North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   AMVIV6 / A MINI Vacation In Vegas (Mar 26-29, 2009) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/amviv6-a-mini-vacation-in-vegas-mar-26-29-2009-310/)
-   -   Side-trippin' on Route 66 (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/amviv6-a-mini-vacation-in-vegas-mar-26-29-2009/163360-side-trippin-on-route-66-a.html)

Ferroequine 02-10-2009 10:07 PM

Side-trippin' on Route 66

As you may have noticed, there will be a somewhat large (relatively speaking) group of MINIs coming down to AMVIV from Canada.

Since for some of these people this is a unique one time opportunity, they have expressed a strong interest to visit Historic Route 66 in Arizona at some point during AMVIV. Myself and Stella 25 went last year, but would love it again. We're thinking of going through Kingman, explore a little east of there, and then head west to Oatman and back to LV in the afternoon. I think I may still have the run notes from last year here somewhere.

Would anyone else like to join us?

ltphoto 02-11-2009 05:24 AM

That sounds like a good afternoon. We'd be interested if you end up doing it.

Steve_LV 02-11-2009 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Ferroequine (Post 2663235)
As you may have noticed, there will be a somewhat large (relatively speaking) group of MINIs coming down to AMVIV from Canada.

Since for some of these people this is a unique one time opportunity, they have expressed a strong interest to visit Historic Route 66 in Arizona at some point during AMVIV. Myself and Stella 25 went last year, but would love it again. We're thinking of going through Kingman, explore a little east of there, and then head west to Oatman and back to LV in the afternoon. I think I may still have the run notes from last year here somewhere.

Would anyone else like to join us?

Let me know if you would like a route map or anything. From Kingman, you can stay on Route 66 all the way to Ash Fork, but stopping places along the way include Peach Springs, Grand Canyon Caverns, and Seligman.

Steve

Agro 02-11-2009 10:12 AM

Anyone who wants to do this run, come and find me when you get here and I'll give you a copy of last year's event book with the run map and directions in it.

Ferroequine 03-20-2009 12:32 PM

We've decided that we will go down to Kingman and Route 66 on Friday, March 27.

We'll head down to Kingman, AZ via US 93, which crosses the Hoover Dam. From Kingman, we'll head east towards Truxton, where there are some great scenes of a time gone by. We'll also visit the cool & rustic Hackberry General store, which is still open. We'll have lunch back in Kingman at an original Route 66 Diner, and then head west across twisty route 66 towards historic Oatman. From there we head back to Las Vegas in plenty of time for the evening activities.

I think there is about 6-7 from our group at this point; any other takers?

Ferroequine 03-26-2009 09:16 PM

We are leaving on the Route 66 run at 9:15 am from the parkade, anyone is welcome to join us.