North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   6th Annual MINIs on the Dragon (April 30-May 4, 2008) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/6th-annual-minis-on-the-dragon-april-30-may-4-2008-233/)
-   -   Charity for the 3rd Round of the Dragon Brew Swap (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/6th-annual-minis-on-the-dragon-april-30-may-4-2008/106842-charity-for-the-3rd-round-of-the-dragon-brew-swap.html)

BrewSwapGuy 07-10-2007 07:52 AM

Charity for the 3rd Round of the Dragon Brew Swap

Hello all,

You should have noticed at this year's MOTD, and year's past, that many events are put on with the intent to collect some money for a charity.

The Cigar Salon & Midnight on the Dragon Events are run by MKO and benefit Cerebral Palsy and other charities (I think). MINI_Bee sold MOTD patches this year, raising $1000 for Easter Seals. Monte Carlo night raised money for Autism.

It's time us beer junkies show some compassion and find a charity tie in for our event. There are thousands of charities out there and we'd like to find a good one. If you know of a charity (of any type, disease, kids, homeless, etc) that could use our help, please email me the name or post it here.

Once we have a bunch of names we'll narrow the list down to the three we'd like to help most. Then we'll open up a poll somewhere for you guys to vote on.

I'm very optimistic we can raise a bunch of cash for a worthwhile charity. Drink your beer and feel good about the fact that you just helped some people out.

Thanks
Matt

Bear Slayer 07-10-2007 09:38 AM

Two things close to my heart: Katrina relief - the charity name is Operation Helping Hands, and cancer relief - The Lance Armstrong Foundation.

Jpolson 07-10-2007 05:43 PM

the MDA Muscular Dystrophy Association is a good one also the United Way goes to many things also Make-a-Wish is good one. Heck any big name charity is a good bet

Drillslinger 07-10-2007 06:52 PM

Fisher House??

vdubdoug 07-11-2007 05:02 AM

Even though I don't drink I would like to see Make a wish.

BrewSwapGuy 07-11-2007 06:32 AM

Fisher House is noted.

Make A Wish is leading in my mind due to the fact that if we raised enough money we could fund a specific child's wish ourselves. So it wouldn't be like just sending in cash and saying, "spend it wisely". We'd actually be funding a wish in its entirety. To me, that would be very rewarding.

Bear Slayer 07-12-2007 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by BrewSwapGuy (Post 1622336)

Make A Wish is leading in my mind due to the fact that if we raised enough money we could fund a specific child's wish ourselves. So it wouldn't be like just sending in cash and saying, "spend it wisely". We'd actually be funding a wish in its entirety. To me, that would be very rewarding.

Yeah, we could send some kid to MOTD 7. Awesome! What little kid wouldn't want to come to Brew Swap 4. Just kidding. I like this idea. Really cool.

Matt

lilruffcat 07-12-2007 07:44 AM

i like the idea of the fisher house..
but really no matter what you pick, im sure it would be worth it!

otisg5 07-12-2007 08:12 AM

My MINI could use some new shoes...is there a charity for that :grin:

I would push "Make a Wish" to the top 3.:thumbsup:

snooter 07-13-2007 11:22 AM

Big Brother and Big Sisters

March of Dimes

ASPCA (for our four legged friends)

Feed the Children

M.A.D.D.

Drillslinger 07-13-2007 05:57 PM

Yeah, MADD was my first thought too for obvious reasons, but I think it's on the list from another thread or forum :confused:

:thumbsup: