Casualty of MOTD 2008

Old 05-08-2008, 06:47 PM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Yep. You're elected. Congratulations, Mr. President.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:50 PM
silverwolf08
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlimeyCabrio
Originally Posted by Warped1966
+1

Old 05-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Kilted
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BlimeyCabrio
Now that we have a good picture of him, when I'm in Orlando next week I'll look for the hat sticking out of his MINI.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
Wow I can't wait for the day you or someone you love crashes and burns... I'll be sure to remind you how they got what they deserved.

Originally Posted by CDMINI
That's precious....CRASH, BANG, ROLL IT OVER!

NOPE, I didn't do anything wrong, no mistakes here, glad everybody's OK, no airbags deployed or nuthin!

This NAM site really has got so many perfect MINI owner/drivers, I don't know how you can stand all that perfection in one place.

Too funny, really!

Old 05-09-2008, 03:53 AM
DixonL2
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
+1

Old 05-09-2008, 05:15 AM
Big Daddy
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know what, guys, CDMINI is right. I chose to go to the Dragon early this year. I chose to go for a drive that night, even tho I was sick and should have went to bed like Katie suggested, because I chose to wait up for a friend who was coming in late. I chose to take that corner at 10-15 mph over the posted speed. I chose the summer performance tires I had on the car that I shouldn't have been using in such cold weather. I chose the line I took around that curve that caused me to hit the broken pavement. Maybe I didn't have control over the weather or the broken pavement but all my other choices led up to and caused this crash. I'm not perfect and I take full responsibility. Thanks for pointing that out, CDMINI....you d*ckhead.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:17 AM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Everbody crashes sometime, but if you don't know whats broken you NEVER can fix anything, you're welcome!

Old 05-09-2008, 06:21 AM
mielnicki
6th Gear
IBTL!

Old 05-09-2008, 09:23 AM
ashboomstick
5th Gear
Everbody crashes sometime, but if you don't know whats broken you NEVER can fix anything, you're welcome!

Don't fall of your pedestal there. You find it's a long way down.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Sarcux
6th Gear
Okay, Big daddy did make a big mistake - but he has owned up to it, and trust me, the punishment of losing his car is more than enough - people rubbing it in his face won't help.

I took a look at the road heave in question - I can see how it could unsettle his car, as it is on the outside of the road, and after hitting it he likely couldn't pull into the apex, and shot into the grass. Sure he was going too fast. That corner is trickier than people think. The rest is history.

Let's all LEARN from his mistake and remember that the S curve after the bridge on 28 is DANGEROUS! Take it easy there, especially in the morning or evening when the road is damp! I've lost it on that same corner, I just managed to recover the car before it became BFFs with the cliff wall.

I was one of the first people to get there after the crash. Poor guy was really shooken up - but what is important is that he and his passenger were UNHARMED. Lets let him compose himself and get his situation straightened out rather than publically humiliating him on the forums, eh?

Old 05-09-2008, 11:23 AM
StLouieLo
6th Gear
Thank you, Jeremy Very well said

Lois

Old 05-09-2008, 12:09 PM
nucknfuts
1st Gear
Originally Posted by StLouieLo
Thank you, Jeremy Very well said

Lois
Jeff and I almost lost it on the same curve and it was nice and sunny outside in the middle of the day. So give Big D a break man he lost his car and handled it so well. I would have been laying down kicking and screaming and crying there would have been no way we would have been consoled. Big D i'm so sorry for your lose. Can't wait to see your new car next year at the Dragon.

Sky

"Don't let your bulldog mouth get your chihuahua butt in trouble"

Old 05-09-2008, 12:38 PM
StLouieLo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by nucknfuts
Jeff and I almost lost it on the same curve and it was nice and sunny outside in the middle of the day. So give Big D a break man he lost his car and handled it so well. I would have been laying down kicking and screaming and crying there would have been no way we would have been consoled. Big D i'm so sorry for your lose. Can't wait to see your new car next year at the Dragon.

Sky

"Don't let your bulldog mouth get your chihuahua butt in trouble"
I was supporting Sarcux on his post about people who are bashing Big Daddy. NOT criticizing Don. I saw Don the morning after & expressed my concern.

Lois

ps. I'm not a man!

Last edited by StLouieLo; 05-09-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:52 PM
eager2own
6th Gear
^ I may be wrong, StLouieLo, but I think nucknfuts was just agreeing with you and Sarcux and merely asking CDMINI to take it easy -- I don't think he was criticizing you

Old 05-09-2008, 12:53 PM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
HeeHaw!!!!

I think that's what he meant, too.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:54 PM
StLouieLo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by eager2own
^ I may be wrong, StLouieLo, but I think nucknfuts was just agreeing with you and Sarcux and merely asking CDMINI to take it easy -- I don't think he was criticizing you
Perhaps so

Lois

Old 05-09-2008, 01:43 PM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ashboomstick
Don't fall of your pedestal there. You find it's a long way down.
More than enough pedestals around this joint, can't even see the ground much for all of them, so many perfect MINI "performance" drivers in one place.

In motorcycle circles we always say if you never crashed, you were never going very fast. But it is only certain riders who say they "laid their bikes down" rather than crashed them. Big Daddy was just so darn close to that thinking I couldn't let it pass. I've done plenty of crashing on 2 and 4 wheels or more.

Everyone else here spent so much time slapping his back like he did something to avoid the tragedy of his or his passenger's face planted in the windshield, when he actually lost it by carrying way too much speed at night on terrain he had no knowledge of. WOW, an unexpected bump in a mountain road, ain't that unpredictable! People really think they aren't being dangerous and this just isn't true.

He mentioned he skidded "only" 200 to 250 feet, 300 feet is a football field. That's a LONG WAY. I think the guy saying he was ONLY going 10-15mph over the speed limit also is a man trying to make it seem better. I went off a motorbike for over a football field long skid mark (300+ feet), but I was going near 130mph when it happened. 200 feet, I think he was carrying a little more speed than 45mph or so!

My BS detector always goes off like a three alarm fire when I visit this place and it's cadre of enthusiasts.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:05 PM
MUShadd
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He mentioned he skidded "only" 200 to 250 feet, 300 feet is a football field. That's a LONG WAY. I think the guy saying he was ONLY going 10-15mph over the speed limit also is a man trying to make it seem better. I went off a motorbike for over a football field long skid mark (300+ feet), but I was going near 130mph when it happened. 200 feet, I think he was carrying a little more speed than 45mph or so!
maybe a MINI has less friction than your hairy ***?

Old 05-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Handsome Rob
4th Gear
More than enough pedestals around this joint, can't even see the ground much for all of them, so many perfect MINI "performance" drivers in one place.

In motorcycle circles we always say if you never crashed, you were never going very fast. But it is only certain riders who say they "laid their bikes down" rather than crashed them. Big Daddy was just so darn close to that thinking I couldn't let it pass. I've done plenty of crashing on 2 and 4 wheels or more.

Everyone else here spent so much time slapping his back like he did something to avoid the tragedy of his or his passenger's face planted in the windshield, when he actually lost it by carrying way too much speed at night on terrain he had no knowledge of. WOW, an unexpected bump in a mountain road, ain't that unpredictable! People really think they aren't being dangerous and this just isn't true.

My BS detector always goes off like a three alarm fire when I visit this place and it's cadre of enthusiasts.

I just read all of the posts and NOT ONE PERSON PATTED HIM ON THE BACK for this accident. Everyone is just thankful that both people are ok. Apparently you sir, dont understand that. He is sorry for what happened and he is taking FULL responsibilty for his actions. So why dont you crawl back in the sh*t hole that you came out of and leave the guy alone.

I also dont recall anyone saying that they "Perfect Mini Performance Drivers"

Old 05-09-2008, 02:25 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
Time out...

Everyone sit back for a few hours, at least, and then come back and revisit this thread.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:57 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
Here is how I see it. CDMini tossed the first stone with what can be construed as a preachy attitude. However, a bunch of you took umbrage to this and hurled your own rocks back at him. I've been watching this thread and when Big Daddy replied in #106 I figured ya'll would be adult enough to end it there. Alas, I was wrong, some of y'all sure did disappoint, some new personal lows were reached. Lets not go any lower, lets see if we can collectively raise ourselves from the dregs to a new lofty perch. Just don't preach from there.

No need for group hugs or a mass Kumbaya singing, some of y'all's have bad voices...

Thanks,

Reopening...

Last edited by gnatster; 05-09-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
Well said and nicely done Gnaster... let's keep on sharing.... BigDaddy, again I say to you, sorry for yer loss... ish happens... you handled it like a man... it took allot of ***** to bring Mo out for all to see at the event, as a reminder to be carful it happens to the best of us, no matter how many times we have been down the same road. I am glad you and yer passenger are ok. I'll always be there to help anyone in need who has an accident.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
+1

Putting your car out there was a great public service. I'm sure it made people think about how ish can happen when they went about driving those fun roads.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:41 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
It's a bummer, but recoverable. I am absolutely impressed by the coving on your doors. How did you do that? Would like to have same design on my CPR.

Hope insurance and your good body man will make it all better soon.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:24 PM
MINI SamuraI
Neutral
that crash kinda scared me a bit, & i wasnt in it, i was the first there though, gave 1 of u guys a ride back.. anyway, i can see where the road was screwed up & can say, not alot of people could recover from what would upset the car. im just glad everyone walked away from that crash.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Casualty of MOTD 2008