Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK) AMOK is a club for enthusiasts that want to participate in the community, get together to learn about our MINIs, and love to drive curvy roads. Visit our club site at www.motoringamok.com

April 2010 Meet and Greet for AR MINI Owners Klub at BMW of LR

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 01:59 PM
aprilrain51
Coordinator:Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
April 2010 Meet and Greet for AR MINI Owners Klub at BMW of LR

Note from Klub President Greg Taylor:

AMOK members and fellow MINI owners,

Each month your MINI owners club gets together for a meet and greet on the second Tuesday of each month. This is a great opportunity to meet fellow MINI owners and discuss topics relevant to those of us who love our MINIs. For this month’s meeting (next Tuesday!!) we will be conducting a clinic at BMW of Little Rock.

Join us for pizza and beverages at the BMW service area to hear David Gibson, Service Manager, provide a clinic on services BMW can provide to both new and “out of warranty” MINI owners. He will review the maintenance work his BMW certified techs can do and parts he is keeping in stock to do typical maintenance tasks like oil changes. This is a great time to ask the service team technical questions about your MINI. One of our members, Gloria Weir, recently had an outstanding experience at the dealership. BMW of Little Rock is actively working to get a MINI dealership in Little Rock, and as a result they are very interested in getting involved with our club.

If you are looking for more options on where to have your MINI serviced or want to ask technical questions, join us Tuesday, March 9 at 6:00 at BMW of Little Rock. The pizza is on the club. I know you will have a good time! I look forward to seeing you there.

Regards,

Greg Taylor

AMOK

Old 03-20-2010, 08:04 AM
RVExotics
5th Gear
I was just wondering if we could get a report on what happened at this event. Earlier this week we stopped by BMW of LR since we were in town (test drove a 128i while there, woohoo!), and the salesman was pretty sure they did not have the demand or population to open or even begin servicing MINIs there. I find it hard to believe they don't have enough demand to at least service MINIs...I mean surely that would get them a sudden large new customer base - those of us who would no longer have to drive to Memphis.

So, any good news?

Old 03-23-2010, 03:21 PM
aprilrain51
They told us MINI has pretty much committed to a dealership in AR with one of their BMW dealerships which would be LR or Fayetteville. They don't know when they will find out. They are servicing MINIs now. Several members have already used them.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:14 PM
RVExotics
5th Gear
That sounds great! I talked to a few people at the drive this weekend about it. I personally couldn't care less if it was LR or Fay, as either would be a drastic reduction in driving from the 3.5 hrs to Memphis!

Is BMW of LR doing warranty servicing? Like the free maintenance included with the MINI warranty?

Old 04-09-2010, 04:49 PM
oldbunratty
3rd Gear
Is the Little Rock Meet 'n' Greet for April back at the Buffalo Grill in west Little Rock at 6 pm? Might actually make it after work next week . . ..

Old 04-10-2010, 06:47 PM
aprilrain51
It will be at BMW again this month. May be back at Buffalo Grill in May. It starts at 6:00 pm.