North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   6th Annual MINIs on the Dragon (April 30-May 4, 2008) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/6th-annual-minis-on-the-dragon-april-30-may-4-2008-233/)
-   -   MOTD Autocross - get registered! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/6th-annual-minis-on-the-dragon-april-30-may-4-2008/135655-motd-autocross-get-registered.html)

Mark 04-09-2008 12:32 PM

MOTD Autocross - get registered!

If you haven't already heard about the autocross and are interested please register now. There aren't a large number of entries yet and the event is at risk of being canceled.

East Tennessee Region SCCA has been kind enough to host another autocross for us this year. Like last year it will be held at William Blount High School in Maryville (about 1 hour from Fontana). Paid registration for the event is required.

Click here to pay for your registration

Click here for directions

Also, please indicate that you are planning to attend (see below) so we can encourage others to join in this fun and safe manner of pushing you and your MINI to the performance limit.

The following is additional information for the autocross:

Directions

Click here for Google Directions from/to Fontana

Time

Be there by 8:00am. We should finish by 4:00pm. First car off will be 11:00 am. Registration closes at 10:00 am. The course should be available for walking around 9.00 am.

Entry Cap

Minis entries will be capped at 65.

Helmets
Required to wear a Snell 95 or later SM or SA certified helmet. ETR will have loaners available. DOT certifications are not recognized.

Insurance Waiver
Everyone on site will be required to sign an insurance waiver, driver or spectator (same as all SCCA Solo events).

Workers
For these events to work, everyone will also have a work assignment when their run group is not active. We will have experienced autocrossers with all of the novices if they are assigned to shagging cones.

Car Numbers

For car numbers, shoe polish on the windows is specifically illegal in the SCCA. Numbers need to be on both sides and readable at a distance when the car is on course. Painters tape or drafting tape of a color contrasting with the car color works, or numbers on paper taped to the car (not good in the rain). We will have materials at the event. Choose your number when registering on MyAutoEvents.com. Duplicates are obviously not allowed. Do not register in the “Pro indexed class”. We will use this for ETR non-Mini drivers.

Technical Inspection
All cars will have to pass the standard SCCA Solo tech inspection. Tech will close at 10:00 am. Be prepared by having all loose items removed from the car including the drivers side floor mat, car un-locked, hood and rear hatch open. Some tech items:
  • Tires should have no cord showing
  • Brakes – Fluid at proper level and firm pedal
  • Seat belts in good operating condition
  • No excessive fluid leaks
  • Wheel bearings, shocks, suspension and steering in good condition
  • Throttle return action safe and positive
  • All wheel lugs present and tight
  • Hub caps and wheel rings removed
Drivers Meeting
Mandatory at 10:30 am. Cars will be classed according to the SCCA Solo rules. Choose your class when registering on MyAutoevents.com.
PAX (RTP) index will be used to determine overall winner
No smoking in grid area
Please respect the site, pick up after yourself, and leave it in better shape than when you arrived. We want to be able to use the site in the future.

Links of Interest

AutoXCooper.com 04-09-2008 03:05 PM

AutoXCooper.com and Carbotech Brake Pads http://www.autoxcooper.com/ctbrakes.html will be there with a set of front pads for one of the drivers. Also there to answer your questions about brake performance.

jasonsmf 04-16-2008 07:55 PM

Seems strange that there are so few entrants so far, even last year with all of the rain we still had a respectable turnout. Do we typically get a lot of drivers who sign up the morning of the event?

Jason

AutoXCooper.com 04-16-2008 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by jasonsmf (Post 2168169)
Seems strange that there are so few entrants so far, even last year with all of the rain we still had a respectable turnout. Do we typically get a lot of drivers who sign up the morning of the event?

Jason

I hope so, if not your odds of winning Carbotech pads is going to be very good. :grin:

staz87 04-16-2008 10:36 PM

I didn't see anywhere to pay...

cabriopilot 04-17-2008 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by staz87 (Post 2168493)
I didn't see anywhere to pay...

Click here to pay for your registration :thumbsup:

jasonsmf 04-17-2008 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by cabriopilot (Post 2168612)

That link takes you to the myautoevents.com registration page, there is no option to pay there. I'm assuming you pay at the event.

Jason

cabriopilot 04-17-2008 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by jasonsmf (Post 2168656)
That link takes you to the myautoevents.com registration page, there is no option to pay there. I'm assuming you pay at the event.

Jason

That or its "FREE" :thumbsup:
I did go through the entire process of registering and found no place to pay as indicated in the instructions :sly: .
I have used MyAutoEvents.com for other MINI related functions and there is usually a place to pay for your event, so I guess they forgot....:popcorn:

Now let me hurry up and unregister before someone thinks that I'm actually going, as much as I would love to.

AutoXCooper.com 04-17-2008 08:33 AM

Just pay at the event.

cabriopilot 04-17-2008 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by AutoXCooper.com (Post 2169229)
Just pay at the event.

But make sure its before 10am, there's a $15 late fee otherwise.

staz87 04-17-2008 09:27 AM

Is it still $45? I hope they can take credit... :lol: MOTD is going to clean me out

AutoXCooper.com 04-19-2008 04:06 AM

Yep still $45, plan on cash or check.

OctaneGuy 04-21-2008 11:46 AM

Which day is the autox???

jasonsmf 04-21-2008 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by OctaneGuy (Post 2178832)
Which day is the autox???

Saturday

staz87 04-21-2008 02:17 PM

On their website it states $35. Why the discrimination?

jasonsmf 04-21-2008 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by staz87 (Post 2179386)
On their website it states $35. Why the discrimination?

I'm pretty sure the $35 is for the regular ETR SCCA autox events. This is a special event that they are putting on for us.
Jason

Mark 04-21-2008 03:05 PM

This is a private event for us only...general public is not invited. Given the low number of registrations this means you'll get as much course time as you can stand :thumbsup: We do however need to get some more people to attend. They have agreed to hold it no matter what at this point but more attendance will insure they will be interested in hosting us again next year.

Mark

AutoXCooper.com 04-21-2008 03:26 PM

AutoX with a large group of MINI's can really take your game to the next level. I'm not going to MOTD AX to win, I'm going to learn so I can come home and win here. It will be a great day to take in tons of info, do ride some along and leave ready to win your season at home.

Think of it like; $22.50 AutoX and $22.50 MINI AX School. May also be easier to get it past your better/other half too. :razz:

UKCoopeR 04-23-2008 08:12 AM

just registered for my second ever autoX

here's to not overdriving my tires again lol

AutoXCooper.com 04-24-2008 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by UKCoopeR (Post 2183771)
just registered for my second ever autoX

here's to not overdriving my tires again lol

Very Cool, thanks for coming out to play in the cones. Pump up them tires.

UKCoopeR 04-24-2008 06:47 AM

i am looking forward to some tips by you non-noobs :razz:

AutoXCooper.com 05-05-2008 02:00 PM

and now the numbers, http://etrscca.org/soloii/results/20..._event_sum.htm Not sure why they think Mark's MINI was an 06, but he was driving my 05 R50.

jasonsmf 05-06-2008 07:20 PM

Thanks AutoXCooper and to Carbotech for supporting this event! It was nice to meet you guys, even though I didn't take home the free brakes, I still had a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to next year's autox already!! (lets make sure this event IS continued)

Jason

RockyMC40 05-07-2008 11:02 AM

Very fun event rain and all. Thanks to everyone who had a part in putting this together!