North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   AMVIV4 / A MINI Vacation In Vegas (2007) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/amviv4-a-mini-vacation-in-vegas-2007-88/)
-   -   Any singles going to AMVIV? Should I go? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/amviv4-a-mini-vacation-in-vegas-2007/91611-any-singles-going-to-amviv-should-i-go.html)

mini_dreams 02-08-2007 10:18 AM

Any singles going to AMVIV? Should I go?

Trying to decide if I should go to AMVIV... I'm a single guy, love my MINI, possibly driving out to California and thought AMVIV would be a fun stop.

But, I'm quite shy in groups of people I don't know, so as much as I think I will enjoy events, parties, things like that, I often don't because I clam up in groups.

Anyway, just curioius if there are many/any singles there that might want to hang out.

And/or anyone that might want a ride there from Tennessee.

ChrisW 02-08-2007 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by mini_dreams (Post 1362730)
Trying to decide if I should go to AMVIV... I'm a single guy, love my MINI, possibly driving out to California and thought AMVIV would be a fun stop.

But, I'm quite shy in groups of people I don't know, so as much as I think I will enjoy events, parties, things like that, I often don't because I clam up in groups.

Anyway, just curioius if there are many/any singles there that might want to hang out.

And/or anyone that might want a ride there from Tennessee.

Thats the Great thing about MINI people we can make anyone talk. Or just drink more Beer and you wont care. :thumbsup: :lol:

Agro 02-08-2007 11:58 AM

I'm a little biased, but I think you should come to AMVIV.
There are quite a few singles attending, and I've generally found MINI people in large numbers to be very friendly.
As of 11am today, we've sold 91 single dinner tickets (out of 377, almost 1/4). I know a few people who've wound up part of a 2 MINI couple through their local MINI club or bigger events. :thumbsup:

daisygirl 02-08-2007 02:29 PM

We are coming to AMVIV from Australia but as a couple and were thinking we would like to pre-arrange to meet up with some people as may be looking for a lift on some of the drive days, etc and also a good way to already know some "locals"

Let me know if interestede

Agro 02-08-2007 02:41 PM

Daisygirl...you interested in bringing me some more VB? I'll pay for it. :nod:

ka_ciao 02-08-2007 02:56 PM

mini_dreams,

I went last year as a 'single' and had a blast. Granted I knew several people from my area that attended as well, but I still went 'stag.' I'm with Agro, come on out! MINI people are very friendly! :nod:

Cheers,

Scooby03 02-08-2007 02:58 PM

Lots of singles
Lots of MINI's
Lots of Great people

Also, its Vegas :thumbsup:

schooner2 02-08-2007 03:10 PM

I am single and have a few single people from are Utah club going single. I can be shy too, but in the Mini community its very easy to talk to people.

As far as having open seats for passengers!! I will have and extra seat- but just one as i dont have a back seat. and a few of my freinds from utah will have open seats!! So anyone without a car is welcome to come with me!

Keith4499 02-08-2007 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by daisygirl (Post 1363217)
We are coming to AMVIV from Australia but as a couple and were thinking we would like to pre-arrange to meet up with some people as may be looking for a lift on some of the drive days, etc and also a good way to already know some "locals"

Let me know if interestede

Hey Guys and MINI Dreams too...

That's a bunch of us (more than 15, that's group) will be going to see the "Blue Man Group", Thursday (3/21) night, 7:30 showing. We got a group rate of $113.90, real good seats they tell me. If it's your first time to Vegas, they're a must see.
So, if it something you might want to do, PM me.

Ok, I haven't heard anything about the beer and what's VB???

Keith:grin:

mini_dreams 02-08-2007 08:44 PM

hey, thanks everyone!

i'm definitely leaning toward heading to vegas. i've been before, but i'm not much of a gambler, so it would be cool to meet some other MINIacs and do some drives.

guess i better get a room booked. i assume it is better to stay at the Palace since all the other MINIers will be there?

Daisygirl... i'll let you know once my plans are finalized and we can talk via PM

Califzeph 02-08-2007 09:05 PM

Keith: VB is the popular beer in Australia. They think Foster's is crap for export only!

SandiePepper 02-09-2007 06:26 AM

Yes you should go, I'm single and going again for my 3rd year.

rrdusek 02-09-2007 06:47 AM

forget the VB, throw in some tinnies of toohey's "old" and you can ride with me. you'll have to share space with my australian cattle dog though, but that shouldn't be a problem for a shelia. :wink:

mini_dreams 02-09-2007 08:42 AM

thanks SandiePepper... i'll let you know if I'm going to make it.

your stripes are great!

Rick-Anderson 02-09-2007 08:51 AM

Lots of single people will be there. But they are all guys - :sad:

kazlot 02-09-2007 09:11 AM

A MVIV Should I go?

Absoultly, there's no discussion, done deal. As they say "be there or be square."

I did not go last year and really regret it but I am going this year. I am taking a friend, a non Mini owner, with me. Ask some friends or for that matter post on NAM looking for a rider to enjoy the trip and the festivites of Vegas.

There will be lots of singles and you'll find that you won't regret the trip. Mini memories are the best and never fade, they just keep making you glad you did the journey.

Remember it's the journey not the destination that matters.

Hope this helps...

Eric_Rowland 02-09-2007 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Keith4499 (Post 1363884)

VB - Victoria Bitter. Good stuff.:nod:

I went solo last year - can't help but mingle with 400 other MINI owners. It's like college, but instead of "what's your major" the opening question is "which one is your MINI". :)

Agro 02-09-2007 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Eric_Rowland (Post 1364629)
VB - Victoria Bitter. Good stuff.:nod:

I went solo last year - can't help but mingle with 400 other MINI owners. It's like college, but instead of "what's your major" the opening question is "which one is your MINI". :)

Mine's the yellow one. :grin:

Originally Posted by Keith4499 (Post 1363884)
Hey Guys and MINI Dreams too...

That's a bunch of us (more than 15, that's group) will be going to see the "Blue Man Group", Thursday (3/21) night, 7:30 showing. We got a group rate of $113.90, real good seats they tell me. If it's your first time to Vegas, they're a must see.
So, if it something you might want to do, PM me.

The Blue Man Group is an amazing show. I've seen a few of the big shows on the Strip and that was the one I enjoyed the most. More than "Love", and I'm a Beatles fan.
VB is (as previously stated) Victoria Bitter. My beer. Unobtainable in the US for some reason. I think it's probably because Australia consumes all the VB that CUB can produce.

Fosters. It's Australian for "Gee Americans are gullible!"

:cool:

rrdusek 02-09-2007 12:34 PM

i feel like a toohey's - or two!

Jayde 02-09-2007 04:47 PM

I will be going solo!! Went solo last year and will probably be solo next year!! There is never a dull moment with MINI folk!! It is an absolute blast!! You really won't regret it... Even if you are shy, just walk around for a bit by yourself, and you won't be that way long!!

mini_dreams 02-09-2007 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by kazlot (Post 1364438)
Mini memories are the best and never fade, they just keep making you glad you did the journey.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: good thoughts! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by Jayde (Post 1365224)
I will be going solo!! Went solo last year and will probably be solo next year!! There is never a dull moment with MINI folk!! It is an absolute blast!! You really won't regret it... Even if you are shy, just walk around for a bit by yourself, and you won't be that way long!!

thanks jayde! i see your'e an MA... have you seen/driven the 07 yet?

irieman 02-09-2007 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by mini_dreams (Post 1362730)
Trying to decide if I should go to AMVIV... I'm a single guy, love my MINI, possibly driving out to California and thought AMVIV would be a fun stop..."

Single or not, if you can swing it you should go. Most of my club are non-singles ("hooked up" as the youth say), and well (no offense to the non-single types), it's a different vibe hanging with a bunch of couples [when you're not].

FWIW- Yes, I'm single and yes, i'm going and... well... yes... i'm a guy.

And did someone say something about Blue Man?

Keith4499 02-09-2007 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by iriemanhq (Post 1365486)

And did someone say something about Blue Man?

Yes I did :thumbsup: . We're all going Thursday night, 7:30. There 16 of so far and we have 20 tickets on hold.

PM me if you what more infor.

And I know somebody said something about BEER too!!!

Jayde 02-10-2007 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by mini_dreams (Post 1365473)
thanks jayde! i see your'e an MA... have you seen/driven the 07 yet?

I go to training on Valentines day!! Lucky I'm single, huh!! :nod:

I am super excited about the 07s though, I have heard nothing but good!! We shall see, we shall see!!

mini_dreams 02-10-2007 07:19 PM

^^ cool... enjoy and let us know how it is.

-----

well, i'm not 100% sure that I am going, but I did make a room reservation! :wink:

of course, if I decide I can't make it, I will post the room here on NAM.