Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 07:00 PM
BillTheCat
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Show info and call for volunteers

Update: List of volunteers thus far:

Smurfette26 + Husband - vote counting only
pm-belgium (Phil and Mike) - vote counting only? Depends on timing, I suppose.
I have 4 volunteers from Sunshine MINIs (My home club), and I think they're all in for parking and vote counts if needed.
I'd like to have 6 people to help park, as I have a certain plan in my head. Right next to the cobwebs.

Hello all,

I know Sasquatch shows up here on NAM more often than I do, but I hope my yearly pre-Dragon visit is welcome. I just wanted to do a little promotion for the annual MOTD Car Show (sponsored by OutMotoring), and ask for some volunteers. I'd like to get a little help parking the entrants' cars, as we're going to try to park similar models together for easier comparison. I'd also like to find 1-2 people to help count the votes in a timely manner. (Unlike last year, when I tried to go it solo, then panicked & was rescued by Xiek and MiniSandPirate.)

If I can find maybe 2 parking volunteers that can show up at the ball field by 12:30-1:00pm, that would be fabulous. If those folks want to stick around & count ballots, that'd be awesome, but I'm not going to be choosy since this is a volunteer request.

As for the car show itself, we have expanded the number of categories. We did have to cut back from 3 to 2 trophies in the limited classes in order to keep things sane, but there will be more trophies awarded overall. All of the info is HERE on Snooter's MOTD web site, and the basic text of that page would look something like this if I cut & pasted it here...

Date: Friday - April 29th 2011
Time: 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Cost: FREE !!!
Your Host: Outmotoring.com and Bill (aka :BillTheCat)

So, you want to see how your MINI/Mini stacks up to the competition?
Or maybe you just want to spend the afternoon drooling over some incredible MINIs?
Either way, this is the Event for YOU!!!!

And just like last year, YOU get to be the judge!
Just stop by the registration table on the ballfield, pick up a ballot and vote for your favorites.

If you plan to enter the show, feel free to arrive early to choose a prime parking spot and do your final detail touch-ups. We plan to begin parking entrants no later than 1PM.

VOTING will begin at 2:00pm sharp and end at 3:30pm sharp.
Trophies will be handed out as soon as the votes are counted.
We changing it up this year and adding some new prize categories.

Model-specific categories: Voters will vote for ONE MINI/Mini in each of these categories:

1st/2nd place MKI Hardtop (2002-2006)
1st/2nd MKII Hardtop (2007-)
1st/2nd MKI Ragtop (2005-2007)
1st/2nd MKII Ragtop (2008-)
1st Clubman
1st Countryman
1st Classic Mini

Open Categories: Voters must vote for 5 different MINIs / Minis in these categories:

Bling King (Best use of chrome/bling - which MINI would "Fitty Cent" take home?)
Ninja Warrior (Best stealth/blackout mods- which MINI is ready for 007, Jason Bourne, or maybe Chuck to sneak about in?)
Dirty Dog (Which MINI/Mini needs a bath worse than the rest?)
Costume Queen (Which MINI/Mini has the best temporary decorations)
Fine China (Which engine bay would you eat from?)

And finally: Any MINI/Mini is eligible for an additional vote in this category

Best of Show (Best overall MINI/Mini, regardless of model or vintage)

Last edited by BillTheCat; 04-10-2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: I R teh doofus
Old 03-31-2011, 08:19 PM
IndiCooper
3rd Gear
is there going to be any way to tell whos competing in which open category? or everybodys just gotta figure it out? cause my stickers this year are gonna be pretty awesome! (not quite better thant he story, but then again what is?! lol) but im def. gonna give everyone in the costume queen category a run for their money!!

Old 04-01-2011, 03:57 AM
smurfette26
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IndiCooper
is there going to be any way to tell whos competing in which open category? or everybodys just gotta figure it out? cause my stickers this year are gonna be pretty awesome! (not quite better thant he story, but then again what is?! lol) but im def. gonna give everyone in the costume queen category a run for their money!!
I cant wait to see what you have come up with this year! I loved last years stickers and voted for you. I still show pictures of your MINI to people and talk about how you do different themes every year. I wish I had seen the story year in person.

I have made up some promotional materials and swag to make my intentioned categories known this year. Yup, I want a trophy very badly...I think it would be the ultimate birthday gift!

Old 04-01-2011, 05:17 AM
IndiCooper
3rd Gear
Im in it to win it this year!! I'm still kicking my self for not entering my car the year I did the story!! I would have gotten a trophy hands down!!!

PS I have a new car this year, sold Indi back in July, so look for a midnight black 2010 MCS with 2011 bumpers,lime green accents and a butt ton of stickers , this years colors are white & pink, and if all goes according to plan some sparkle!!

Old 04-01-2011, 06:02 AM
smurfette26
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am glad I didnt set my sights on Costume Queen! I didnt specifically with your car in mind...

Cant wait to see the new car too! And I love sparkle!!!

Old 04-03-2011, 03:47 PM
IndiCooper
3rd Gear
OMG, the hot pink vinyl i ordered came in yesterday, and its not even pink!!! more of a bright red?!? anyways with the whole color situation going on i decided to reexamine my whole design!! So the original design is out the window, and theres a new one now in place!! its still gonna have sparkle but a bunch more color!!! I think this design is WAY better then the first, im totally gonna kick some boot!!

Old 04-07-2011, 07:25 PM
BillTheCat
4th Gear
Originally Posted by IndiCooper
I'm going to number the entry placards according to the year/model categories. i.e. first gen hardtops might be 100's, first gen cabrios 200's, 2nd gen hardtops 300's, 2nd gen cabrios 400's, etc.

This is also why I want some help parking everyone in an orderly fashion- to group the limited classes together for easy comparison.

EVERYONE is effectively "entered" into each of the open categories. It's up the the voter to decide which category to vote for you in.

Last edited by BillTheCat; 04-10-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:30 AM
pm-belgium
2nd Gear
Counting -- Math !! I was told there would be no MATH!!

LOL -- Hey BILL -- Mike and I will be glad to help. Just let us know what you need. (of course that's "AFTER" we have Pearl all cleaned up )