Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK) AMOK is a club for enthusiasts that want to participate in the community, get together to learn about our MINIs, and love to drive curvy roads. Visit our club site at www.motoringamok.com

The wait sucks! Xmas party planned?

Old 11-15-2009, 06:41 AM
RVExotics
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The wait sucks! Xmas party planned?

It was great seeing some old friends and making a new one on Magazine yesterday. Sorry we couldn't hang around until the even get together. Everyone's cars were amazing and make me wish the next few weeks would just hurry the hell up already!! This is the first time I've actually ordered a MINI vs. bought one off the lot and it's definitely a new experience. Now I know what Mark went through when he ordered his.

So one of the gentlemen I talked to yesterday mentioned a Christmas party. I just checked the calendar and the Meet & Greet is the only thing marked in December. Is there going to be a Christmas party? I remember the one back in '07 was in the park by the zoo.

Anyway, can't wait to get my car so we can actually go on rides with you guys!

Old 11-19-2009, 06:35 AM
Popeye
Coordinator:Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK)
Hey guys,
We were going to have it after the Toys for Tots run, but too many folks couldn't make it, so we cancelled it. If we schedule a new time/date, I will post it immediately to the calendar and I'm sure Gregg will post it to our website, too.
Good to see yas at MMOTM, sorry you didn't stay for the party, it was a gas and we raised a good chunk for Camp Aldersgate!!
Send me your email address, I seem to have lost it since your last MINI, ha!
Later,
Jim S.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:03 PM
RVExotics
5th Gear
Ah, well poop. It's ok, I wouldn't have my car by then anyway

Old 11-25-2009, 10:49 PM
oldbunratty
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Popeye
We were going to have it after the Toys for Tots run, but too many folks couldn't make it, so we cancelled it.
Both December events canceled, or just the after-party? Anyone planning on making the TfT run this year?

Old 12-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Popeye
Here's the deal, we are going to have a "Holiday Get Together" in January. Everybody is just too busy this month, so we are not going to have a Christmas Party. Sorry for any confusion or inconvenience this may cause, but do to lack of time and planning, I don't think we could have carried it off. We are thinking about Sat. Jan. 16. What's everybody think?

Old 12-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Popeye
According to today's website, there will be a AMOK representation at Toy for Tots, but I don't know who is planning on going. Will try to find out more, but if you want to go, go to the Benton Airport at 8 a.m. Saturday and get in line! I may come over and bring a toy, for somebody to take, but I'm not going on the ride.