN to themselves nothing but MINI's.:grin:
Bummed I missed it though. I think from what I have heard that there will be another in the spring.
We have a few Rally's planned for next year and the CARLISLE CAR SHOW is going to be huge this year and we want to invite ALL MINI's wanting to come to please contact our site to find out registration details. Trying to register this year as oNE huge MASS.... last year there was about 30 this year over 100 is the goal! Pass the word to all.. I will post details soon.

Look forward to seeing you join us soon!
Till then,
Wave to all MINIs ( no matter how much attitude)
Ross

Bad Buddha Mini 12-13-2007 12:53 PM

CORRECTION!!! As stated earlier " New dealership in YORK PA."
The new dealership will be in Allentown PA area our source was originally misinformed. Sorry if there was anyone looking forward to York.
Ross

john171 11-01-2011 01:39 PM

Carlisle MINI

Originally Posted by arby (Post 1657184)

I know is is a very old thread, but I just stumbled on to it and thought it would be good to do an update, check out our new website:
Carlisle MINI
We no longer are with Meet-up, but we have grown and now have over 150 members from PA and MD as well as a few from VA.
Members use different dealers for various reasons, I got my '07 S HB from MINI of Towson Md, they moved and are now MINI of Baltimore. Many of us have cars that are out of warranty and use local shops, my favorite is Swedish Motors in Marietta PA, they have MINI factory trained techs good prices and friendly service. Many of us also do our own upgrades, and that can be very rewarding! :grin:
We do monthly runs/meet and greet so check us out and come join us.

bigbodybenz 11-07-2011 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by john171 (Post 3389620)
I know is is a very old thread, but I just stumbled on to it and thought it would be good to do an update, check out our new website:
Carlisle MINI
We no longer are with Meet-up, but we have grown and now have over 140 members from PA and MD as well as a few from VA.
Members use different dealers for various reasons, I got my '07 S HB from MINI of Towson Md, they moved and are now MINI of Baltimore. Many of us have cars that are out of warranty and use local shops, my favorite is Swedish Motors in Marietta PA, they have MINI factory trained techs good prices and friendly service. Many of us also do our own upgrades, and that can be very rewarding! :grin:
We do monthly runs/meet and greet so check us out and come join us.

Good to know about Swedish Motors. I bought a Mini from York VW (where I work) and we have an outside shop look at all of our off-brand used vehicles. Since this is my first Mini, I'd love to have a specialized shop take a look at it and give me an idea of needed service and some suggestions going forward.

And I will definitely check out Carlisle Mini, so my wife and I can get involved with the Mini community.

john171 11-07-2011 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by bigbodybenz (Post 3392930)
Good to know about Swedish Motors. I bought a Mini from York VW (where I work) and we have an outside shop look at all of our off-brand used vehicles. Since this is my first Mini, I'd love to have a specialized shop take a look at it and give me an idea of needed service and some suggestions going forward.

And I will definitely check out Carlisle Mini, so my wife and I can get involved with the Mini community.

Glad to hear the update helped you out. :thumbsup:
Good luck with your new MINI, when you check out our site be sure to add some info on your car as well as about you and your wife, lots going on in the next few weeks :nod: so take a look at the planned events and hopefully we'll get to meet. :grin: