North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   6th Annual MINIs on the Dragon (April 30-May 4, 2008) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/6th-annual-minis-on-the-dragon-april-30-may-4-2008-233/)
-   -   MOTD 1st Annual MINI Show (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/6th-annual-minis-on-the-dragon-april-30-may-4-2008/127804-motd-1st-annual-mini-show.html)

gnatster 02-03-2008 09:31 AM

MOTD 1st Annual MINI Show

friday, Friday, FRIDAY!!

Come One - Come ALL - COME TO THE MINI’s on The Dragon 1st of what we hope to be annual MINI Show. See it all, from gleaming prettier than new bone stockers to Maddest of the Mad Modders dripping with HORSEPOWER!! Classics too!!! 50 of the finest examples gathered on the lots below the Adventure Center for your amusement. Meet Celebrity Judges and brush with greatness. friday, Friday, FRIDAY!! May 2nd from 1-5 in the afternoon. Be there!

The Details:
Date: Friday May 2 1-5 PM, Registered cars to start arriving at 12 Noon.
Place: Lot surrounding the General Store, Fontana Village
Classes: Classic Mini
Stock
Modded MINI Cooper
Modded MINI Cooper S
Mad-Modder

Judging: 2 teams mixed between Celebrity Judges and Committee Members
Celebrity Judges: OctaneGuy – Richard of Show Car Detailing - Exterior
Heather – Detailers Paradise – Interior
Agokart – Chad of Detroit Tuned – Under Bonnet
Tüls – Overall Impression

Cost to Enter: $10 to enter a MINI, FREE to view

Registration: Registration: Select the car show option in your MOTD driver or passenger seat registration

Classy Trophies to be awarded

snooter 02-03-2008 01:11 PM

Sounds like a great time. Don't think my MINI is worthy, but I'll be there to drool over those that are!!!

cabriopilot 02-03-2008 02:01 PM

Count me in as a spectator :thumbsup: .
My bone stock cabrio has no mods other than some cheap eyes under the hood and a MOTD05 badge on the grill :sad: , not quite your car show material.

But I'm hoping others will bring something for me to drool over so that I can take millions of pictures to keep me going till the following years MOTD.:wink:

agranger 02-03-2008 06:11 PM

Very cool... I'm in!

I'd better restock my detailing suplies from the wonderful folks at DETAILING PARADISE, get some of the incredible Black WOW ready and put together a list of all the cool mods I got from DETROIT TUNED so I'll be ready for the show! :wink: :lol: :wink: :lol:

kgdblu 02-03-2008 07:11 PM

my car's too old and beat up, but the 50 should be great to look at :nod::thumbsup: This show should be lots of fun!

Darth_Cooper 02-03-2008 07:37 PM

w00t! I don't think that my car is in the class of some of you others, but I might think about entering. hmm.

BlimeyCabrio 02-03-2008 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by agranger (Post 2019398)
Very cool... I'm in!

I'd better restock my detailing suplies from the wonderful folks at DETAILING PARADISE, get some of the incredible Black WOW ready and put together a list of all the cool mods I got from DETROIT TUNED so I'll be ready for the show! :wink: :lol: :wink: :lol:

Stinkin brown nose. :razz:

:lol:

Hmmmm.... Might be drivin... That's a long time to be off the road...:cry:
But I'm lookin' forward to seeing all the awesome cars!

Unpossible that I'd win anything, anyway... :wink:

Deviant 02-04-2008 12:06 PM

The way the judging is being structured, cars don't have to be immaculate or intricately modded to do well. If you just want to show off what you've got, you should enter.

markvibari 02-05-2008 06:00 AM

This sounds like a GREAT addition to the MOTD (extended) weekend. As Barry said, my car's too "average" to compete, but I'm looking forward to seeing the show.

Darkness 02-05-2008 07:22 AM

We have a stock class for those of you that are "average". We've gone to great efforts to make sure it is fair for everyone. Yes, even you OEM'ers.

My car would be in Mod, but you sure couldn't tell by looking at it.

mmatarella 02-05-2008 08:21 AM

This sounds like fun. I'll enter my mild car...

gnatster 02-05-2008 09:00 AM

We encourage anyone and everyone to enter. There are 5 classes so someplace for everyone. We've also written the judging guidlines to balance a 100k miler daily drivers vs an off the lot MINI have an equal chance.

ImagoX 02-05-2008 09:54 AM

You know *I'm* in.

Best of luck to everyone - it will be a great photo op I bet!

Organizers: If I might make a suggestion: be sure to have a marshal on-hand to tightly corral the cars into some sort of attractive line-up - I recommend lines with the cars on a slant. I've seen other car shows do this, and the photos always come out really nice afterwards. Also, it would be nice if the display and judging time were moved later, so that those of us with customized glow (hint hint) were able to really show it off. I was pretty much alone with this sort of MOD at the last MOTD, but I know that several other poeple have done the LED boot light MOD, underseat and footwell LEDs or even cabin dome light replacements in the meantime, and it would be nice to be able to see that in action (especially if you segregate the cars by judging class, whoch I'd also suggest).

Just a suggestion...

Darkness 02-05-2008 10:19 AM

members of the show committee will be there to corral the cars into their positions and park them appropriatly. All members of each class will be together (i hate shows where they aren't!). If I remember the lay of the lot it should leave good opportunities for photo ops.

As far as pushing the time back to show of your leds; I'm not so sure. The brew swap follows the show, and we want to clear out of there before then to give participants of that places to park

ImagoX 02-05-2008 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Darkness (Post 2022338)
As far as pushing the time back to show of your leds; I'm not so sure. The brew swap follows the show, and we want to clear out of there before then to give participants of that places to park

Hrm... that's too bad. Lighting MODs are growing in popularity, so it would be nice of they were recognized in this. I'll still likely participate, even though many of my MODs are "stealthed" so that the car looks as close to stock as possible with things switched off.

Deviant 02-06-2008 06:24 PM

We did consider the lighting aspect (at least for showing off) but our time slot had to end before other events and it was deemed to be too difficult to judge the cars in the dark. Nothing's stopping you (except local laws) from showing off your lighting after the show.

Minibug 02-07-2008 01:43 PM

Sounds like great fun! This will be my second MOTD. I don't have my own Mini but my husband, Louispup, has a BRG Cooper. Learning about Minis and hanging out with Mini folks has been lots of fun!

wetceal 02-20-2008 11:19 PM

Ooohh...I'm definitely interested in participating in this! :thumbsup:

ARTSJCW 02-21-2008 12:29 AM

I'm in

MiniBEE4Me 02-21-2008 05:29 PM

Yet another fun thing at MOTD, can't wait! :thumbsup:

joshamman 02-27-2008 04:09 PM

[signs up now]

:)

CR&PW&JB 02-27-2008 04:29 PM

Count Dr Evil "IN" ! He loooooooves to show off. :nod:

hahnsie 02-28-2008 08:59 AM

we look forward to seeing all the Mini's in all their assorted splendor

BLUCOOPR 02-28-2008 09:24 AM

O.K. I will enter, but what class? Tuls you seen the BLUCOOPR at wilmington car show since then added M-7 16 reduction pulley, Detriot Tunned by pass valve, Alta headers. Oh well will enter regardless, youall can put me in what ever class you want. I just love to go up against paynemdMINI he has a bomb and new rubber!

gnatster 02-28-2008 10:12 AM

When you register there will be a page where you pick your mods and it will come back and assign the class