Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK) AMOK is a club for enthusiasts that want to participate in the community, get together to learn about our MINIs, and love to drive curvy roads. Visit our club site at www.motoringamok.com

Doh!! Any good experiences with a body shop in central Arkansas?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 09:48 PM
oldbunratty
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doh!! Any good experiences with a body shop in central Arkansas?

Anybody had good experience with a body shop in or near Little Rock? I need to have some medium-sized roof dents and deep scratches repaired.

While momentarily on auto pilot driving to work this morning, managed to accomplish the genius stunt of hooking handlebars of two bicycles mounted on top of my MCS bike rack to the cast iron, height-warning bar at the entrance of the parking garage. DOH!! Talk about a glorious and shining moment . . . if MCS was any less than 5 years old, probably would've died on the spot for hurting her, but slowly have become accustomed to fact that my beloved daily driver will inevitably suffer over time.

OEM, bolted-in, roof rack held up remarkably well (fortunately, the roof did not peel back like a sardine can), but bikes, bike rails and roof sustained damage. Guess I know where any extra $$ will be going for a while . . ..

Old 06-24-2008, 05:39 AM
Popeye
Coordinator:Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK)
OH MAN, sorry to hear about your baby. Never thought we have to watch clearance signs in a MINI, ha. Glad everything is basically OK. Sorry, no body shop experience. If you don't have any luck, call BMW and ask them who they use.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:49 AM
BDBMCS
1st Gear
Had some work done at Halter's Body in Conway. Dave and his crew do execellant work. They're on Museum Rd. Couple other Mini owners have had the same experience.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:45 AM
Goodwood
3rd Gear
If no luck in AR, come on over to Memphis. Roadshow BMW/MINI, the local dealer, uses Joe Stewart Body Shop in Memphis for all their BMW and MINI work. 3rd Generation family-owned/operated.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:05 AM
FlynG
1st Gear
Halters in Conway, good people.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:20 PM
oldbunratty
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Goodwood
If no luck in AR, come on over to Memphis. Roadshow BMW/MINI, the local dealer, uses Joe Stewart Body Shop in Memphis for all their BMW and MINI work. 3rd Generation family-owned/operated.
Ditto on "Big" Joe Stewart's - as far as I'm concerned, they set the standard in MINI body work, and have shown through for me on some complex repairs a few years ago. Just hoping to keep the work closer to home this time.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:01 AM
FlynG
1st Gear
I'm a cyclist too. How bad did you hurt the bikes?

Old 06-25-2008, 02:34 PM
rgp2
2nd Gear
Welcome to the club. Did the very same thing but used my garage door. Worst part is my sunroof was open so the sound effects were great. I called Roadshow and got there recommendation. They said use the BMW dealer in Little Rock. I did and after 1100 bucks, I think it looked great. They did forget to plug my clock in though. Good luck

Old 06-25-2008, 06:18 PM
oldbunratty
3rd Gear
BDBMCS and FlynG, thanks for the recommendations for Halters! I may go to them if I cannot find somebody trustworthy a little closer to LR.

Originally Posted by FlynG
I'm a cyclist too. How bad did you hurt the bikes?
Took the bikes to Arkansas Cycling today. Front shocks on Trek will have to be replaced and some question whether front forks on other bike can be "bent" back into alignment (good ol' chromoly steel) or will have to be replaced. Wheels may be bent, but it's hard to tell whether they just need to be re-trued. Fortunately, we're just recreational/family cyclists at this point, so models are low-end Trek and Diamondback MTBs - nothing too irreplaceable.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:22 PM
oldbunratty
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rgp2
Welcome to the club. Did the very same thing but used my garage door. Worst part is my sunroof was open so the sound effects were great. I called Roadshow and got there recommendation. They said use the BMW dealer in Little Rock. I did and after 1100 bucks, I think it looked great. They did forget to plug my clock in though. Good luck
$1100 bucks for a garage door scrape, OUCH!! Still leaving it open whether I'll phone ins co to file claim on my own stupidity, but if it hits $1k territory for repair I won't have to keep pondering the ins issue.