Alabama Motoring Society: BAMA and Rocket City The forum for the Alabama Motoring Society.
Visit the BAMA club site at www.bamamini.com
Visit the Rocket City MINI club site at www.rocketcitymini.com

Ha Ha Swirly Truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 09:50 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha Ha Swirly Truck

OK you know there are people who hate to have a MINI in front of them & feel the need to keep up as though it is some assault on their masculinity if they don 't ...

Today I was trucking on down the road & in a hurry. There was a miniature truck a la Ford Ranger(ish) behind me. Well he felt the need to ride my **** everywhere I went & I was driving quite peppy. When turning in the MINI I tend to do a 90 degree T-intersection turn by going hard straight & then quick 90 degree turn with nice acceleration coming out of the turn as that is mega fun in our great cornering lil cars.

Well Mr Macho minitruck obviously felt that the only way to keep his masculinity in tact was to follow my line thru the turn only he wasn't in a MINI. I was not speeding or racing thru the turn, I was just driving it MINI normal but.... this assclown who had ridden my azz for 8 miles & felt the need to prove something to himself & I had a hard time keeping the MINI on the road as I was laughing so damn hard watching his lil truck fishtail behind me. The azz end of his truck slid out from under him like I have never seen. I give him kudos for not losing it as I have never seen such a fishtail in my life that stayed on the road.

Moral of the story... Confucius say... lil truck should not try to follow the MINI line thru the turns

p.s... he quit riding my azz after that turn

Old 07-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That is my favorite evil MINI trick!

If I don't hit my brakes before the turn, they assume that they don't need to either until it is too late!

Old 07-04-2007, 10:11 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Yucca Patrol

If I don't hit my brakes before the turn, they assume that they don't need to either until it is too late!
yes, yes it is muhhuwahwah, just follow me

Old 07-04-2007, 10:18 PM
ChrisW
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Yucca Patrol

+1 to that, I think that might be my fav thing to do to people who are acting foolish. I guess it just be the MINI because it seems like everyone has something to prove when they are behind me. Like being 2" from my back bumper makes Him or her cooler.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:34 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
Wonder if he was goin as much as I was

Old 07-16-2007, 08:44 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I thought this thread was going to be about nasty detailing swirls! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Old 07-16-2007, 09:12 PM
SB
6th Gear
Great story, Bamatt.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:16 PM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's nothing more satsifying than leading such people to their frictionless doom. This is one of the many reasons that I'm glad to drive a manual transmission - engine braking does not show up via the taillights.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:01 AM
ParrishBlue
4th Gear
I have learned 3 things after reading this thread...

1. I am such a turd for not coming to this site more. My online time has deminished as of late...(3 teens in da house)

2. Bamatt is one of the funniest and most delightful ladies I have met in a long while!...and I need to get with you guys soon.

3. It's great to get to show people what Mini's are made of...hardcore spunk!

Old 07-18-2007, 02:21 AM
jst4fun
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society
just glad your still alive and kicking Parrishblue I thought you was a teenager to......
Come anytime you can get a chance, we understand.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:55 AM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
I love it Teresa!!!

We'll see you Sunday.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:18 AM
Mini S Pilot
5th Gear
Well after reading this thread, something just occurred to me. I'm still going to have those dang gone Cling-ons while driving my new Mini. It's really bad driving the GT500. Whenever I drive, if only to make a grocery getter out of it, I get someone wanting to play with my driving skills. It didn't even occur to me that I'd have this same problem driving the Mini.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:26 AM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisneal
There's nothing more satsifying than leading such people to their frictionless doom. This is one of the many reasons that I'm glad to drive a manual transmission - engine braking does not show up via the taillights.
Heh Heh...

BTW, the same trick works in the MCSa... same downshift, no clutch... paddles, baybee...

And, yeah, if ya gotta live with the azzclowns, you might as well help them scare the poop outta themselves once in a while...

My only worry is that the ninrods hurt somebody ELSE in their frictionless mayhem.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:38 PM
ParrishBlue
4th Gear
I get challenged ALL THE TIME! Mainly by guys in trucks and teenage boys with somthin' to prove.

Just last week I was coming home from Huntsville, fully loaded with groceries and this guy in a huge pickup had been toying with me all thru south Huntsville, BUT....we hit the long incline coming out of the valley and I moved into SP and flew past him as he struggled to make the hill. So there

My husband said "just the presence of this car makes people act different" How true.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:29 PM
PaulCIssa
4th Gear
"All the kiddies want to play when they see my Mini coming their way".

I'm not used to this.......it gets annoying after a while. Yeah, I drive spirited and I ride spirited, but only when the conditions apply. Seems like every kid with a Civic/WRX/Lancer, etc, etc wants to race at every opportunity. I save it for track days.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:37 PM
ParrishBlue
4th Gear
[quote=PaulCIssa;1639906]
I'm not used to this.......it gets annoying after a while. Yeah, I drive spirited and I ride spirited, but only when the conditions apply. [quote]

Amen to that! I drive to enjoy myself, not prove anything. But if it's raining so hard you can't see the road....slow down! I have folks try to push my buttons even in really bad weather, it's crazy.

But you know, Mini has such a rep already, it has nothing to prove.