Bluegrass MINIs (Kentucky) The Bluegrass MINIs club forum. Visit our club site at http://www.bgminis.org/

Any Bowling Green kids out there?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 11:01 AM
SeVeReCaRaDdIcT
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you guys know anyone in town or in the general area looking for a Mini, I put mine on Craigslist last week for craps & giggles. NOT desperate to sell it (its paid for and I'm not stressin' over finances) just kinda wanting something else.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:40 PM
BobbyTheLee
1st Gear
Hey, this is a bit of an old thread but I'm originally from Bowling Green (Morgantown actually) and I just bought my first Mini yesterday. Dark Grey 2004 Mini Cooper S with White roof. It's wrecked right now but I'm brining it back to western Kentucky on Saturday to work on it. I'll be driving it around some this summer and I am at teaching assistant at WKU and UK so I'll be at WKU some in the fall and spring. Does anyone know of any autocross events in Bowling Green or Lexington this summer?

Old 06-09-2010, 07:30 PM
SeVeReCaRaDdIcT
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BobbyTheLee
Hey, this is a bit of an old thread but I'm originally from Bowling Green (Morgantown actually) and I just bought my first Mini yesterday. Dark Grey 2004 Mini Cooper S with White roof. It's wrecked right now but I'm brining it back to western Kentucky on Saturday to work on it. I'll be driving it around some this summer and I am at teaching assistant at WKU and UK so I'll be at WKU some in the fall and spring. Does anyone know of any autocross events in Bowling Green or Lexington this summer?
Does it have REALLY low miles (24k?) & have light damage up the side? The reason I ask is because I watched one go through the Copart auction in Lexington a few weeks ago and I was wondering where it ended up.

Edit: I see your other post and that's the car! If you're the one that bought it directly from the insurance company, you got a great deal on a nicely loaded, low mileage car. I ALMOST bid to fix it as a 'beater' car.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:32 PM
BobbyTheLee
1st Gear
Yeap, that's mine. Here's some pics. I'll have it in town when it's fixed. Just out of curiosity do you remember how much it sold for?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobbyth...7624167563642/

Old 06-09-2010, 07:36 PM
SeVeReCaRaDdIcT
2nd Gear
Yeap, that's mine. Here's some pics. I'll have it in town when it's fixed. Just out of curiosity do you remember how much it sold for?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobbyth...7624167563642/
$5,600 + buyer's fee (around $350) + $35 gate fee, + around $100 virtual bid fee. What 'rebuilder lot' ended up with it?

Old 06-09-2010, 07:41 PM
BobbyTheLee
1st Gear
It was a guy starting a new rebuildable lot called Kings Auto Sales and Salvage in Stanton, KY (eastern). I traded a 2002 Jeep Liberty with 168K mi and gave $3700 to boot. I'm hoping to have around $1,000 in fixing it since I can do all the work and get parts at shop prices. If you know of any R53's being parted out around KY let me know. There are a few parts that are kinda hard to find (side scuttle, chrome stock mirror caps, etc).

Old 06-09-2010, 07:46 PM
SeVeReCaRaDdIcT
2nd Gear
car-parts.com & ebay will be your new best friends. I don't know of anything right off but I know there are several SEVERELY flooded MINIs that will be coming out of Nashville in the next few weeks and I hope like hell they don't end up back on the road.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:51 PM
SeVeReCaRaDdIcT
2nd Gear
Like this one!

Old 06-10-2010, 03:57 AM
Scribbless
1st Gear
BobbyTheLee,

Jump over and register on www.bgminis.org when you get a chance. That is the Bluegrass MINI club. We are mostly out of Louisville and Lexington and all our events center around that area.

I am also from Bowling Green originally, but live and work in Lexington now after spending 10 years in the Navy.

As for autocross, I don't know any off hand, but Cookie on the club website might be able to point you in the right direction.

I look forward to meeting you and seeing the work you do on the new MINI.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:13 AM
Dinosaur
2nd Gear
Does anyone know of any autocross events in Bowling Green or Lexington this summer?
Well you have two options, the Kentucky Region (Louisville) or the Tennessee region (Smyrna/Nashville). I run with the TRSCCA, since their events are closer to BG. Your in luck they have an event this weekend (http://www.trscca.org/schedule.html) at the Nashville Superspeedway, about a hour and fifteen minute drive if you take the right way. Kentucky region use to have some events at Ft. Knox, but I have not seen any there for a while, the rest seem to be at Papa Johns Stadium in Louisville. the Birmingham Region has events at Milton Frank, about 2.5 to 3 hours drive, but I hear it's a great lot with lots of traction and speed. There are track events at the NSS track held by the Chattanooga Region and several car clubs, and some of us (TRSCCA Members) do a "work for track time" deal with them, so if you don't mind working a corner half the day, you can get on track for free (it's on the road course, and doesn't use the banked NASCAR turns). And there is always the Lexington Region, Tennessee Valley Region, Paducah Region to name a few( sorry if I missed anyone ). The TRSCCA web site has links to all these regions and many more (TRSCCA.COM). welcome to Bowling Green. Oh, by the way, the TRSCCA has two events a month on average from March through November, so there is a lot of opportunities to get your speed fix.

Old 06-11-2010, 05:19 PM
BobbyTheLee
1st Gear
Thanks for the Autocross info.

Does anyone know if there is someone near Bowling Green that can reprogram the computer on Minis? I've been having problems with my on board computer and I think its going to need to be reprogramed. Here's some details if you're interested.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...c-problem.html

Old 06-11-2010, 07:05 PM
SeVeReCaRaDdIcT
2nd Gear
Thanks for the Autocross info.

Does anyone know if there is someone near Bowling Green that can reprogram the computer on Minis? I've been having problems with my on board computer and I think its going to need to be reprogramed. Here's some details if you're interested.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...c-problem.html
You can try either BMW of Bowling Green or Plum Springs Garage. The guy that runs Plum Springs Garage drives a Cooper S and they do extensive work on BMWs, Mercedes, Jaguars, etc.

I have to be at BMW of BG in the morning for a pre-purchase inspection on my current car (selling it in hopes of getting another MINI) so I'll ask the service adviser.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:21 PM
BobbyTheLee
1st Gear
Originally Posted by SeVeReCaRaDdIcT
You can try either BMW of Bowling Green or Plum Springs Garage. The guy that runs Plum Springs Garage drives a Cooper S and they do extensive work on BMWs, Mercedes, Jaguars, etc.

I have to be at BMW of BG in the morning for a pre-purchase inspection on my current car (selling it in hopes of getting another MINI) so I'll ask the service adviser.

Awesome. Thanks for the help.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:21 AM
SeVeReCaRaDdIcT
2nd Gear
Awesome. Thanks for the help.
They can service the car, but can't do computer reprogramming. Apparently the dealership has to be a MINI dealership before they can get the licensing for the software?

In happier news, I sold my BMW so the search is on for a JCW MINI (2006+)

Old 06-15-2010, 12:47 PM
SeVeReCaRaDdIcT
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Scribbless
Jump over and register on www.bgminis.org when you get a chance.
Hey Scribbless, is BGMINIS down or something? Do you ever make it to any of the GTGs they have? I was wondering how my old MINI is doing. Cookie & Lavergne bought it and I REALLY miss it.

If you happen to see any 2006+ JCWs up your way with under 30k on the odometer, PLEASE let me know!

Old 11-28-2010, 10:01 PM
SeVeReCaRaDdIcT
2nd Gear
I saw a JCW tonight that I've not seen in town before. 2007+, British Racing Green, bike rack, KY biker's plate, with a bike up on the roofrack. I seriously got so distracted look at it (pulled up next to him on Scottsville Rd.) that I forgot where I was going.

If you read this and you noticed the guy in the blue Z4 for staring...Relax: I was staring at your car & not you.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:10 PM
RorySM
1st Gear
I'm closer to Owensboro but BG is not too far out of the way.
I know this thread is kind of dead, but does anyone know anyone in the BG area that's good with smaller maintanace things for a Cooper? Like oil changes, differentials, brake fluids, spark plugs etc?

Old 02-19-2014, 02:10 PM
SeVeReCaRaDdIcT
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RorySM
I'm closer to Owensboro but BG is not too far out of the way.
I know this thread is kind of dead, but does anyone know anyone in the BG area that's good with smaller maintanace things for a Cooper? Like oil changes, differentials, brake fluids, spark plugs etc?
Bob Hayes at Plumb Springs Garage in Bowling Green owns a MINI and is somewhat of an enthusiast I believe. He added a JCW package from the dealer to his.