AMVIV4 / A MINI Vacation In Vegas (2007) The forum for A Mini Vacation in Vegas, hosted by the Sin City MINI Club.

Webb Motorsports PULLEY PARTY at AMVIV!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 10:07 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Full again!

I will also be adding a Unichip ECU tech talk - watch here for the scheduled time.

See you soon!!

Randy

Old 03-19-2007, 04:37 PM
trackster
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There was some talk earlier in the thread about the price of pulley installs eroding a bit, especially at AMVIV. I came across this post and was curious as to what your thought might be. This response was from the Mfg to a customer asking if their price of $ 165 ( effectively a $ 20 install ) installed was correct.

ALTAPerformance vbmenu_register("postmenu_1420107", true);
Vendor

Gallery
Guys: Hope to help you at AMVIV. (T-shirt installation for free is optional ;-)

And yes that price is correct! We feel that the labor charge should match the time actually taken to do it. $200+ for an hours work seems excessive.

Thanks again guys!

Old 03-25-2007, 02:34 PM
89AKurt
6th Gear
Thanks Randy!

Guess what else I got? I managed to take some decent shots of you working your magic, plan to post later.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:52 AM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Originally Posted by trackster
There was some talk earlier in the thread about the price of pulley installs eroding a bit, especially at AMVIV. I came across this post and was curious as to what your thought might be. This response was from the Mfg to a customer asking if their price of $ 165 ( effectively a $ 20 install ) installed was correct.

ALTAPerformance vbmenu_register("postmenu_1420107", true);
Vendor

Gallery
Guys: Hope to help you at AMVIV. (T-shirt installation for free is optional ;-)

And yes that price is correct! We feel that the labor charge should match the time actually taken to do it. $200+ for an hours work seems excessive.

Thanks again guys!
Well, I just returned from Vegas, and first let me say that not only were we full the entire weekend, we had a blast seeing everyone again. We had to turn more than 10 folks down for installs while at the event. Bottom line there is, it certainly did not hurt our business.

Now to address the question about my thoughts. I believe wrenching on a car is much like many other trades - medical doctors, lawyers, flying airplanes, etc. In each of these, there is room for art. I look at my job as an art form, and work accordingly. There are certainly different levels of experience, different techniques, different confidence levels. I offer a premium service to make sure things are done right, and I charge accordingly. The fact that folks are still willing to pay for that premium is an illustration that there is much more to who you choose to work on your car than what it costs.

I think it is great that there is a "K-Mart" discount service available out there. The more choices in the community, the more likely there is to be a fit for everyone - and that is outstanding. I will not lower my prices to compete with that type of service, as again we offer a premium service and it is priced to fit that. That price gives you the experience of someone in a very meticulous industry with more experience doing these than literally anyone else in the world. It gives you a name as well as a warranty. It also gives you a membership to an exclusive club of those who have had the car built by the right shop (that applies to more than my shop - just not bargain basement).

I think that sums up my thoughts pretty concisely. Let me know if you still have questions.

Hope that helps!
Randy

Old 03-26-2007, 09:53 AM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Originally Posted by 89AKurt

Guess what else I got? I managed to take some decent shots of you working your magic, plan to post later.
Great shot of the sky - beautiful! Thanks for coming - it was a pleasure doing the work for you!!!

Randy

Old 03-26-2007, 05:00 PM
STORMCOOPER
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Randy!

Your Awesome. To prove your point! How many others out there would spot the problem with the little piston on the arm. And then Walk me over to someone you knew had the part. Free installation on a part I didn't even buy from you! I can only imagine what a service department would have charged!

Once again Thanks so much!

Hope you and your wife enjoy the wine! It is one of our favorite places to go.

Todd

Old 03-26-2007, 07:33 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Todd,

It was hard to wait to drink it with the right food! We are going to make a dinner this week to go with it so we can enjoy it the right way. I really appreciate it! Your car looked pretty cool with the graphic. Vicky and I saw it on the way into the garage the other night.

Glad to help - and I'm glad Chad at Detroit Tuned had an extra tensioner. I think that is the way the community should work. Everyone helping everyone out (wish it was that easy).

Enjoy!
Randy

PS - Did you do a SportBox and if so, so you have pics? Others are asking about it from Vegas.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Steve_LV
4th Gear
Here's my shot of Randy taking off my stock pulley:

And here he is putting on the Webb Motorsports Pulley:

He also installed a Milltek exhaust on my Cabrio. It was real hard to sit a work today with the MINI in the parking lot waiting to be taken out for a spin.

Oh, and I also bought the Webb Pulley Party T Shirt, good for 5 horsepower. The only question I have is, do I have to wear it to get the 5 horsepower, or can I just fold it up and put it in the boot?

Old 03-26-2007, 08:04 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
On your person, it is 7 horsepower, in the car, 5 horsepower. Just make sure you have it with you or your car at all times - the car will perform weaker while the shirt is in the wash.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:13 PM
70spop
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandyBMC
On your person, it is 7 horsepower, in the car, 5 horsepower. Just make sure you have it with you or your car at all times - the car will perform weaker while the shirt is in the wash.

Doh!! I totally forgot about the shirt! :impatient Good seeing you again, Randy. Thanks again to you and the mrs.for the extra effort on my exhaust.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:18 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
I will be adding them to the catalog on the site shortly, so you can pick one up for your additional performance gains!

No problem - after seeing how tight your heat shield was, I was just happy our "mods" worked out. Hope you are happy with it!

Thanks,
Randy

Old 03-26-2007, 08:24 PM
70spop
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RandyBMC
I will be adding them to the catalog on the site shortly, so you can pick one up for your additional performance gains!

No problem - after seeing how tight your heat shield was, I was just happy our "mods" worked out. Hope you are happy with it!

Thanks,
Randy
Great! I'll check the site.

Yep. Very happy with it. Love the sound, and no buzzing.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
Randy, did Steve fall for the "Oh crap! I've never heard one do THAT before!" line?

Old 03-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Eric_Rowland
OVERDRIVE
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
I hate it when the supercharger bearing pops.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:20 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
I don't think it is a secret anymore! No one falls for it anymore . I still have fun saying it - kinda like when you say "oops" at just the right time!

Old 03-26-2007, 09:26 PM
RandyBMC
Temporarily Banned
Originally Posted by 70spop
Great! I'll check the site.

Yep. Very happy with it. Love the sound, and no buzzing.
I added the shirt - just go to the home page at www.webbmotorsports.com and click on apparel. I need to get a couple photos up, but you saw it there...

Thanks!
Randy