North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   All other MINI parts and items for Sale (archive) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/all-other-mini-parts-and-items-for-sale-archive-151/)
-   -   FS: Custom CNC aluminum billet T3 air box. (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/all-other-mini-parts-and-items-for-sale-archive/67144-fs-custom-cnc-aluminum-billet-t3-air-box.html)

HPzie 04-25-2006 06:23 PM

FS: Custom CNC aluminum billet T3 air box.

3 Attachment(s)
Just got my done and seem to work out real nice and cost under $80 :thumbsup: w/ K&N 1520 fillter and materials. If anyone interested to just get the air box, I can have a few more made for just $50 + shipping. ( with or with out top cover )

HPzie 04-25-2006 06:26 PM

more pix

1 Attachment(s)
More pix

Smokey 04-25-2006 07:31 PM

I saw your post over on the performance threads, nice little bit of work! Got time for some questions???

How well is the seal against the ECU?
Any thought of using nut plates or Dzus fasteners?

Like I said, nice work reminds me of a certain vendor that started out with a cardboard mockup on his kitchen table about 4 years ago! :~)

HPzie 04-25-2006 09:07 PM

Thanks Smokey. The seal is just tight enough lay against the ECU, I am how ever is doing some other with out the cover also ( just like the alta design ). And yes, I was thinking about the nut plates as well for the next one.

Originally Posted by smokey4
I saw your post over on the performance threads, nice little bit of work! Got time for some questions???

How well is the seal against the ECU?
Any thought of using nut plates or Dzus fasteners?

Like I said, nice work reminds me of a certain vendor that started out with a cardboard mockup on his kitchen table about 4 years ago! :~)

I also had the back plastic cover drilled out for more air as well. I can sure feel the diffrent after I had that done.

Dr Obnxs 04-25-2006 09:23 PM

Sweet!

I love inexpensive and effective!

Matt

Esc8p2NeverLand 04-26-2006 12:00 AM

I think I'll take one with a cover!

DOes anyone know if a filter like that is made with the velocity cap?

Thanks

Tyler

HPzie 04-26-2006 06:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is one with out the cover, I like the look of the fillter being show. But then I also like the bling bling look of the cover :lol: .

Just so everyone is clear, I am not a dealer of any kind. Just got a few extras made so that other Mini Peeps out there can get it at the low cost. :thumbsup:

Esc8p2NeverLand 04-26-2006 08:01 PM

I'll take the one with a cover. Just to be sure, the cover is removeable, right?

Thanks

Tyler

HPzie 04-26-2006 08:46 PM

Yup .... You can have it with it on or off before mount on the box (just have to take off the 6 screws)

Originally Posted by Esc8p2NeverLand
I'll take the one with a cover. Just to be sure, the cover is removeable, right?

Thanks

Tyler

Smokey 04-26-2006 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by HPzie
Thanks Smokey. The seal is just tight enough lay against the ECU, I am how ever is doing some other with out the cover also ( just like the alta design ). And yes, I was thinking about the nut plates as well for the next one.

I also had the back plastic cover drilled out for more air as well. I can sure feel the diffrent after I had that done.

:thumbsup: I think those will give you a cleaner look, but Dzus would add cool points to the project :nod:

I drilled 5 extra 1" holes in my back wall back when I was running the BMP and Dan's intake. :lol::lol::lol:

drew624 04-26-2006 09:47 PM

PM sent..

Tit 04-27-2006 10:16 PM

I embarked on a little project like this the other weekend - to put a box top on my alta....I came up with this:

seeing as I used metal I already had and a bit of cutting, fitting and painting...I'm not unhappy with the result...

http://www.mini2.com/galleries/data/...850_Large_.JPG

Dr Obnxs 04-28-2006 08:49 AM

Anyone try flat back crinkle paint?

to give it a more OEM look?

Just a thought.....

Matt

DialM 04-28-2006 09:00 AM

Slightly OT, but can the ALTA silicone hoses be painted flat black?

Dr Obnxs 04-28-2006 09:03 AM

They have a black one...

and Krylon makes paint that sticks to plastic, but silicone is slippery. Maybe if you scuff it up with some sandpaper or something. But it better be a flexible paint, otherwise you'll just end up with a scuffed, unpainted hose!

Matt

jymontoya 07-26-2006 03:42 PM

Do you still have any of these available?

polizei 07-26-2006 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by jymontoya
Do you still have any of these available?

x2!

-Cody