North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   6th Annual MINIs on the Dragon (April 30-May 4, 2008) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/6th-annual-minis-on-the-dragon-april-30-may-4-2008-233/)
-   -   Cross Country Road trip Music for MOTD ?!? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/6th-annual-minis-on-the-dragon-april-30-may-4-2008/135667-cross-country-road-trip-music-for-motd.html)

wikedgolf 04-09-2008 02:14 PM

Cross Country Road trip Music for MOTD ?!?

Since i'm planning a cross-country road trip to MOTD in just a few weeks and the vehicle I’m taking has an iPod hookup i need more music!

I’ve got about 5,000 songs all ready on my iPod that rang from 2pac, Janis Joplin, to Britney Spears….But I need more…. It’s going to be a long trip.

Whats songs/play list should I get for the trip?

SPDinNY 04-09-2008 02:26 PM

I think we will bring an audio book for the trip

Doesnotcompute 04-09-2008 02:45 PM

Los Lonely Boys self titled albums is one of my favourite road trip albums...

Warped1966 04-12-2008 07:48 AM

Hey, maybe you good folks can help me with this. Where can one LEGALLY download music these days that can be burned to a CD or put on a SD card? I'm not really familiar with all the details of mp3 files but I would rather pay to download high quality versions of my favorites than sit here and sort through numerous CDs or risk the music nazis coming after me. :wink:

Doesnotcompute 04-12-2008 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Warped1966 (Post 2157934)
Where can one LEGALLY download music these days that can be burned to a CD or put on a SD card?

These are probably the two easiest places to get you going.

ITunes Store

Amazon MP3

MINIclo 04-12-2008 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by wikedgolf (Post 2151584)
Since i'm planning a cross-country road trip to MOTD in just a few weeks and the vehicle I’m taking has an iPod hookup i need more music!

I’ve got about 5,000 songs all ready on my iPod that rang from 2pac, Janis Joplin, to Britney Spears….But I need more…. It’s going to be a long trip.

Whats songs/play list should I get for the trip?

James Brown will get you through the long stretches and keep you AWAKE! Gotta have Willie Nelson singing "On The Road, Again!" :wink: :cool: LOL! I also suggest getting a couple books on CD if you are motoring alone. I listened to The DaVinci Code on CD on a cross-country trip and really enjoyed it. :)

Fastlane 04-12-2008 02:48 PM

Hey wikedgolf:

Someone just introduced me to "The Classic Crime" a couple of weeks ago. They are a great group out of Seattle. They have two discs out...one is an acoustic set....six tracks or so, and the other is a full album of rock. Great sound. I highly suggest it. Can be found on iTunes....go check it out!

Have a great trip!:thumbsup:

wbarnhill 04-12-2008 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Warped1966 (Post 2157934)
Hey, maybe you good folks can help me with this. Where can one LEGALLY download music these days that can be burned to a CD or put on a SD card? I'm not really familiar with all the details of mp3 files but I would rather pay to download high quality versions of my favorites than sit here and sort through numerous CDs or risk the music nazis coming after me. :wink:

I'd suggest iTunes if you don't have the album. If you have the CDs already, you are allowed to copy your own CDs to MP3 for your personal use.

iTunes has a built in function to copy CDs to MP3s, then you can just pull them from your iTunes Library to the iPod. The quality of files downloaded from iTunes will be equivalent to those copied from a CD. Hope this helps!

coopercards 04-14-2008 10:01 AM

If you want some soulful music I have been listening to a lot of Ray Lamontagne. If you want fun music, try some T Pain. :)