5th Annual MINIs on the Dragon (May 3-6, 2007) The 5th Anniversary of the largest MINI event in the nation. Ready to take your turn trying to tame the Dragon?

Should we warn these poor people?? *see link*

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 08:20 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should we warn these poor people?? *see link*

I found this on MotorsportReg.com while checking my status on a DE.
Anyway, I wonder if these folks have bothered to look at the Dragon website calender??
https://www.motorsportreg.com/calend...F70E2944E62E2D

Here's a snippet from their website, really I don't think they have a clue what they're in for . Taken over by bikers hahahahaha!

We will be staying at the Jamison Inn and will serve as our Event HQ. We're not reserving a block of rooms. Right now, there's plenty of occupancy. The rates are good and includes a continental breakfast. We will be staying for 2 nights.
We will plan on starting early on Saturday to run the Dragon a few times before the area is taken over by bikers. We will break for lunch and then journey onto the Cherehola Skyway - a scenic vista drive up and over the ridge of a mountain (start at an elevation of 800ft above sea level and climb to over 5200ft above sea level). We will also travel to Fontana Dam (largest man made dam East of the Mississippi) and other mountain roads before returning to the Dragon for a late afternoon/evening run.

Annette

Old 03-05-2007, 08:27 PM
kgdblu
6th Gear
Motorcycles? It's an Audi club....I think they'll be very disappointed at how crowded the Dragon is....

Old 03-05-2007, 08:49 PM
SB
6th Gear
Everyone hear that? There's openings at Jamison Inn for that weekend! Better run and get them before they are gone.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:58 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
I read thru one of their board threads & they said they heard the Minis were going to be there but that Minis are just BMW's in disguise so MBE they could get the Audi's & Minis all together & we could have a German car fest It was pretty obvious they dunno how many Minis there will be. So do we think there be like 50 Minis for every Audi there

Old 03-05-2007, 09:03 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
We might oughta warn 'em about the German thing, too . Some folks around here don't take too kindly to that kind of talk .

Personally, my husband and I are both Audi fans, fond memories and all that,so I'm cool, but I just kind of felt bad that maybe they didn't know how crowded it is going to be.

Annette

Old 03-05-2007, 09:06 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BoCRon
We might oughta warn 'em about the German thing, too . Some folks around here don't take too kindly to that kind of talk .
I was going to post in their thread & nicely say HI & let them know that 400-500 Minis would be looking forward to seeing them on the Dragon Saturday but then I decided that I was just way too lazy to register to post on their board
Let's surprise em

Old 03-05-2007, 09:11 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Oh great, I just saw some posts where there is a dispute over the logic of no passing/crossing the yellow on the dragon. Hopefully they worked it out in another thread, from what I could see it was a draw.

Annette

Old 03-05-2007, 09:17 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
Yeah I saw them arguing over crossing or not crossing the yellow but at least it looked like the "crossing the yellow line is bad" people were winning the argument

Old 03-05-2007, 09:18 PM
SB
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bamatt
I was going to post in their thread & nicely say HI & let them know that 400-500 Minis would be looking forward to seeing them on the Dragon Saturday but then I decided that I was just way too lazy to register to post on their board
Let's surprise em
I can see it now. They'll be standing on the overlook Friday morning enjoying the weather and the few cars there. Then here comes the parade full of hundreds of MINIs.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:19 PM
JustJAY
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sent a nice email to the person whom is handling their event. Lets see what happens.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:19 PM
PEP
Coordinator ::Bluegrass Minis
Perhaps the best thing to do would be to say, as bamatt said, something along the lines of "welcome to the dragon...from 500 MINIs." But then it would be kinda funny to read the "holy crap, there's another MINI!" on their faces every time we crossed paths.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:23 PM
SB
6th Gear
Wait. I just figured it out. They are coming to see us. Not visit the dragon. How sweet.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:24 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
here is a quote from the thread:
The Southern Chapter of the Audi Club is going to make up some great maps for everyone for our day of fun. I'm gonna see if I can start a chat with the Mini guys and see if we can do something (as an all German event).

Nothing against German cars, I love BMW's but why don't we ask the Audi's if they would like to join our British/English car fest

Old 03-05-2007, 09:39 PM
SB
6th Gear
As an all German event? That's asking for trouble.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:32 PM
MINInurse
Nationally Known Nurse
Not that I don't like an Audi..Heck I was even born in one! but they will sure be in for a surprise when they get there and see the TONS of MINIS!!

Old 03-06-2007, 02:35 PM
chows4us
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniNurse
Not that I don't like an Audi..Heck I was even born in one! but they will sure be in for a surprise when they get there and see the TONS of MINIS!!
Maybe all the MINIs drivers will be shocked to see all the Audis

Old 03-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Jeremy1026
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by chows4us
Maybe all the MINIs drivers will be shocked to see all the Audis
Maybe hell will freeze over and we will be invaded by H2s

Old 03-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Jeremy1026
"Just want to give you guys a heads up from the MINI side of this event. We arn't a small group getting together for a weekend on The Dragon. We are projecting over 500 cars from all over the country. As to the references to us being German and what not, not so much. We are British cars. Assembled in Oxford, UK, shipped from Oxford, UK. If any of you guys want to try to come visit/join in on any of our events check out www.northamericanmotoring.com for all of our organization. Enjoy your stay in the Fontana Village area, stay safe on the dragon. And most of all, beware, the British are coming, the British are coming!"

I got bored...hope you guys don't mind that I told them that if they want to they could attempt to join us for a run (I don't think they want to mess with the numbers we will have on the roads)

Old 03-06-2007, 05:53 PM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
I can't wait to see the looks on their faces!

Old 03-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Zyamfier
Coordinator :: Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN)
Tori - I am so there this is going to be great.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:30 PM
JustJAY
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Jeremy1026
"Just want to give you guys a heads up from the MINI side of this event. We arn't a small group getting together for a weekend on The Dragon. We are projecting over 500 cars from all over the country. As to the references to us being German and what not, not so much. We are British cars. Assembled in Oxford, UK, shipped from Oxford, UK. If any of you guys want to try to come visit/join in on any of our events check out www.northamericanmotoring.com for all of our organization. Enjoy your stay in the Fontana Village area, stay safe on the dragon. And most of all, beware, the British are coming, the British are coming!"

I got bored...hope you guys don't mind that I told them that if they want to they could attempt to join us for a run (I don't think they want to mess with the numbers we will have on the roads)
I assume you posted this on their forum?

Originally Posted by Zyamfier
Tori - I am so there this is going to be great.
I just got one of your clubs shirts

Old 03-06-2007, 06:42 PM
JustJAY
6th Gear
Just got a reply and everything is cool. They wanted to know the schedule for the Parade and the Photo shoot. They are planning to do roughly the same thing. They are going to do some runs on the Dragon, but mostly stay to the other roads and split into smaller groups. They are also coresponding with a contact from ATLMinis, which is a help as well. Seem like a fun, friendly, diverse group like ourselves.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Jeremy1026
Coolio Nothing like more people that love their cars like we do (even though ours are MUCH MUCH cooler)

Old 03-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Zyamfier
Coordinator :: Cooper Owners of Rural Nebraska (CORN)
Originally Posted by JustJAY
I just got one of your clubs shirts
Glad to see. It is really strange to see where people are buying from.
Sorry to do this but I figure some of you will be asking "Club shirts?"
Who else wants a CORN shirt. Go here www.cafepress.com/CORNClub
here is a close up of the back

Now back to the Audi thread!

Old 03-06-2007, 08:28 PM
SpunkytheTuna
4th Gear
Just got a room in the Jameson Inn in Alcoa, so I guess I'll be staying with the Audi guys. I hope they don't get all drunk and sing the Horst Wessel song and march around all night!

I wonder where Alcoa is.

Quick Reply: Should we warn these poor people?? *see link*