North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/arkansas-mini-owners-klub-amok-200/)
-   -   TOY FOR TOTS Info (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/arkansas-mini-owners-klub-amok/158765-toy-for-tots-info.html)

Popeye 11-26-2008 06:54 AM

TOY FOR TOTS Info

Hi,
Again this year, we are going to participate in the Toy For Tots run from Benton to Little Rock. If you did this with us last year, you know how much fun it is. The police block all the freeway entrance ramps, so we have the freeway (I 30) to ourselves and everybody lines up and heads for LR's Toy Hill to drop off our toys. Price of admission is one $10 toy. This year we are adding an incentive to bring more toys, whoever brings the most toys will receive a gift basket valued at over $60 that is full of fun MINI stuff! (This is open to AMOK members only.)

The run starts at 10 a.m. SHARPE! DO NOT BE LATE. Last year we were there around 9 to get lined up and briefed, this seemed to work fine. Watch the forum for a posting about a meeting place for those coming from Little Rock, it may just be the Benton Airport (the starting point). Just so everybody knows where that is here's directions. Take I 30 west (south) to Exit 116, this is the Sevier/South St. exit, from Little Rock, you will exit and cross back over the freeway on the overpass, go down to the frontage road on the other side of the freeway and turn left (don't worry it's two way here). Go about a block and you will see Holland Baptist Church and Airway Dr. Turn left on Airway and go behind the church. I'm sure there will be signs directing you to the line up, but this will put you in the correct area. If you are coming from Hot Springs or are headed East (north) on the freeway, again get off at Exit 116 and follow the frontage road to Holland Baptist Church and turn right. Then look for signs or the line up of cars.

If you live in the Hot Springs area, I am leaving about 8:30 a.m. from the parking lot downtown where the Hot Springs Visitor Center is located (where the Ice Skating Rink is) Anybody that wants to go from Hot Springs, can meet there. Don't be late, I'm leaving at 8:30 SHARPE! I should be there no later than 8:15 to meet everybody.

Hope to see ya then!

Free Spirit 11-27-2008 06:21 AM

Let's all meet at the closed down gas station right there by the airport. It's on the access road. If we pull in separately we may not get in line together. If I remember correctly they line people up as they get there. If I'm wrong, correct me.

We'll meet at 9am and head over to ther airport at 9:10.

If those from LR/Conway want to meet somewhere and then head over to Benton that's cool.

PenniMini 12-03-2008 07:40 AM

Last year we saved spaces in the queue for those arriving a little later. We can do the same this year, but as much as possible everyone should try to be there around 9:00. Due to the heavy police coordination necessary to pull this off, when they say we will be leaving at 10:00 sharp they mean it.

This will be a blast though, and its for a great cause. Free BBQ as well, so if you haven't already, get your toys together and meet us at 9:00 on the access road at the old gas station (as in Free Spirit's post above). If you are running late, we'll save you a place in line!!

Motor for a cause!!

oldbunratty 12-08-2008 04:19 PM

Thanks so much for organizing the AMOK participation. My first Toys for Tots run and (despite the antifreeze fill-cap snafu) we really enjoyed it! Will be back next year.