AMVIV5 / A MINI Vacation In Vegas (2008) The forum for A Mini Vacation in Vegas, hosted by the Sin City MINI Club.

Motors medal of Honor - 70spop

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 08:32 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Motors medal of Honor - 70spop

Becky and I used her flight benefits to come down to AMVIV for Saturday. We got in early, met great folks, had a great time.

We went back to the airport to get our flight home. We were bumped from the flight. Went to our alternate.... bumped. Third and last hope... bumped. We couldn't find a flight into Northern California on any airline.

By now it's midnight, and we're physically and emotionally exhausted. I had SDMike's cell number (hope Tig is feeling better), called him and asked him to find any of the REME gang, and see if we could curl up in a hotel room corner or something.

Brian (70spop) called me back, donating not only some floor space, but room in his Mini to get us home. He lives in Sacramento, and Manteca is right on the way.

After dealing with a thoroughly demented daschund and cat, we still had to drive over to San Jose to pick up Becky's car at the airport.

Our bodies are killing us today.

But Brian my lad, I'm lifting my pint to ye.

Thank you!

Old 03-31-2008, 08:36 AM
tigwantstoplay
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys!

Glad to hear y'all made it home safely.

Way to go, Brian

Sorry I didn't get to meet you. I was down for the count on Saturday with the flu (or food poisoning...not sure which)...spent the day in bed, looking out the window at the parking structure and all the activity. I heard I wasn't the only MINIac who mysteriously became ill at AMVIV....there were several of us.

I was feeling slightly better by the banquet, and fortunately, had kicked the sickness by the time we pulled out at 7AM on Sunday morning.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:54 AM
Gromit801
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Next time, we move the part to your room. I know that will make you feel all better!

Old 03-31-2008, 10:04 AM
70spop
6th Gear
Any time. Cheers! Pure good luck that I happened to meet Mike a few hours earlier, otherwise I wouldn't have known who he was when Emily (unixgal) brought him by our table, and I might not have been paying attention when he mentioned your names. Someone might have tracked me down eventually once word got around, but this worked out ok. I enjoyed the company, and it was nice not to drive the ENTIRE way back.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:07 AM
70spop
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tigwantstoplay
Hi guys!

Glad to hear y'all made it home safely.

Way to go, Brian

Sorry I didn't get to meet you. I was down for the count on Saturday with the flu (or food poisoning...not sure which)...spent the day in bed, looking out the window at the parking structure and all the activity. I heard I wasn't the only MINIac who mysteriously became ill at AMVIV....there were several of us.

I was feeling slightly better by the banquet, and fortunately, had kicked the sickness by the time we pulled out at 7AM on Sunday morning.
Hi! Nice to meet you and Mike. Good thing I ran into JJ early on and was able to have her do recon for me. Fortunately, you had a view of the festivities. My room "overlooking the garage" had a two-floors-up view of the AC building. Glad you're feeling better. There was definitely a "food bug" going around.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Ferroequine
4th Gear
Originally Posted by 70spop
Glad you're feeling better. There was definitely a "food bug" going around.
My wife got sick with a food bug the night after the Route 66 run, so we missed our planned Friday morning shopping. But the trooper she was, she sucked back some Pepto and still went on the RedRock Run with me on Friday afternoon.

I told her that the floormats were replaceable, but thankfully no 'incidents' occured.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:45 AM
fizgigg
2nd Gear
Wife and I ate at the mexican restaurant in the Palace, she spent the next day in the room doing a lot of "praying" and I spent all day not in the room.