North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   6th Annual MINIs on the Dragon (April 30-May 4, 2008) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/6th-annual-minis-on-the-dragon-april-30-may-4-2008-233/)
-   -   A Dragon virgin's perspective and thanks (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/6th-annual-minis-on-the-dragon-april-30-may-4-2008/138815-a-dragon-virgins-perspective-and-thanks.html)

Warped1966 05-04-2008 11:14 PM

A Dragon virgin's perspective and thanks

This year's Dragon event was my first ever and I had a blast but I do need to eat some crow before I continue.

I referred to a post a while back by Edge regarding registration as "teetering on the edge of being wholly inappropriate". After having seen in person how big the event was and now understanding just how monumental the task of organizing it must have been, I would like to offer a sincere apology to Edge and anyone else I might have offended or upset. I found the entire event to be very well organized, fun and informative.

That being said, *burp* (crow tastes awful!), I would like to say thank you to all of the people who organized the event, the sponsors and vendors and those responsible for running the individual events themselves. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and next year I volunteer to help in any way I can. :grin:

revray 05-05-2008 05:56 AM

Hey, at least you got to eat crow! I didn't even get to complain or go. I'm not complaining though.

Loony2N 05-05-2008 06:25 AM

Hot sauce cures all!

Greatbear 05-05-2008 10:00 AM

Registration and picking up my swag could not have been any easier for me. It was a good idea to have the registration as a wholly separate location set up for that specific use. Since registration only needed to happen once but had to stay operational for a while, keeping it set aside from the main areas of foot traffic made a lot of sense. :thumbsup:

CR&PW&JB 05-05-2008 11:52 AM

Yeah... A+++ for the folks who set up and ran the registration process. Well done ! Took all of what... two minutes ? :thumbsup:

Edge 05-10-2008 09:12 PM

Warped1966, Greatbear and CR&PW&JB... many thanks for your kind comments! :thumbsup:

wikedgolf 05-12-2008 01:09 PM

I have to agree.... I'm also a Dragon virgin and i drove all the way from Cali! IT is a must to take a MINI to the dragon and experience the open road and the rewards of the Dragon yourself. NO words can discrible how much fun i had through out the whole event.

Thanks to every one who put their heart and hard work in to making it work!

MINIMM 05-14-2008 08:45 AM

Had a great time also.

Thanks to everyone who organized the event.

Well done!

snooter 05-14-2008 03:48 PM

I like this thread :nod:

Non-virgin here, and my wife and I both felt this was the best Dragon yet. I think I even saw Mark F. looking a little relaxed once or twice :lol:

Hats off to everyone that volunteer their time and effort. Not sure if the majority of folks truely realize and appreciate all the time and effort that goes into planning a event of this size. I was very proud to be a part of this years Dragon and can't wait for next year!!

jessicasprouse 05-14-2008 03:59 PM

well i just got my mini a couple months ago, and didnt learn about motd until like a month before, thus i couldnt get out of work to come. But i DO plan on going next year, and I am more than willing to volunteer some of my time there helping out! :thumbsup:

kgdblu 05-14-2008 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by snooter (Post 2231605)
I like this thread :nod:

Non-virgin here, and my wife and I both felt this was the best Dragon yet. I think I even saw Mark F. looking a little relaxed once or twice :lol:

Hats off to everyone that volunteer their time and effort. Not sure if the majority of folks truely realize and appreciate all the time and effort that goes into planning a event of this size. I was very proud to be a part of this years Dragon and can't wait for next year!!

+1 :nod: ..and this was my 6th Dragon.

I just hope we can avoid any acts of God next year...they can be kind of a bummer.:no:

Kilted 05-14-2008 06:57 PM

This was my first time on the Dragon in a MINI (motorcycle experience). The event was great:thumbsup: , my wife and I will be there next year.

Well done!!!!

catseye 05-14-2008 07:47 PM

This was my first Dragon. I have nothing but great things to say for all those who put so much into this. The work really showed and paid off. I help run HPDE's for our club, and I know very well what goes in to an event of this size. Thank you all for such a great time.