North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   Alabama Motoring Society: BAMA and Rocket City (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/alabama-motoring-society-bama-and-rocket-city-49/)
-   -   Very First Mini in my AREA (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/alabama-motoring-society-bama-and-rocket-city/28574-very-first-mini-in-my-area.html)

magic mini 07-23-2004 08:17 PM

Very First Mini in my AREA

When I went to get my tag for my Mini in Cullman I was told that I was the only Mini Cooper (the first) in the Cullman County system. That is cool but I don't think that is right. When I got my renewal card for the tag, the card didn't have an amount on it because they didn't know the value for a Mini.

So what does everyone thing about this? If you are in Cullman Let me know.

SB 07-27-2004 06:09 PM

I wasn't the first in my area but my renewal card was odd. Instead of the normal typed card, it was hand written. The amount was correct but I guess back in Feb. they were still getting use to the MINI's here.

RaiderZA 07-27-2004 06:17 PM

Congrats, Magic Mini!
My MINI has been the first to visit Lawrence County and I have passed thru Cullman, so maybe I'll see you on the road. I am in Moulton often.

BRG/W 2004 MC with driver's edge stripe.

magic mini 07-27-2004 07:27 PM

Maybe I will see you. I work in Decatur and drive to and from Cullman to Decatur Monday-Friday. I have my two ways on 7-21 when I'm in the Mini. I'm the British Green one with the white top, and the cullman tag. Happy Motoring!!

Originally Posted by RaiderZA
Congrats, Magic Mini!
My MINI has been the first to visit Lawrence County and I have passed thru Cullman, so maybe I'll see you on the road. I am in Moulton often.

BRG/W 2004 MC with driver's edge stripe.

magic mini 07-27-2004 07:36 PM

The reason I started this thread was to see if I was the First one but I believe that I'm not. I think it is what you said. They just need to get use to the MINI. I think I have seen other Mini's with Cullman county tags but I'm not sure about that. The bad part is that I just got the car in May and got the Tag for it at the first of June. Then I had to get the Tag again because My last name starts with a P and July is the "p" month. So they should have had me in the System because I was just in there but I don't know.

Originally Posted by SB
I wasn't the first in my area but my renewal card was odd. Instead of the normal typed card, it was hand written. The amount was correct but I guess back in Feb. they were still getting use to the MINI's here.

tontobird 07-27-2004 07:51 PM

I recall that some insurance companies were listing it as a BMW. Perhaps that was happening in your area for a while with registrations.

magic mini 07-27-2004 07:53 PM

That could be it. Thanks for that idea.

Originally Posted by tontobird
I recall that some insurance companies were listing it as a BMW. Perhaps that was happening in your area for a while with registrations.