North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   7th Annual MINIs on the Dragon (Apr 29 - May 3, 2009) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/7th-annual-minis-on-the-dragon-apr-29-may-3-2009-307/)
-   -   Geocaching at the MOTD7 (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/7th-annual-minis-on-the-dragon-apr-29-may-3-2009/162534-geocaching-at-the-motd7.html)

ProfessorZoom 01-28-2009 01:57 PM

Geocaching at the MOTD7

Last year my wife and I hosted a geocaching event- unfortunately, we won't be able to attend this year (the stars keep moving out of alignment). I've received a couple PMs about having one this year... so I thought I would throw it out the group and let someone give it a shot. I'm hoping that we will be back in 2010, there are some fantastic caches out there that we still haven't gotten.

EDITED 2/1/09 by Snooter: This is event has been added to the MOTD calendar, please sign up at this LINK if you plan on attending.

jrudy01 01-28-2009 02:04 PM

I missed last years events but would definitly like to go after a few. So maybe if it's not a great event like last year with tags, but i'm still willing to get together with everyone to run after some. Definitly need to hit the TN side as well. Gotta color in my states on my profile map..

ProfessorZoom 01-28-2009 06:22 PM

A pathtag could be made in time visit www.pathtags.com there is a .jpg template on the website, I have a photoshop template which I like better. A .jpg file needs to submitted.

awood279 01-28-2009 06:46 PM

Jeff, you and I could work together and organize the event. With the help of Bruce, of course.

I emailed Snooter for the MOTD 7 logo. Once I get it I can start the pathtag process.

What do you think?

jrudy01 01-29-2009 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by awood279 (Post 2647169)
Jeff, you and I could work together and organize the event. With the help of Bruce, of course.

I emailed Snooter for the MOTD 7 logo. Once I get it I can start the pathtag process.

What do you think?

Call me and maybe we can work something out. I was so bummed I did not make it to the dragon last year.

ProfessorZoom 01-29-2009 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by jrudy01 (Post 2647540)
I was so bummed I did not make it to the dragon last year.

...and I'm bummed I can't make it this year... sounds like it is going be fantastic! But I'll do what I can, to help where I can.

awood279 01-29-2009 03:14 PM

Here's the pathtag for the 2nd Annual Geocaching Meet at MOTD!

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...ocashing03.jpg

A little birdy did it for me. Thanks little birdie!!!

jrudy01 01-30-2009 04:54 AM

Hey Ang tell your birdie thanks. I was wondering if you would want a different color than the brg so we have a different color every year....just a thought. What about you?

awood279 01-30-2009 05:40 AM

I already ordered it. Plus I was having it made to match the MOTD logo. But good idea. Maybe next year we will have a different color. :thumbsup:

awood279 01-30-2009 04:06 PM

Okay, we're all set....

Here is the sign up page on the MOTD site.

http://www.minisonthedragon.info/2009_geocaching.html

COOP310 02-01-2009 01:02 PM

I'm in provided I can still make it to the Dragon! Can you set it up as an event cache on geocaching.com?

snooter 02-01-2009 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by COOP310 (Post 2651753)
I'm in provided I can still make it to the Dragon! Can you set it up as an event cache on geocaching.com?

Supposedly it has, just waiting for it to be posted. #GC1M7D7

snooter 02-01-2009 01:32 PM

This is event has been added to the MOTD calendar, please sign up at this LINK if you plan on attending.

awood279 02-03-2009 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by COOP310 (Post 2651753)

I just checked again and the event cache that I set up on Geocaching.com still hasn't been approved. Volunteers reveiw them so it could take a little bit. :thumbsup:

snooter 02-03-2009 08:55 AM

slackers :lol:

ProfessorZoom 02-03-2009 06:47 PM

I know we had some troubles getting it posted last year... got a nasty gram from the reviewer who was concerned it was just for car people. They never read the description that invited all cachers regardless of cachemobile to enjoy. They will question it if you are not from NC and they don't approve events further than three months out.

Great design for the Pathtag! Wish I could make it. I'm hunting for the handout from last year and will update it and make sure it you get it.

COOP310 02-04-2009 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by ProfessorZoom (Post 2654651)
Great design for the Pathtag! Wish I could make it. I'm hunting for the handout from last year and will update it and make sure it you get it.

Did the MINI cache from last year ever get hidden?

awood279 02-05-2009 02:13 PM

Okay everyone, the event cache is published on Geocaching.com. Go log your intent to attend! :thumbsup:

jrudy01 02-09-2009 11:19 AM

Whooo hooo....Maybe I will finally get to launch my mini cooper travel bug that i've been holding for like 2 years

jrudy01 02-18-2009 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by snooter (Post 2651788)
This is event has been added to the MOTD calendar, please sign up at this LINK if you plan on attending.

Hey snooter...thanks for the link, can you also add it to your 2009 Schedule thread so it's in there as an option as well.
Thanks

snooter 02-18-2009 07:13 AM

done :thumbsup:

MINItencan 03-22-2009 08:55 PM

We are planning on attending as long as Way doesn't keep up too busy working! We went last year and are looking forward to adding another pathtag to go along with the first.

Miniprincess04 03-30-2009 12:39 PM

Can someone please explain this to me i am a little confused. thanks

wbarnhill 03-30-2009 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Miniprincess04 (Post 2717917)
Can someone please explain this to me i am a little confused. thanks

From geocaching.com

Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online. Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community and support for the environment.
There are thousands of caches around the globe, and probably some near where you live that you pass by on a daily basis! Check out the website and enter your zip code.

Hopefully that gives you a better idea of what geocaching is. As for the event, I believe it's mainly going to be a get together to meet fellow cachers who also happen to love little British cars :) I'm sure afterwards there will be folks who go hunting for the caches located in the area. It's a great hobby, and relatively inexpensive at that! Plus you get the added bonus of seeing places you may never have known about. :grin:

awood279 04-16-2009 09:05 AM

Looks like we're going to have a pretty good turn out.

As we get closer (lots closer) to the event, I have some more info. available now....

I am not putting a limit on the amount of pathtags that you can buy for this event. I ordered 50 so when they're gone, they're gone. $3 per tag.

If you have pathtags of your own that you'd like to trade for one of the event tags, I more than welcome the trade!!! LOL!!!

I have ordered / received items for the prize drawings....

-Geocaching Prize Pack x 2 ("Signal" antenna topper, Geocaching window sticker, Geocaching water bottle)
-Geocaching License Plate Frame x 2
-"Did Not Find" geocoin
-"TN-NC Appalachian Trail" geocoin
-"Union Jack Flag" geocoin

My geo-co-host is putting together a hand out of local caches. This hand out will include all pertinent info. on the cache (coordinates, terrain, difficulty, and description).

Can't wait to see everyone! :grin: